1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers 6x10 Summary Spoiler Compilation

Discussion in '6x10: The Next World' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    From DayDream Machine at TSDF (the hero we all deserve)

- There's a time jump, Carl is fine, it's quiet and peaceful in Alexandria, people are cleaning up and rebuilding.

- The main plot revolves around Rick and Daryl who are on a supply run. They meet Jesus who tricks them and steals their truck full of supplies. They catch up with him but the truck ends up sinking into a lake unintentionally. It's all quite fun, especially the banter between Daryl and Jesus. They take Jesus with them to Alexandria as a captive but he shows up in Rick's bedroom at the end of the episode, telling him they need to talk.

- There's a subplot with Michonne and Spencer as well as Carl and Enid roaming through the woods. Not much happens during the Carl and Enid part. They find a walker Carl doesn't want to kill, but it isn't revealed who it is. Later, Michonne and Spencer find the same walker - lured into their direction by Carl - and it turns out to be a zombified Deanna. Spencer kills her and finds closure.

- By the end of the episode, Rick and Michonne have sex, just like that. They hold hands, make out and then have sex and when Jesus arrives in Rick's bedroom they're naked in bed together.

- Denise mentions that Tara and Heath are about to go on a 2 week supply run which makes me think they will be captured by Negan and Tara will be toast soon (taking Holly's place from the comics).
    Other nuggets:

There's one scene with Maggie where she talks to Enid who isolates herself again from the rest of Alexandria. She asks her to get more involved.

[re Richonne sex scene]
    The scene is quite sweet with Rick coming home from his rough day and Michonne comforting him and then one thing leads to another. It's played out decidedly understated and natural, like it's not a big deal for them.

[re Richonne sex scene]
    They make out on the couch a bit and the scene ends before they take their clothes off, then cut to them lying in bed sleeping, enter Jesus, they wake up, jump out of the bed (still naked), point their weapons at him, end of episode. There are tiny hints of butt in the final shot, like the butts are just one inch out of frame, in case you're lusting for that.

[re Richonne sex scene]
    It's initiated by a pack of mint drops. That's a followup to a scene from the beginning of the episode when there's some banter about missing toothpaste. Rick promises to get toothpaste during the supply run. The tooth paste ends up sinking with the truck, but he manages to bring Michonne the mint drops instead and that's how they 'accidentally' end up hand in hand while sitting next to each other on the couch. Then they look at each other lovingly, lean in for the kiss...

[re Jesus and DayDream Machine's opinion of his portrayal]
    I like him, handsome and charming. The whole performance has a certain Jack Sparrow vibe, an artful dodger, but in a goofy manner.

[re Jesus and a potential binocular scene]
    No binocular scene and Daryl ends up knocking Jesus out after he tricked them several times. Jesus saves Daryl from a walker though.

[re time jump and Carl's recovery]
    I think there's no clear statement about that. Since Carl is up and running, maybe two weeks, maybe a little more.

[re Richonne sex scene]
    Naturally falling into orbit is the right way to put it, but it definitely didn't happen over the jump. This is definitely their first time. It's not a dramatic thing for them, but they seem a little surprised when it happens.

[re Jesus's skills]
    Not sure about that. I haven't seen any martial art skills yet. At one point Jesus and Daryl basically play tag and that's not what martial art fighters usually do. I can say for sure that he's an escape artist though.

[re Carl knowing Spencer is running around]
    Yes, he does.

[re Carl and Michonne]
    There's also an emotional scene with Michonne towards the end where she asks him why he did that and he says Deanna deserved to be put down by someone who loved her and he would do the same for Michonne.

[re Richonne]
    As for the feverish Richonne debate, I think the episode does a good job to also convince the sceptics of this relationship. It might as well be titled 'Introducing the Grimes family'. It's bookended with family scenes. Between those the family members head out to have their own adventures and then they get back together after a hard day of 'work' to find some comfort in their home. Rick and Michonne already come across like a loving couple in the opening scene with the toothpaste banter. It's playful and natural.

