1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Are the Whispers here?

Discussion in 'Predictions' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Normally when Morgan goes into his long monologues I tune out but now I am kind of seeing that his long butt monologue in Clear is filled with predictions.

S3.E12 - Clear

Rick: Do you know who I am?
    Do you see who I am?

Morgan: People wearing dead people's faces.

Rick: You found me last year in my front yard, Morgan.
    You and ... you found me.
    You fed me.
    You told me what's happening.
    You saved me.
    My name is Rick Grimes.
    You know me.

I'm not wearing a dead man's face.

The one part that has already come true :

E3.E12 Clear
    Morgan: And then when I came up...
    she was standing there right in front of him and he had his gun up and he couldn't do it.
    So I called to him and he turned.
    And then she was just ... just on him.

And I see red.
    I see red.
    Everything is red.
    Everything I see is red.
    And I do it.
    Finally.

Finally was too late.

I was supposed to.
    I was selfish.
    I was weak.
    You gave me the gun.
    S6.E9 - No way out

[​IMG]

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think he was just being metaphorical. 3.12 aired on March 3, 2013, the Whispers make an appearance in issue #130 which was published in August 13, 2014. Not to mention that the filming and writing for 3.12 would have had to start early, sometime around 2012. So unless Kirkman decided to divulge his new villains two years prior to introducing them in the GN, I doubt they're here yet. Maybe later down the road.

3. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oh I think that this is very doable. Kirkman cranks out comics and he has more than one series going at the same time. He has to have some sort of outline for each. Also, each comic is barely enough material for a fourth of an episode, this is why I hate monthly comics and would rather just wait for the trade publications.

Rick from the pilot has already covered himself in Walker guts , this reference is particular in saying covering faces... which he has never done.

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I always thought that line from Morgan was interesting, but I am not sure if the Whisperer's were what Morgan was talking about. I don't think it was on the writers' radar. I do think if they ever get far enough in the show to cover the Whisperers (if they decide to do so) they can always point back at it and say it was a clever allusion.

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

I'm beginning to believe that Morgan is the personification of the Greek Chorus in TWD:

The role of the Greek chorus was to, offer background information and information about the main themes, to offer an insight into a character's thoughts and feelings, and just generally act as a go-between for the audience and the actors.
    Yes, we have to wait to confirm if that is what they were alluding to... but you have to admit that, this is a very specific reference. At this point Rick had already rubbed walker guts all over him, and Michonne had spent at long time with 2 chained Walker pets and walking amongst them. But no one, so far has actually WORN A DEAD MAN'S FACE. That is too specific to be a throw away line and that it was repeated by Rick.

Also I do not think that Kirkman is writing the comic book series concurrently with the publication. Considering that he has a heck of a lot on his plate with other series and the tv shows my guess is that he has already written at least 2 to 3 years in advance. If not fully written then at least the out line.

I just put up a new post about the OWLS... and you can see that they had been sewing the seeds of the owl theme ever since season 3. I only saw the theme when I started to rewatch.

Katbird likes this.