1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

7x07 "Sing Me a Song" Q&A Part 2 [TSDF]

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Kordas, Nov 30, 2016.

1. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, thinking more about it, if she wasn't expecting to make it back, she would have given Carl a hug and kiss as well just as she did before she went to go help Rick fight the herd in NWO. That wouldn't be the last thing that she would want him to remember her by change your bandage and be nice to Olivia. She's doing her own recon to see if it's even possible for them to gain some kind of advantage.

2. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's why I said it was touchy. This was one of the main reasons that many didn't believe that Michonne would get the bat was because of the whole optics thing. Negan even points this out in the comics as well as to why he wouldn't want to kill Michonne is so that he wouldn't be seen as racist, although he did still kill Glenn, so go figure. So I don't think it's too off the mark as to why this wouldn't figure into the rest of the storyline in some way, and I could be totally wrong. You don't have to feel the same way or leave because you don't agree. Just ignore and keep it moving as I've done many times with thoughts and opinions that I don't necessarily agree with *shrugs*

3. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I feel the same.

I may not agree 100% with everything she does (she's not perfect) but I can still point out what she does wrong, but I still ain't throwing her to the wolves. I'll just wait and see what happens too.

#123 box5angel, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

Believe it or not walkingirl126, I thought about the EXACT same thing with Michonne from the historical context of slavery. Absolutely, this thought crossed my mind and her reaction to Negan in this regard would be realistic!! As a BW myself, hells yes, being under Negans thumb and essentially a slave for him, HAS to bring up some kind of feels from Michonne, a strong and proud BW who bows to no one. You don't strip that aspect of yourself just because it's the ZA. Add to it, TWD takes place in the south. Coincidental? I think not. I made this legitimate observation about Negan and the LV as well. This concept is no different, IMO. People tend to want to forget that Michonne IS a BW, but having her and her family be under Negans rule will not do for her, hence why she is going out on her retcon mission. I can totally see this with her. I may be off base, but I could understand her if she did feel some kind of way about the Negan situation being very similar to slavery. *Kanye shrug*.

As far a Carl is concerned , yes he is being reckless. Unlike Michonne who was strategic in her pursuit of the govenor, who can deal with being on her own, surving and understanding the complexities of adults, and how things arent so black and white, who "thinks" things through is different than an impetuous teen who thinks nothing of the consequences of his actions. Carl is built on emotion while Michonne is built on more pragmatism. Are their goals the same? Perhaps. It's how they go about those goals that makes the difference for me. Michonne is emotionally reeling like Carl is regarding Glenn/Abe deaths and being under Negans rule. Yes, she is reverting to S3 Michonne to a degree. But I doubt she would just show up at the Savior component unnounced and try to kill Negan. She knows he would retaliate against them. That would be too risky. No, she wants intel on how many compounds, how many men, how many communities are under Negans vice. Strategic thinking. She told Carl she had some things to think and work through when she left. In her mind she HAS to know if Ricks way is the only way or if there is a way for a better plan to come about and beat Negan. I believe Carl just went willy nilly without thinking anything through which is why I am harder on him, than that of Michonne. And Carls way leads Negan right back to AZ, where he gets the Grimes 2.0 open house tour and holds Judith. Not good thinking or planning, IMO. No strategy involved what so ever. All emotion and anger, which gets you or others killed. And Michonne has always fought for herself and TF, like she told Rick, "everything we have is through fighting." This is no different, and she woukd NOT be Michonne if she stayed put like a good little woman. This is not in her fighting/survivalist nature. I look foward to see what she does and the potential fall-out if any. Like I stated before, I love my characters flawed.

#124 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 1, 2016
  5. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    My hope is that after this little adventure of his that caused Negan to bring him back, to take a tour of their house, to hold his baby sister that Carl would try to understand his father in this situation. I get that he is a teen but still, he really needs to start thinking about the consequences of his actions, just the day before his actions caused them to lose all their guns, maybe they were going to lose them anyway but still that stunt he pulled did not help. Now this tyrant is saying that he just might go ahead and kill his father and him to get the life that Rick has that includes baby Judith. I seem to recall that was the reason that Carl did not want to go with Rick to take care of Judith.