As for Jessie, well, I think she mostly appealed to Rick's protective instincts and rekindled his desire for a traditional family. Now that she's gone he's realized that he already has a family. It may not be traditional in a conservative way. His partner may not be white or a damsel in distress who needs to be taken care of, but it's a family that works and it's deeply rooted in mutual trust and understanding. That's the best kind of family, so it makes perfect sense to go all the way.​

#1 Doctor Grimes, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. LunaFall

LunaFall Nabila went all Hershel on us
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know if I have anymore squee within me... I need to recharge... I'm so glad I'm off today, lol.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  3. michonne

michonne Protecting Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    OH MY FUCK THE CARL PART I HADN'T SEEN THAT PART Y'ALL SOMEONE HELP ME I'M A MESS

Shae32, Navy&Cream and Doctor Grimes like this.
  4. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    OMG, reading it all together like that. I am now back to not properly functioning. It is like they were reading all our hopes and dreams for Richonne and Michonne and Carl.
    Gimple I almost take back every bad thing I said about you.......almost.

Thank You @Doctor Grimes

5. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "he says Deanna deserved to be put down by someone who loved her and he would do the same for Michonne."

[​IMG]

6. Armte

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Michonne is a fucking Grimes. We finally know what her last name is......it is.....

MICHONNE fucking GRIMES!

*Sorry for the language in my excitement I turn into a sailor.

7. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Am I alive right now? All I know for certain is my hands are shaking. SHAKING. I don't know how I am typing this.akdfhklajsdhfaksdfamf.sfmdslksfnajkfn,adskfnaskldnfl!
    FFFFUUUUUCCKKKKKK!!!!

8. Armte

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You never even made it on the NO SPOILER WAGON and I love it.

Yes you are alive but in an alternative universe where we get everything we ever wanted. I was wondering where you were, glad you made it over ;)

9. thesamurai

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's a good thing I read spoilers cause I probably would have fainted when watching spoiler free.

The good lord is looking out for me bless

Shae32, BelasWyfoo, Chaos and 4 others like this.
  10. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm just imagining the reactions from all the TWD podcasters I listen to. A.Ron from Bald Move is gonna be pumped!

And I love how so many people warmed up to Richonne last episode and were like "Do we think it could happen now?" and this episode is saying "YES. YES, IT FUCKING COULD HAPPEN. IT JUST FUCKING DID."

TameFan, raramama, Madfossa and 7 others like this.
  11. thesamurai

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    MTE. I'm so, so happy for the other Richonners that don't read spoilers and are going to find out Sunday. They're going to be so thrilled :')

Shae32, raramama, Madfossa and 3 others like this.
  12. mrc110

mrc110 Watchtower Sniper
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I hope Rick got loads of condoms on the supply run because he is going to need it
    gif_4.gif

13. Massena1

Massena1 Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    The Carl/Michonne exchange.....finally we're getting Carl/Michonne again and it's perfect, like they're picking up from 4b. Grimes Family 2.0 is EVERYTHING.

14. thesamurai

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And to think Reed and Kang were our worst enemies

[​IMG]

15. Ship Verse

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?!!? omg

16. Allie Grimes

Allie Grimes Hiding in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I may or may not have fainted.

17. Ship Verse

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    they didnt even do the will they wont they...im just..

18. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thank you SO MUCH @Doctor Grimes. Put all together like this, it may be my favorite episode yet. Not only the Richonne going CANON bit and CARCHONNE but all the lightheartedness! I'm in love with Jesus already and just cannot wait to see this all play out before us.

Dreams do come true in the ZA after all.

19. Consigliere

Consigliere Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I will have so much fun w/ you guys tomorrow… I leave work early I will be home early to post w/ guys once I get my hair done… OMG I might not be able to breathe through TWD on Sunday….

Chaos, Bazooka Jane, LunaFall and 3 others like this.
  20. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm always late to the party with this west coast time zone! OMG Armte!!!!! I don't know if I want to laugh or cry or scream or...>!????LKJJ!!!!!!!

Armte and LunaFall like this.