1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words. [possible spoilers]

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Appetence, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Or so they say.

Based on what is suspected to take place in (at least) the first half of the season, I wonder if this photo from way back in season 4 was foreshadowing....

[​IMG]

I always thought it was an odd choice to have Carl facing the opposite direction as Rick and Michonne, looking like he is walking away from them. To boot, he's got his bags packed and looks like he's getting the heck outta Dodge.

Michonne seems to look a little forlorn or pensive as she looks down. Rick is looking ahead, so to speak.

Has anyone else thought something similar based on this photo? Gimple likes to plan stuff way ahead, so I wonder if this was one of those instances where he was dropping a little something relating to the future dynamic between the Grimes family, specifically the relationship between Carl and his father.....

Was this intentional or did someone just forget to tell Chandler where the camera was?

Thoughts?????

Feel free to include spoilers when indicated.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  2. Appetence

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'd like to think Gimple and tptb have a plan.

Based on filming spoilers and speculation from the brilliant and dedicated minds here at TITTD, it appears that the young Mr. Grimes gets a bit rebellious in the aftermath of the LV and wants to get to Negan. I'm excited to see Chandler bring these scenes to life! It appears the kid finally gets something to do :yay:

Being the Richonne trash I am, I am incredibly curious how Carl's behavior will be influenced by Rick and Michonne's perspectives on how Negan should be handled. If we look at the picture above and relate it to how season 7 appears to go down, Michonne may be stuck in the middle. I'm curious if Carl will confide in her or share with her any part of his desire to go after Negan and take him out or if he is going to keep it to himself, figuring that Michonne would side with Rick.

Just spit-ballin' here.....

If Carl was to share any part of his intentions with Michonne I wonder if she would immediately go to Rick and tell him or keep it close to the vest, seeing as she knows something needs to be done about Negan, but Rick is too broken to do anything in the beginning of the season. If Carl does tell her and she agrees to letting him go check things out and Rick finds out....Rick would probably be furious.

Would Michonne "allow" Carl to do something like that? We know Michonne puts Carl's safety first, but given his father is an a "funk" to say the least, and Carl is growing up, maybe she would let him do a little recon without immediately telling Rick??

Caught in the middle, indeed.

Edit:

AHHHH!!!

I just thought of something else. In the train track scene, after Michonne and Carl's game, Carl wins the last Big Kat. He then breaks off a piece and offers it to Michonne with this comment:

"We always share."

It likely just means that they always shared candy bars and we just never saw this happen on screen, or maybe it was more foreshadowing. Maybe Carl shares his plan with Michonne and Michonne promises to keep it between them??

Or I'm reaching. I'm probably reaching :lol:

#2 Appetence, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  3. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You rang? :flirt:

I have a hard time imagining Michonne being okay with Carl running off after the Saviors...I suspect he'll get an ass-whooping from the parents when he gets back lmao. But she might see his point - that they need to take a stand against Negan - and will probably be the one to bridge a potential rift between Rick and Carl.

The "we always share line" is interesting - maybe Carl not sharing his plans will upset Michonne. Or maybe they will share something else later. Or maybe it doesn't have any hidden meaning lol.

4. Appetence

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have a hard time imagining it, too. BUT....

The only thing is that Rick is going to be low on warriors in ASZ now. Carl is a survivor and smart. If his plan is to simply gather intel and he has a well thought out plan, perhaps she might see there is no other option? They need more info about the saviors and how are they supposed to get it unless someone does some covert shit? Who would be the one to do it?

Aaron will be helping Rick out and he isn't someone I'd imagine would be the secret mission type.
    Rosita seems to have been filming with Rick, so not her.
    Sasha and Maggie at Hilltop
    Eugene? No.
    Spencer? No.
    Michonne has some mission of her own at one point (ep 5 I think?)

I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility. Michonne respects Carl and would probably initially be screaming internally "No!!!" but, if his plan makes sense and sounds safe, she might hear him out.

idk, maybe?

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  5. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:

Gimple's writing is full of symbolism, He leaves clues in the dialogue and in the imagery as to where the storylines are headed. So it is possible that there is a clue in the Grimes 2.0 season 4 picture.

If Carl goes rogue he won't tell Rick or Michonne, because they would never approve of him going after Negan's men. Carl will confront the saviors on his own, because there is no way that Michonne would let Carl go after The Saviors on his own nor would she keep something that huge from Rick. If Carol were at ASZ and found out about Carl's plan she would keep it from Rick and probably assist him. Michonne would never agree to Carl's plan. She would go after Negan herself before she would allow Carl to put himself in danger.

richonnelove and MrsG like this.