1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Alanna's Post To Internet Trolls and Cowards

Discussion in 'Tara / Alanna Masterson' started by box5angel, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    My thoughts exactly. What is wrong with people? They need some serious home trainin'! So people are having issues because of her ta-tas? Uhh...some women have big ta-tas. And?

2. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Would love to see what these people look like who are talking shit about her. Everyone's so comfortable to be an asshole behind their computer screen. Anonymity and low self esteem make for a sad and pathetic combination.

vicarious70, Denie39, slade3 and 4 others like this.
  3. Delightfully Thomi

Delightfully Thomi Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was about to say this ^! If anyone were to go into the live viewing thread of this episode on this website and read all of the post no one, I mean no one said anything negative about AM's weight! She's not the worlds greatest actress but no one can say that she not pretty no matter what size she is! Who criticizes a women for having nice size boobs? Sheesh! I despise the humans!

FLNatural and Katbird like this.
  4. 21melpomene

21melpomene Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I love having a curvy woman on TWD to represent for all of us who aren't a size 2. A post like this just reinforces AM is the right curvy woman to do just that.

5. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Alanna is adorable. While I hate that this was another bottle epsiode I ended up liking Tara more after this. It's a shame that as soon as her character gets some shine the actress had to deal with bs.

Denie39, Minty, Katbird and 1 other person like this.
  6. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glad she stuck up for herself. Just because its part of being in the spotlight, doesn’t mean everyone can take it all the time. Sometimes even those with thick skin get tired of the insults and trolling comments so bravo, Alaana!

Also as a mom that breastfed all three of mine, I commend her for being that dedicated to giving her child the very best start in life. I remember Sonequa also talking about pumping in between takes...those ladies are amazing. Breastfeeding is hard enough but having to pump and work makes it that much harder.

7. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Didn't Sonequa have a baby too at the same time? I noticed at the NYCC everyone was mentioning Alanna having a baby and the trials and tribulations she went thru but no one mentioned that Sonequa went thru the same thing had a little boy.

8. Michele

Michele Code Poet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah but not the exact same time.
    Sonequa was pregnant in season 5, so she was pumping milk in season 6 for her little boy

Katbird, Denie39 and Danaisbestie like this.
  9. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Okay but no one mentioned how hard it was for Sonequa to be pregnant in that heat and to have a baby and work and breast feed.

Katbird, Niolle and FLNatural like this.
  10. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Jesus Christmas, people are so cruel for no reason!

11. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Good on Alanna for calling the assholes out. Unless you've given birth and had to be a working, breastfeeding mom?

Sit the f*ck down.

All women are different, have different body types, gain or don't gain 'baby weight' during pregnancy and each woman will bounce back from said pregnancy IN HER TIME.

Alanna's #1 priority is that little girl and making certain all of her needs are met. She's a mom first and an actress second and anyone who doesn't accept that and continues to spew vitriol from the safety of their anonymous space is simply ridiculous and not worth our time and attention.

Katbird and C-Ben like this.
  12. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What the fuck, why are people so horrible? What's the saying?

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

I may not be the biggest fan of Tara and AM's acting skills, but to attack her for her looks if fucking low. I bet most of the people that write this shit look a thousand times worse than Alanna. Good on her for standing up to the haters!

Lickidesplit likes this.
  13. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    People can be so awful. Social media gives awful people a place to meet other awful people and be awful together. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. AM is a beautiful woman with people in her life who love and admire her. Fu*k the haters! Keep on living your fabulous life with your fabulous job and your fabulous family and your fabulous friends while they let their hate and ignorance feed each other. AM do not, I repeat do not allow them to take any of your shine. You beautiful girl, SLAY!

MamaGrimes likes this.
  14. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They talked about it at SDCC

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  15. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    They could barely hide her belly when she had to lie down amongst all the dead walkers in Conquer.

16. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought Sonequa's was hidden pretty well compared to Alaana's but she didn't film as late into her pregnancy as Alaana did

17. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sonequa did talk about her pregnancy and how hard it was at SDCC and even told a story about how her and Michael bonded over her breastfeeding. Interviewers aren't asking those questions because it's a private matter for an actress, however, if the actress dilvulges, that's the only way we would know.

Alanna brought light to this, otherwise we wouldn't have known. It's not a matter of who received more credit or publicity for having a baby.

Michele, Minty, Denie39 and 5 others like this.
  18. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  19. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really like seeing women with different body types on tv. So i appreciated all the characters that are more non hollywood sized and normal looking.

20. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Body shaming is shit, and it doesn't matter why you have the body you have, whether pregnancy, a thyroid condition, slow metabolism, you just take in more calories than you burn, you shouldn't be shamed for it (although I have to admit, I have wanted to body shame a particular male politician out there who disrespects women). My problem with her post is 1) it seems to suggest that because she's post-pregnancy and breast feeding, body shaming is wrong (actually, no, body shaming is just plain wrong) and 2) I generally don't like the self-congratulatory tone about her parenting. Great, you breast feed. You have a work environment that is conducive to pumping (a lot of working moms don't by the way). What does that have anything to do with body shaming? So if you weren't breast feeding, if you just didn't have a child, then people would have a point about your body size? She's no saint/martyr for bringing a child into this world and taking care of her. Once you decide to have a child, that's your job. It's not praiseworthy and doesn't immunize you from legitimate criticism (which body shaming is not). Probably being overly critical because I kinda don't like her, and maybe that's why her post annoyed me.