1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers 6x11 "Knots Untie" Full Summary (TSDF)

Discussion in '6x11: Knots Untie' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Courtesy of TSDF and DayDream Machine!

Jesus tells the gang about the Hilltop Colony and hopes to establish diplomatic bonds between the communities for trading (he noticed that Alexandria runs low on food, but has a lot of armory). A group heads off with him to check it out. The group includes Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl and Abraham. On their way, they notice an overturned car at a gas station or something. Jesus says the car belongs to his community and he wants to check for survivors ("we don't have many fighters"). The others suspect that it might be a trap, check inside the station anyway and pick up 4 people alive and (more or less) well after killing some walkers. One of the saved guys, named Harlan, mentions later in the caravan that he's a doctor, specifically a gynecologist after he learns that Maggie is pregnant. Glenn doesn't seem very happy that the guy is possibly about to see his wife's vag.

They arrive at the Hilltop and the saved people help to establish some trust and get them in (the guards only have spears anyway, no guns, or more specifically no bullets left). They bring the gang to their leader Gregory, who immediately turns out to be an arrogant asshole who tells the group condescendingly to clean themselves up before they talk. Rick is already sick of him and tells Maggie to take care of the diplomacy. Maggie attempts to make a deal, trading food for armory and medicine, but Gregory isn't having any of it, is condescending again (he repeatedly calls her Natalie), demands that they work for the food and no deal is made.

Later, another Hilltop group returns from a trip, obviously decimated. Gregory wonders where the rest is and one of them, named Ethan, answers that they were killed by Negan and that he was ordered by the Saviors to send a message to his fellow hilltop folks, so that Negan leaves his brother Craig alive, who was captured. He proceeds to stab Gregory, which is the message. A fight ensues, Rick kills Ethan, Abraham is almost choked to death, everybody calms down again and Gregory is wounded but alive. Jesus explains that the Saviors are a group of violent marauders who regularly demand resources for the community's safety. Daryl mentions that they killed a bunch of the Saviors quite easily, proclaims that Negan is a bluffer and that they will take care of him. Later, Maggie has another talk with the recovering Gregory and turns the tables on him. She professes that her group knows how to deal with guys like the Saviors. She offers to save the captured guy and get rid of the Saviors, but demands half of the Hilltop's resources as a one-off. Gregory has no other choice than to agree.

There's a subplot involving Abraham throughout the episode where he apparently still struggles with his adrenaline addiction/PTSD/whatever and wonders if it's possible for him to settle down and have a family. He asks Glenn and Maggie, if they think it'll work out with the child (the answer is yes). Also, he obviously wonders which woman is the ideal partner to settle down. The episode begins with him and Sasha returning from patrolling, he's flirting with her, but she tells him that she changed her shift and Eugene will now be his partner. Later he's in bed with Rosita but thinks about Sasha. At the end of the episode, after he was almost choked to death, he apparently comes to the conclusion that settling down and raising a family in this world isn't an option for him.

The episode ends with another demand from Maggie. She demands a sonography (they have the devices at Hilltop) and the group looks at the pictures of the unborn child emotionally while driving back to Alexandria.
    Almost no goodies for Richonners after last episode. Rick and Carl have a quick talk about it and Carl's cool with it. Rick and Michonne briefly hold hands while driving. No sightings of Carol, Morgan, Tara, Eugene, Gabriel or the Alexandrians. Denise has a brief scene with Daryl where she gives him a self-made cake as traveling fare (Daryl: "I hope it tastes better than it looks. It looks like shit.").​

2. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    One of the saved guys mentions later in the caravan that he’s a doctor, specifically a gynecologist after he learns that Maggie is pregnant. Glenn doesn’t seem very happy that the guy is possibly about to see his wife’s vag.

Oh what the fuck ever, Glenn.

Almost no goodies for Richonners after last episode. Rick and Carl have a quick talk about it and Carl's cool with it. Rick and Michonne briefly hold hands while driving.

Excellent @ the Carl talk, and awwwww @ the hands thing. I wonder where Rick will be if he isn't dealing with Gregory much...in broom closet with Michonne probably.

Maggie heavy this week; I'm indifferent except for the fact that her frequent talks with Gregory is another sign of Glenn going bye-bye :/ . No Carol or Morgan AGAIN, interesting. Abraham sounds like a hot mess. Denise and Daryl's little friendship is giving me life!

#2 Bazooka Jane, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Shae32, raramama, Michele and 4 others like this.
  3. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gregory sounds perfectly slimy.

I'll take it. :D

Awww. :')

And Lord I CAN'T WAIT for the "What?"

4. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    ew @ the sasha/abraham stuff
    I'm glad rick tells carl before anyone else finds out. It'll probably be cute
    And im glad maggie's getting more to do :)

CrownRoyale and vinivre like this.
  5. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    This sounds like it will be a good episode for Maggie.

