1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article ‘The Walking Dead’ recap: Over it

Discussion in '7x03: The Cell' started by MamaGrimes, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Right!!! I lost interest as soon as I saw that

2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    To be fair, we have had only two full episodes with him and only one that focuses on him, so I find this criticism over dramatic. And I cannot take any critic seriously who calls Daryl one of the best character. On what fucking planet???

Morenachan and Deep_Ricking like this.
  3. JBody

JBody Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Negan pontificating.... this is gonna be a looong hard slog, man. Blech.

[​IMG]

21melpomene and Clutterbuck like this.
  4. Morenachan

Morenachan Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    @MamaGrimes @richonneromance

Gareth :gareth:came to mind also last night...all I was thinking we should go back to the cannibals:chop: lol lol the writers should have skipped over Beth/Daryl episodes and condensed the Grady arc to 1-2 episodes. I know this a little of topic but that's what bothered most about that arc, was that Beth :beth:when through all that just for Noah to die in such a senseless and gruesome fashion not even 4 episodes later...JUST DID NOT ADD UP..... then again 5b was just all around mess (intro pointless "neighbor wife" arc:daleeye:)

richonneromance and MamaGrimes like this.
  5. Morenachan

Walker Pets:
    That's what made me fear him cause I could not understand where his madness and cruelty came from
    [​IMG]

Even the way he was drawn, he comes off as creepy and psycho

[​IMG]

WalkerVoodoo likes this.
  6. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    He was far more cartoonish than Negan is though. He had no rhyme or reason for doing what he did to Rick or Michonne. At least, with Negan, he is more like a mafia boss or motorcycle gang leader who leads with fear. There are far more realistic counterparts to Negan than the Governor

7. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Negan is legit Dick Dastardly
    [​IMG]

Morenachan likes this.
  8. Morenachan

Walker Pets:
    Agree with you about Negan being more realistic bad guy but not the way he is hyped up, too over the top like some kind of super vilian #lame. With the Governor i was wondered if the guy is a product of the apocalypse or has he always been like that.
    I think that where the problem lies not everything translate well from comic to TV....I see it as lazy writing when they follow the comic too much, Glenn/Abe/Noah even Tyrese deaths could have been remixed. Noah should still be alive in my opinion and Tyrese should have made it to ASZ

Gekari likes this.
  9. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I know this may offend, but when I hear people talk about how great Negan is, it reads as some dude bro's idea of what it would be cool to do when the world goes to hell in a hand basket. Negan reads as some fantasy some nerdy guy wrote up that he can vicariously live through. (I wish there was a better way to describe this.)

So they made Negan funny, and strong, and charismatic, and good looking, and an adherer to some code of conduct that doesn't make him completely bad...but like...he IS completely bad. They gave him a leather jacket to evoke a James Dean, "Devil-Without-A-Cause" image and try to make this stereotype of an anti-hero.

That may have rang true in the comics, but it is NOT coming through in the show. I mentioned somewhere else how the Sherry/Negan thing reads like rape (coercion is still rape). And in this climate (there are more discussions around rape culture, consent, etc.), this can all go south really FAST. And production needs Negan to be as popular in the show as he is in the comics because they are banking on him sure-ing up the audience as this clunker gets on in years...and man...let's hope they turn it around. If they don't make it better somehow...wow.

10. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My problem with Negan is he is not scary to me. I want him to scare me but he doesn't.

21melpomene, SevenStars and Gekari like this.
  11. JBody

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yup! I posted Snidely Whiplash...same diff ;)

DirtieBirdie likes this.
  12. Morenachan

Walker Pets:
    ^^^^Agree with all of this^^^^

[​IMG]

I'm just hoping that at the end of AOW the writers just kill him off :dienegan::dienegan: None of that "let's redeem him" BS

AbsoluteTrash and Denie39 like this.
  13. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The over saturation of Negan is killing his character. What was the point of having him in the entire premiere? They really should have just had the Lucille scene happen at the end of 6x16 and had him leave with the "Ta Ta" immediately after. Having him take Rick for this ride was irrelevant and stupid. He should have just come in, done his thing, and left leaving us to process everything during the hiatus. Stretching out his scenes and giving him unnecessary episodes is just making his character look desperately forced.

14. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh good lord Snidely Whiplash! :lol: Thank you for this, I can't unsee it now.

JBody likes this.
  15. JayHey

JayHey Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    The only villain that really fascinated and sort of scared me was Shane in season 2 because he was so realistic. The Govenor didn't feel realistic nor scary just demented and stupid. The Claimers were a group that felt realistic too. If Negan were revamped with a more serious demeanor then I could see him being scary. I find people whose evilness/cruelty makes sense are the most scary of all because you may actually be able to sympathize with their madness.

16. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    That's what I'm saying. I honestly never understood what was so great about Negan on paper. If it's a poorly written character that's Kirkman. However, I can't stand Negan at all. Looking forward to his downfall. So perhaps something is working.

17. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Yes, yes!! This. I can hang in there if Negan goes down hard.

18. JBody

Patron

Walker Pets:
    You're most welcome! Had to share my vision.:eek: