1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Beth Greene/Emily Kinney

Discussion in 'Don't Dead, Open Inside' started by bethgreene, Feb 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bethgreene

bethgreene Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Beth is one of my favorite characters and I wanted to make a thread for other Beth lovers :)

2. JanBeth

JanBeth Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Beth is the most loved of the shows hated characters. I side eye anyone who says they hate her. Beth Greene is hope, light and melody.

3. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I didn't hate her. Why do people hate her? I thought she was cute, held her own, did her job, became a little sister of sorts to Daryl, and could have have a relationship with Noah. She was sweet. And she liked Michonne.

21melpomene and Jessica like this.
  4. Kordas

Kordas Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I didn't hate her, I just found her a very dull character that had no real purpose. It didn't exactly help that actress playing her was... not the best in the cast, to put it nicely.

MiladyGrimes, Jessica and box5angel like this.
  5. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Okay. I think I see what you mean. Lol

6. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Top 10 Oldest Actors to Play Teenagers on TV

If you don't want to watch the whole video, Emily starts at 7:25.

7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine One of the good things
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    An interesting piece on EK.

THE BLOW UP
    September 26, 20163:40 p.m.
    Emily Kinney on Life After The Walking Dead
    By Lindsay Peoples

For four seasons, Emily Kinney played The Walking Dead’s Beth Greene — the wide-eyed, singing-prone, optimistic daughter of a veterinarian farmer — but as is the show’s wont, her character met its less-than-natural conclusion last November. Kinney isn’t fading into oblivion, though. After smaller roles on television shows like Masters of Sex, The Flash, andArrow, she’s back this fall with a lead role in ABC’s new legal dramaConviction and a seven-inch record, both due this October.

[​IMG]

A.L.C. dress and sweater, price upon request at Barneys.com; coat, $1,795 at Nordstrom.

Kinney grew up in what she describes as an “itty-bitty town” in Nebraska. As a kid, she was more into music than acting: “I remember listening to ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon in the pickup truck when my dad would drive me places, and saying, ‘Oh let’s play that again!’” Her dad was an agronomist selling fertilizer to farmers and her mom was an accountant, but their life was always always filled with music. She recalls going to see the Beach Boys, the Rolling Stones, and the Eagles for her dad’s birthday.

“I was always singing. I would learn a song and say, ‘Let me sing this for you!’ and then it translated into acting. People would come up to me as a little kid and say, ‘I liked it when you sang that song because I could hear the words so clearly.’ Kinney had an innate desire to connect emotionally with her audience, even as a kid, so those moments were highly memorable. “It’s been pretty much forever that I’ve felt this way. I wanted it to be a career, but even if it wasn’t, I’d find a community theater or sing somehow. This is just what I do and who I am.”

[​IMG]

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/emily-kinney-on-conviction-and-life-after-the-walking-dead.html

box5angel likes this.
  8. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was thinking about checking out Conviction since I know Emily is in it, and Merrin Dungey who used to play Francie on Alias and Kelly in The King of Queens is in it too. It's good to see Merrin back on TV.