Though not gonna lie, I'm annoyed at no Carol again this week. Not even a throw away scene of Rick leaving her in charge of ASZ while they're gone? Ugh.

I see they're pairing people with Daryl again to get the audience to care about them before they die. Someone is going to die and Daryl is going to have man pain about it.

6. DaisyRey

DaisyRey This Is Different
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm looking forward to this episode.

So this pretty much confirms that Rick and Michonne are "all in" as far as their relationship. There's no pulling back, having doubts/fears, etc. Of course last week's episode made that pretty obvious. ;)

Glad that Rick talks to Carl.

Wondering where they're gonna go with Abraham.

raramama, Shae32, Michele and 6 others like this.
  7. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I feel like that person is Tara and I find it interesting that Daryl's man-pain about it would be through his new connection with Denise.

8. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Abe really is a hot mess. I like that it's Daryl's cockiness (dude you had a rocket launcher) that will land them in hot doo doo.

9. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I'm happy about this. I don't need Richonne pawing over each other every episode like some horny teenagers. To know they tell Carl almost immediately and have a mommy/daddy hand hold while driving makes me smile!

Kazuhira, Shae32, hightop and 21 others like this.
  10. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    • I am glad Sasha is pulling herself out of that mess... seriously...
    • Gregory sound perfectly asshole-ish and I'm surprised Daryl hadn't brought up Negan to Rick.
    • The Daryl/Denise friendship is totes adorbs
    • Super excited for more Maggie (about freaking time)... also, this is making me lean back toward Glenn getting the bat... (this is pissing me off, tbh)
    • After the embarrassment of riches we got last week, I'll take the handhold and talking with Carl (super excited for that bit)
    • needs more Aaron (lol... jk... I love Aaron, though...)

11. LunaFall

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ooh, what if someone from Hilltop tells Negan about the archer's involvement in Negan's missing men?

12. birdnmouse

birdnmouse Guest

My head canon: Rick passed on dealing with Gregory and Michonne didn't try to talk him out of it because cleaning up together sounded way more fun. I kid, I kid. But really, I thought we'd be seeing Michonne get some formal co-leader nods, so I was surprised to see Maggie take the lead. I'm interested in seeing the dynamics during this conversation.

Maggie is getting Rick's first dealings with Gregory from the GN pretty much verbatim. I like that they're planting the seeds this early on because it never felt like an smooth transition to me in the GN. Good for Maggie, prob not good for Glenn. :( Team Fam looking at the ultrasound photos is going to kill me. I wonder if this is when Richonne holds hands.

The Abe thing just gets stranger and stranger. I'll have to see how it plays out. Poor Rosita, though. She really stepped up during No Way Out and found some inner strength. It's sad that he doesn't see that...or maybe he does in the past few weeks.

13. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's really not making sense to me that we're again not seeing Morgan and Carol this week after the crap with them, what're you waiting for Gimple?

#13 Clutterbuck, Feb 24, 2016
  14. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I don't like how Daryl is making it seem like the saviors are basically a bunch of bitches. Sasha and Abe almost DIED during that encounter with the saviors. Daryl had a rpg. They won that battle by luck, thanks to Abe for finding the rpg.

15. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :mad: Donzie I swear to god if your cockiness is the reason my dumpster angel gets killed...

16. LunaFall

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If Daryl's cockiness is the reason Glenn dies, I'll be royally upset.

17. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    It's probably to avoid showing AM as much since she's pregnant.

Though the Caryl shipper in me thinks his time talking to Denise about her relationship with Tara will push him and Carol to take their relationship to the next level.

I'm trash.

felicity79 and LunaFall like this.
  18. LunaFall

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This too, I have issue with. maybe we see them in ep 12?
    I mean, they have to go back to this storyline at some point, right? I don't see how they can just drop this...

CrownRoyale and Clutterbuck like this.
  19. Chaos

Chaos Richonne 2KForever
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It honestly sounds like they're setting Daryl up to be a catalyst for something bad to happen. I suspect manpain but I also think it may lead to a death of someone seriously important, probably Glenn, unfortunately.

Michele and Bazooka Jane like this.
  20. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Sounds like a great episode.

I will be honest, it feels like I have been waiting....
    [​IMG]

For the official spoiler breakdown to include Richonne spoilers. Thank you daydream for sharing with us even the smallest Richonne nugget. I love that they tell Carl immediately, there will be no drama.....Rick and Michonne were all in, which you could tell from the kiss and how they were found in bed.

Abe - now we know why in the preview video it seemed like Sasha was pulling away. Abe is still with Rosita and Sasha is too honorable a woman to cheat. If Abe decides you can't have family then that means he has made some sort of decision about the women in his life......but which one?

#20 Armte, Feb 24, 2016