1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

After

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Armte, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Discussion for 4.9 begins here.
    With the prison overrun, Rick and Carl find themselves on the road looking for shelter. Meanwhile, Michonne is haunted by memories of the past.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Armte, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    richonnebaby likes this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm watching this on the marathon right now and it reminds me just how much I love this episode. It's such a shame it's really the only Carl-centric episode there is.

Also Michonne's emotional journey is this destroys me. Her dream? The scene where she chooses to fight in the woods? Finding Carl and Rick? (*pained noises*)

3. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Watching the marathon as well and that peephole scene is a heart tugger every time. I remember being so happy and sad at the same time. Rick's reaction was perfect but I wanted to see their actual reunion. You can't tell me they didn't all hug it out.

tuswig and Doctor Grimes like this.
  4. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin Richonne's turning me into an emotional sap...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I loved that this episode showcased Danai's talent. I want more episodes like this one.

box5angel likes this.
  5. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is very high on my list of favorite episodes, I love it so much. I cried with Carl when he thought that Rick might have died. I cried finding out about Andre in her dream. I cried when Michonne found Rick and Carl.

zombie_ronin and box5angel like this.
  6. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    After is one of my favorite episodes. I'm watching it again now, and I just noticed something.

In Michonne's weird dream/nightmare when she's holding Andre, and Terry and Mike are at the table, did anyone notice anything that was on the table?

I noticed even before Michonne slides that plate of food on the table. Three marijuana plants are in glass globes. You can see the tops of the plants right in front of Mike in a close up. In the far shot, you can clearly see that's what they are. Interesting because we know Mike and Terry got high and that's what caused their deaths and Andre's death.

Or maybe they're just mini cactus plants. :lol:

7. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin Richonne's turning me into an emotional sap...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know this show is all about symbolism so I'll have to go back and watch that scene.

When Michonne mentioned that Mike and Terry had gotten high (which lead to the neglect and death of Andre) I had assumed the drugs they had taken were the harder stuff... like cocaine, heroin or some prescription drug like oxycodone. Not marijuana.

ETA: Okay after seeing the scene a few times I am convinced it's a succulent. It looks like aloe vera or something similar looking to me.

Also I wanted to saw how amazing her dream sequence/flashback was. DG said that Michonne remained oblivious to what was going on with Mike and Terry (them transitioning from happy friends discussing art to scared men in the ZA) because on a subconscious level Michonne was still avoiding/running away what had happened to them and Andre... until the end of the dream.

#7 zombie_ronin, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    box5angel likes this.
  8. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    That's what I was thinking with the symbolism too. Oh, well, thanks for going back and clearing that up.

I never really thought of what kind of drugs it was before to tell you the truth but it probably was something harder than marijuana.

That was a great scene. One of the best in the show.