1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

7x08 "Hearts Still Beating" Q&A PART 2 (TSDF)

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Ashley, Dec 7, 2016.

1. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    What was the effing point in having michonne off on her own for 3 WHOLE EPISODES if that's all the payoff we were gonna get? Can they really not think of a better storyline for her?! These writers need firing ffs. They could have had her meet the saviour woman back in 7x05, then meet up with Rick and Aaron in 7x07. Or she could have been at Alexandria when Negan arrived with Carl; can you imagine how that could have played out?! Would have been intense! Instead we get this half-arsed storyline just to keep her away from ASZ (and Negan) for what fucking purpose?! This better become clear in 7b!

2. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it will play out in 7b in some way. Don't know how, but there are usually not too many coincidences in TWD, and SG loves to leave breadcrumbs and foreshadows.

Dobbying, epiath and Marcie69 like this.
  3. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was just starting to really enjoy Olivia! I would rather Rosita die at this point.

I'm gonna miss Olivia reminiscing about beef jerky and opening the pantry. I like that she seems like a real person that works in your office and now that she has a little spunk they are gonna kill her off. Its getting real obvious that TWD doesn't like full figured characters. Morales, Otis, Tyreese, Denise and now Olivia. Its a disturbing trend.

Tisha Grimes and epiath like this.
  4. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That means my character would have been killed off too. Bomber.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  5. Cultist

Cultist Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    There was nothing that indicated a bias against full-figured people when they sent off Morales and killed off Tyreese and Denise. It's a disturbing trend only when you force it to be.

laisla, watermelonsmiles and Katana like this.
  6. sharky

sharky Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Narrative progression in general is the biggest flaw of 7A. Everyone and everything is moving at a sluggish pace. IA it would have also brought Carl/Negan/Judith scene full circle to at least have Michonne's reaction to it if we couldn't have had Rick's.

coolhotsweetlove likes this.
  7. ReeciePiecey

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I wasn't really being serious about the trend but I do like Olivia and would prefer to see more of her.

Consigliere and Atributetoorange like this.
  8. toytoy

toytoy Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Don't forget about fat Joey

laisla and ReeciePiecey like this.
  9. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I like Olivia too but she is a minor character. Rosita's arc is not over so it would not make sense to kill her off yet.

Dobbying likes this.
  10. ReeciePiecey

Patron

Walker Pets:
    @Bailey88 I would prefer to see more of Olivia than Rosita, arc be damned. For me, Rosita's "arc" isn't that compelling and its nothing that we cant get from another character like say Sasha? We already have an angry hot head out looking for revenge in Carl.

11. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Even so called "good" people have preconceived notions about homosexuals. Rick volunteered to allow Aaron to get behind him going to the houseboat. Aaron knew what he was implying, and called him on it. No one on this site that I have seen has called him on it. Because Ricks on our side and the leading man and mostly a good guy he gets no criticism for a blatantly homophobic belief. I bet if Michonne was there she would have given Rick the side eye and called him on that shit later. It's not just the Saviors/bad people who have taken old antiquated beliefs forward into the New World. Good people have to call good people out when they say/do/believe stereotypical BS and educate them or things will never change.

12. Philly Girl

Walker Pets:
    Hell this kind of evil exists now in our reality. Racism and homophobia will be around as long as the world exists. After last month it will just get worse. We're living in scary times, buckle up.

laisla likes this.
  13. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I hope you didn't take my comment as disrespect. I understand where you are coming from and you have every right to feel the way you do. I agree Rosita is a hot head but I do see potential in her. I think her story will become more interesting in 7b and possibly season 8. Up until this point Rosita has been in the background since season 5 so she really hasn't gotten a chance to shine. She does make a mistake that gets Olivia killed but we don't know what happens before that. Maybe Negan does something to provoke her.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  14. Philly Girl

Walker Pets:
    Damn, I never noticed that.

15. Katana

Katana Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    When was this implied?

laisla and Gekari like this.
  16. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I read that exchange completely different than your interpretation. Rick is selfless by nature. He willingly risks his safety so others don't have to. During the clearing of the prison he says, "...I'll run for the gate." He refused to let someone else from TF jeopardize themselves. The exchange with Michonne on going to rescue Carol and Beth is another example. He wouldn't dream of having Michonne out there if he could help it. There are tons of examples where Rick puts himself in danger so his family doesn't have to. Rick is a good person and has a pure heart for all of his people. Rick offering Aaron to sit this part of the mission out solidified his importance to Rick for me...he's one of us.

17. ReeciePiecey

Patron

Walker Pets:
    No worries! I understand where you're coming from, we all find different characters intriguing. I may even like Rosita in the future but right now Olivia seems more like a real person to me and that's unfortunate because Rosita has been around for a longer. I think I'm annoyed because of Rosita was less classically attractive she would have been gone by now.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  18. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes. Rick wasn't going to force Aaron to put himself at risk(he hasn't been out with Aaron one on one before, it's not like he's out with Daryl) he was giving him a choice, and Aaron's "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that" was him shooting that option down and making his choice to stick with Rick despite the risk.

19. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Exactly. XD

20. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Of course she did... who would want a baby with Negan.

mellowalkerstalker and anya7890 like this.