1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers 6x13 Spoilers & Speculation

Discussion in '6x13: The Same Boat' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So not much was known about this episode until the pieces came together that Alicia Witt would be playing Mary or Polly (two characters cast for this episode) -- and SFX published an article that was written when a reporter came to the set in October (around the time episode 13 was filmed). The writer describes a scene where Maggie and Carol are kidnapped by Saviors; here's an excerpt written from the magazine article:

"It’s a warm October evening in the small town of Senoia, Georgia. The smell of Citronella fills the air as two women - Maggie Greene and Carol Peletier – argue over the fate of a man lying in a forest clearing. Maggie points a gun to his head while Carol tells her to stop. “Not till it’s done,” says Maggie, her teeth clenched.

Suddenly two other women, a red head and a brunette, - run out of the woods. “Stop or she’s dead,” cries the red head, aiming her rifle at Carol. “Guns. Knives. On the ground right now,” she adds.

“Nice shirt,” says the brunette, eyeing Maggie. “You can take it off her when she’s dead,” says the redhead."​

Source: The Spoiling Dead Fans

2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Interesting, it looks like Maggie wants to kill the man while Carol wants to spare him. I'm curious to see what brings about the change in views for both these characters.​

3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I found that intriguing as well. I know the writers have said the end of the MSP will catapult the characters in new directions, so perhaps some of Morgan's zen philosophy has rubbed off on Carol after all -- I just hope not too much. But it should shake-up Carol's character. It'll be interesting to see her wrestle with new ideas.

4. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And what causes Maggie to want to full out kill him. While Maggie isn't exactly a pacifist her need to kill isn't for juvenile stuff either. So he must have done something bad.

5. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    These episodes really are gonna be a thrillride if we'll already be at this point in 6x13. It feels like a million things will need to happen to get us to this point alone, nevermind the three episodes left after it, haha.

Here's what The Spoiling Dead Fans' spoiler journal has to say about who was spotted during the 6x13 filming span...
    So it's likely something major is going down in this episode, from all the studio filming involved. I can't imagine who else it could or even would be, since Abraham, Rosita, Daryl, Rick, and Glenn are all seen after 6x13. Tara is last seen in 6x14 too, darn. Could be Enid too I guess but since the Gleggie adoption theory is basically speculation at this point, I'm less confident.

#5 Mousey, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  6. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I've been sensing Carol's transformation for a while so I'm not shocked at that bit, I'm actually glad they're taking her to a place where she can hopefully find that balance. Maggie, on the other hand, is a bit surprising. Who's this man she wants to kill? A saviour? If so I'd understand her push to just end him but if not it would certainly be something I wouldn't expect from her. So far her philosophies have been pretty closely aligned with Glenn's.

7. vaberella

vaberella Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Morgan?

8. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel like it'd have to be something extremely personal for Maggie to react that way because I can't imagine her being so hellbent on offing some random they ran across or someone who stole their loot or something.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  9. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    omg I am so glad Maggie and Carol are finally interacting together. I've waited four seasons and now it's finally here!

10. Massena1

Massena1 Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I have been so lost as to how or why Carol and Maggie get kidnapped. After seeing someone post a bit about 612 from TVGuide, I'm wondering if it is from a scouting trip that Aaron leads that goes bad.

[​IMG]

birdnmouse and Doctor Grimes like this.
  11. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is fantastic, thank you @Massena1! Finally! Aaron is going to get a chance to shine, this should be good. Also, it's very possible these two events are linked -- Aaron's scouting party and the kidnappings. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Also I might go ahead and start the thread for 6x12 with this nugget.

(Also, can I just say what a relief it is now to scour every little spoiler article for hints of Richonne now? Oh man it's like lead weights have been removed from my ankles lol)

TameFan, Bazooka Jane and Massena1 like this.
  12. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Maggie's attitude here is interesting given the 6x11 spoilers put her as one of the people pushing to go at it with The Saviors. Perhaps she gets really into taking them down, which will further underline her culpability in Negan coming a-swinging.

cakebythepound likes this.
  13. cakebythepound

cakebythepound In Formation
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The idea of Maggie and Carol interacting is damn near as exciting as Richonne, considering I've been waiting for it just as long, lol. Now if we can just add Michonne into this mix.

I'm also really happy that Maggie seems to be getting a bigger role this half-season. Although, if Glenn is gonna go, I wish he was getting more to do. I know that would be, like, obvious foreshadowing, but he's an original character. He should get a swan song.

14. UltraCrii

UltraCrii Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Is this before or after Michonne and Glenn are taken? If they are kidnapped, that could be what causes the snap for Maggie, and Carol could be hoping to get information from him?

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This episode happens before. Michonne and Glenn get kidnapped in 615.

Michele likes this.
  16. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I think it sucks that Glenn's final season on this show will only be remembered for two things, the fakeout death and the Lucille death. The latter is a given, of course, but based on what we know so far I don't get the sense that Glenn will have anything of great significance to do in these final episodes. Glenn deserves better...SY deserves better.

sleepywitchysamurai and vinivre like this.
  17. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    So is everyone getting kidnapped this season??? Lol

18. LunaFall

LunaFall Nabila went all Hershel on us
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The Saviors love surprising people. :p

tuswig likes this.
  19. Kordas

Kordas Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'd like to see Rick kidnapped for once. And then Alexandria rallies to save him.

Appetence, LunaFall and Doctor Grimes like this.
  20. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'd like this too because there's a chance it would be a bound and gagged Rick scene. :rolleyes:

(lol you knew I'd go there)

In all seriousness, the show needs to stop with kidnapping plots. At least table it for a season.

DaisyRey likes this.