1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

‘The Walking Dead’ will be at PaleyFest LA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hewontgo, Jan 7, 2017.

1. gmc_vitamind

gmc_vitamind Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Andy better show up I swear.

2. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    We're all gonna be a bunch of Bitter Bettys come March 17 if they shortchange us again. I apologize if I come across as whiney, especially given all the greatness we get from Richonne on a weekly basis. Some ships have not even gone canon yet, while others never will. I just don't think it's asking much for our lovelies to get the same treatment as the other couples. I'm not even talking about preferential treatment. I'm asking for the basics. :denise:

hewontgo, Katbird, Gekari and 6 others like this.
  3. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    RIGHT?!

msbold1 and MrsG like this.
  4. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Andy's coming! :beardsmile: But it looks like Danai is not.

ETA: Panel Lineup:
    Andrew Lincoln
    Lauren Cohan
    Melissa McBride
    Josh McDermitt
    Christian Serratos
    Alanna Masterson
    Ross Marquand
    Tom Payne

5. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I hate when I am Nostradamus :agony::eugene2:

SweetDee85 and Gekari like this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm very much looking forward to this panel. Especially since it'll be sans Reedus.

7. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Maybe the list is still a work in progress. NR never misses a TWD featured event, so maybe Danai will be added later. Ugghh! Can we please get Andy and Danai in the same fu*king room sitting next to each other!? :rant: At this point, we're asking for the bare minimum. :jude:

8. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    Not surprised that Danai will not be attending. BP will be filming in South Korea for 2 weeks in late March. I am surprised that JDM and NR will not be attending. I am hoping for Khary to be added later.

9. RixChix

RixChix Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    May the forces of all that is good and non-spotlight attention hoggery keep him away...build a wall between him and Paleyfest

10. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Oh wow, Danai (kind of figured because of BP) Chandler, JDM, and Norman won't be there. Thanks for the info, CB!

Clutterbuck likes this.
  11. Michroolz

Michroolz Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    No Lenny or Seth either.

All in all, bar AL and JM, a bit lacking in the charisma department. LC is funny but a bit too try-hard for me most times alongside the humour sinkhole that is the Executive Producers. Without DG, SY and MC, and particularly if Hardtwit is hosting, this will be one to miss.

box5angel and nat_richonne like this.
  12. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    I know you had your heart set on another glitter war but maybe NR can still come through. :lol: I figured DG and SMG had filming commitments and were not likely to make Paleyfest but I was hoping for Khary or Lennie to attend.

13. Michroolz

Walker Pets:
    Har! Har! I'd rather eat glass than watch that glitter childishness again. Lenny wrote (and is acting in?) a new TV series that's soon to be shown over here so I think he'll either be doing post-production or doing UK promotion for it so wasn't really expecting him either. Yep, we haven't really 'met' Khary yet, it would be nice to. I might change my mind if he turns up :)

box5angel, slade3 and nat_richonne like this.
  14. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yay for Andy....

[​IMG]

No Danai, which means we haven't gotten a good joint panel from both Andy and Danai since they went canon. The 7A promo don't count; it was all a mess due to the cliffy.

[​IMG]

But on the bright side, no NR, so no glitter shenanigans or dumb questions about stupid shit.

[​IMG]

15. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope Lenny's show makes it over to the US. It sounds interesting and I'd love to see it.

SpoilerTV indicated more guests will be announced for the TWD panel so NR or JDM may turn up. Either way, I'm probably going to skip this.

box5angel and Michroolz like this.
  16. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    NR watch him be added last minute....:unsure:

I figured Danai wouldn't make it :(,
    definitely happy Andy is going :allthethings:

box5angel likes this.
  17. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I feel you @SweetDee85. That Malcolm X gif is me right now. :lol: LOL! Yeah we're pretty much screwed on ever getting a 'Richonne' panel. Gleggie - I love them, lawd knows I do (in my Sofia voice) and Sashaham who were together for 1.3 seconds, all were seated next to each other at nearly every event ( I swear that's a clause in their freakin' contracts). :ontd: Yet here we Richonners are...still waiting for them to be SEATED TOGETHER, folks. :jude: It may seem insignificant or trivial to some to fret over seating arrangements, but that visual means a great deal IMO. Be it schedule conflicts, on stage pranks or whatever...I've resigned to the fact that it just ain't gonna happen.:michonneeye: I hate to keep getting my hopes up only to be disappointed. (It crushed me when Andy couldn't make it to NYCC.) :eugene2: At least we get canon Richonne on screen.:allthethings: In the grand scheme of things, that's really all that matters. I know I'm being a whiney bish.:salt: Don't judge me too harshly. :unsure:

Belle, Gekari, box5angel and 2 others like this.
  18. Michroolz

Walker Pets:
    Re Lenny, if it was a BBC show I'd say there would be every chance of you seeing it but it's a SKY show. Ah, just remembered, I think it's on SKY Atlantic which means you may well get it across the pond, it's just a matter of when.

More guests, really? Oh dear. To think I used to have the serious hots for JDM but since seeing his 'friendship' with NR he has dropped from hero to zero in double time.

I agree, so not here for this Paleyfest, I'm afraid.

nat_richonne and slade3 like this.
  19. Michroolz

Walker Pets:
    I absolutely adored MC and Sonequa for the way they sold Sashaham off screen. Lord knows they needed to because there wasn't even a kiss onscreen. Did they sit together at anytime?

I think we're all in for a big disappointment if we expect to see AL and DG billing and cooing about each other in the same way though because their relationship has had the screentime and they are two of the big three characters on the show. Much as I love Gleggie, their relationship did more or less define their characters whereas Rick and Michonne are so much more than each other's love interest. Also, it bothered me that most of the media inquiries about Richonne at SDCC were directed at DG because, you know, she's only the love interest but give her her due DG sold the heck out of it. So they don't need to be sitting together to continue with that. And ugh, just the thought of Chris Hardprick discussing Richonne makes me shudder.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Belle, gmc_vitamind, Gekari and 6 others like this.
  20. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Very well stated @Michroolz. :thumbsup: My brain comprehends everything you wrote, but my heart is still!...:salt:

Michroolz likes this.