1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

7x07 "Sing Me a Song" Q&A Part 2 [TSDF]

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Kordas, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

What Michonne is doing doesn't have anything to do with why those two get killed. It actually is Rosita's fault if you want to place blame.

2. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I have no idea what happens with Olivia but Spencer definitely has nobody but himself to blame

3. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Just speculating! We will see how everything plays out sunday. I guess I missed the part that directly put Rosita in the position of fault. I genuinely don't recall reading that.

4. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    RD hinted that one of the deaths is connected to that bullet, Idk how it plays out either but I know Carl and Michonne don't have anything to do with that bullet and the other death is that person's fault.

5. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Id like to clarify my stance on this. Under no circumstances do I think Michonne is trying to kill Negan (idk if I made people think that or nah) but I think anything that could risk Michonne getting caught and killed is unnecessary in the sense that if she were killed it would ultimately destroy Rick and Carl. Ultimately I personally do not think Michonne is thinking like that. She just wants intel, regardless of possible consequences, and THAT is what annoys me. Yall know Im generally #teammichonne/ Richonne/ DG. But I didnt like the arc wit the Gov and I def dnt like it now, and that's just how I feel.

W/ all that said, Im so ready to see how this all plays out and what actually ends up happening vs. what we speculate is happening. No matter how it happens, Im still going to always disagree wit Michonne leaving ASZ. *Kanye shrug*

#105 idcabtthisish, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You speak the truth Slade, thank you! Michonne is working through her grief and anger and fear by reverting back to her base self, someone who takes action and does it on her own. And I love what you stated about the mains spending too much time away from each other to allow the viewers see them grieve. It makes their individual actions seem more foolish and disjointed as a result. I thing Gimple got too ambitious this half season with the different communities and he's denying the audience the opportunity to connect with what our characters are going through.

Once again, chess pieces are moving from space to space but we have limited information as to why.

I'm fairly certain Olivia's death is going to be one of the catalysts. Rick's frantic searching for the guns to save her life as well as Michonne ordering Carl to be nice to her are ways to connect Olivia to the mains and I think the fallout of her death is the reason why they made those connections.

Agreed. As a huge Michonne fan, I'm thrilled with this mission because it makes Michonne human and imperfect which is a direct response to haters who have accused her of being boring because she has no faults. I LOVE that we're seeing hints of her former self to remind us just exactly what makes Michonne such a freaking badass.

A badass who indeed has been tempered by the family she now loves and wants very much to keep safe. So she's out there doing recon, trying to do SOMETHING because it's not in her nature, AT ALL, to be passive.

7. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Negan orders Arat to kill someone and it happens to be her

8. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh, Lawd! Will somebody kill that dude already! I just can't with him rummaging all through Grimes Family 2.0 home, and now he's going to be holding Judith? I guess they couldn't let Rick or Michonne see that because then it would be on like Donkey Kong and let the chips fall where they may. That would be the last straw for either of them. I wonder who's going to tell them, though:omgno::yell:

9. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also thought the original spoiler indicated Olivia wasn't necessarily Arat's target? Arat fires the gun and the bullet hits Olivia?

Great point about Olivia, @MamaGrimes. I hadn't connected Rick's and Michonne's concern for Olivia in that way. I'm so glad you agree the group's individual reactions seem foolish as a result of not seeing enough of them together as they grieve. I initially felt pure annoyance toward Rosita and her anger, but reading the speculation about Michonne's possible actions makes me enjoy Rosita's grief contrasted with Michonne's grief, contrasted with Carl's grief, and so on.

Watching Rick, Michonne, Carl, Rosita, Eugene, Spencer, Maggie and Sasha handle their grief and anger in the same place, in the same episode (or back-to-back episodes) would be amazing and would also have a greater impact on us. We'd still have our disagreements, but I think it would make things more interesting. I don't mention Aaron because he doesn't seem to be having any reaction - maybe his gentle support of Rick is a reaction? Maybe we will see more of how Aaron's dealing with it on Sunday if they talk? And I added Spencer because he is having a big reaction, even though he wasn't in the line up.

10. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Exactly. And I know it might be kind of touchy, and I haven't gotten all the way through this thread, so I don't know if anyone else has talked about it, but Michonne is a WOC, a dark-skinned WOC, and Negan has made them essentially his slaves, this white man with a bat. Um, no, that's not going to go over well with her, even more so than any others of TF except maybe Sasha. That's a whole other level of subjugation for her. That's just not her. It's not Rick either, but it really isn't Michonne. She's going to try, but I can just see that sticking in her craw and her trying to come up with a plan or die trying:mad: Oh, Lawd! Yeah, that kiss, though, was telling him a whole bunch of things which included I love you, but if I don't make it back:0

Rick is going to be fit to be tied with Michonne and Carl going off the reservation, but I think they'll all be on the same page again by Episode 8.

Michele, RixChix, Marcie69 and 4 others like this.
  11. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    GREAT point abt Aaron-- what IS he thinking?! He seems like the only one who's acting logical- even down to him trying to tell Eric that it wasnt the time or place to question Rick (in the church). So we know Eric's angry (at least angrier than Aaron). Maybe we'll get some insight in this ep. (Then again, according to the summary him and Rick and Michonne arent even in the episode).

12. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    All I keep hearing in my mind after reading that last line about Negan with Judith is...
    [​IMG]

Marcie69, MrsG and Rhona like this.
  13. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

per RD "Negan told her to pick someone and shoot them. Happened to be Olivia. Plain and simple." Not sure what was said initially but that is his latest post about it

slade3 and Marcie69 like this.
  14. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Now I want Michonne to kill that bitch Arat:rant::rant::rant:

15. Marcie69

Marcie69 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I was just thinking that. Like, even if she forces that chick to drive her to the Saviors's compound, Negan will be in ASZ, Daryl probably will have escaped by then, etc.

#115 Marcie69, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    MrsG likes this.
  16. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Like mother, like son.

Marcie69 and zahira like this.
  17. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Great point about Olivia, I definitely think both deaths will have an impact. Rick promised Deanna that he would look out for Spencer and Michonne also felt a responsibility towards him in 6x10. His death will weigh on both of them I'm sure.

18. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think it will prove that no matter what people will still die, and Rick can't stop that so they might as well figure out a way to fight back. Most of Rick's reluctance to fight back is because he doesn't want to lose anyone else so two more deaths might make him realize the losses won't stop whether they fight or not.

19. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Omg, wth did I just read!!! Sigh, I am really starting to not want to be on this forum anymore

20. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Co-sign this!! :rant: I NEED Michonne to end this chick. Honestly....Negan and his band of morons need to be done away with