6. Marcie69

Marcie69 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Considering how hard he fought to save Olivia in 7.04 I can totally see this being the breaking point. Plus, Olivia is kind of an innocent.

7. Delightfully Thomi

Delightfully Thomi Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really was thinking along these lines when I saw what happens to Carl! My first thought was "well now he will have a better understanding and respect for what his father is going through and stop acting like he can do better"!

8. Marcie69

Marcie69 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Now Michonne, Jesus, and Carl (and Daryl) will have some good intel on The Sanctuary :)

9. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:

#129 Atributetoorange, Dec 1, 2016
  10. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I am turned off now too I will have to have my caption working overtime as I mute his scenes. so episode 7 and 8 is Negan heavy, who would have fucking guessed it.

All I can say the show should know by now that the LOVE for Rick aint going anywhere. a matter of fact all this Negan has only showed that this show would be zero without Rick Grimes.

Marcie69, MamaGrimes, Gekari and 2 others like this.
  11. Buttons&Applesauce

Buttons&Applesauce Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Who gets ironed? Someone we've met already, or a rando Savior?

Looking forward to this episode, especially Michonne and Rick/Aaron. Hoping the walker clearing will provide a chance for Aaron to go into beast mode. Because beast mode Aaron is my favorite Aaron. :lol::aaron:
    I hope the Negan speechifying is kept to a minimum, but I'm not optimistic.

Marcie69, MamaGrimes and Gekari like this.
  12. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :lol::lol::lol:

Marcie69 likes this.
  13. Katana

Katana Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Hopefully I picked the right option for posting YouTube vid.

14. Gekari

Gekari Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Rosita is in full Holly mode imo.

15. candi18z

candi18z Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I want Negan dead!

I hope that Judith takes a dump on Negan's jacket.

16. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for posting, @Katana.

Eugene's line was interesting: "We come across a haystack, 4 POVs could draw out whatever we're looking for..." I don't think it means anything, but the use of "4 POVs" reminded me of the 4 POVs from the s6 finale. One of those POVs ended up being a Lucille victim, as many had speculated.

17. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, and now they can all get together and share and make a plan. It'll still take some time, but at least they'll have some hope and the foundation to actually do something about their predicament together instead of everyone off doing their own thing.

18. RixChix

RixChix Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Even though it seems that the writers don't necessarily give any nod or indication of color or history in regards to actual events (i.e. slavery), it is so apparent that Michonne's perspective of how un-palatable Negan's rule over them is colored by her own experience and understanding of of the history of POC in America. Not to read too much into it, but yeah, a dark skinned black american woman is NOT gonna be down with that in any way. And she's a warrior, as she said, everything they have they got it by fighting, so why would they stop doing that now? Even though Rick is also a warrior, I don't think that the writers made Michonne's response to Negan so strong in action and emotion on accident.

Marcie69, Michele, MamaGrimes and 4 others like this.
  19. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Spencer must've raided his brother Aidan's collection of Member's Only jackets to find the most Negan-esque one :lol:

20. Michele

Michele Code Poet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Interesting Q&A.

Michonne clearly do not intend to sneak into the sanctuary on a one woman army (suicide) mission. She's way more level headed than that.
    I also don't think that Michonne is the back to being s3/s4 Michonne, is she still a loner ? yes! But like she said herself Andrea, Carl and Rick brought her back and she is not about to go on alone once again. What she is doing she is doing it for all of them not just for her.
    I can't believe that some compare Carl and Michonne's actions to be honest. Enid told him that what he is doing he is doing it for himself just like what Daryl did last season.
    I truly believe that by the end of 7x08 all of them especially Gimes 2.0 will be on the same page.

I hope 7B is structured differently but I won't hold my breath.