1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta A Tale of two Sermons

Discussion in '7x04: Service' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    When he talked the community into accepting attacking the Savoirs he was pictured centered and high (on the cross).

[​IMG]
    Standing on the right...he was in the right.(Or at least he thought.

[​IMG]

In the new rockstars analysis they point out that Rick In this scene walks backwards. He is literally taking back his words from before. He is also pictured now to the left of the cross and even facing towards the jagged hard walls. Rick has to convince this community that he personally whipped into warriors NOT to fight. They know what they are capable of and all were prepared to fight just three days earlier.

Rick abdicates as leader. At this point I really think he believes it himself, as he can not bear one more death (Olivia) on his conscious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But then...

Eric: Say we find the guns.
    How are we gonna get out of this, Rick?
    Rick: There is no way out of this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is when Rick realised that the leadership of ASZ will always be his cross to bear and he is centered again perfectly aligned with his tasks ahead. He is not as elevated (no longer high and mighty) as the first sermon he talks to everyone on the same level.

#1 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    C-Ben, box5angel, Denie39 and 3 others like this.
  2. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That new rockstars video was pretty good. I usually can't watch those you tube vids because they are so way off and when you know the spoilers it's not fun to watch but I enjoyed his.

winter likes this.