1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Career Day: Who is responsible?

Discussion in '6x16: Last Day on Earth' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 1, 2016.

?

Was career day always going to happen? Who is responsible?

1. No one is at fault. It was always going to happen; it didn't matter what Rick's group did.

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Everyone who voted to attack the Saviors in the church is equally at fault. It was a team effort.

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Rick is the leader; the responsibility lies with him.

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. It was someone else's fault. (Please explain)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I had thought about this argument but wasn't sure I was making sense. The only kink I see s the part about not doing more recon. What you say is true, but I feel like they dropped the ball not further investigating after Denise's death. I mean Daryl, Rosita, Eugene and Abe had a pretty nasty confrontation with this group after the compound raid and it seems like TF didn't really address the threat still existing.

Katbird likes this.
  2. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't thnk there was much they could do following Denise's death because they didn't know where their home base was so they couldn't take the fight to them. They knew they were coming for them so they did the next best thing, started battening down the hatches so to speak, putting their ammo near the key points (which is why Michonne had to give up morning lovin from Bae), fortifying Alexandria and keeping people leaving to a minimum, which all went to hell! LOL!

IMO the worst thing they could've done after the Denise incident was to go out looking for this group and leave Alexandria vulnerable.

3. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    I blame Gimple.

4. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I voted for it was a team effort. True TF would have inevitable crossed paths with Negan down the road. However the decision the group made (attacking the outpost as mercenaries) sure as hell sped up the process and it showed that TF was ill prepared to handle Negan's full force. Their time could have been spent getting prepared and working with hilltop on a plan for the Negan problem.

In the end the biggest blame goes to the writers. When it comes to linear storytelling TWD team is sorely lacking. After watching the best season ever of GoT, I sometimes wonder why I bother with TWD hacks. Alas it's for the wonderful characters that I love, I would give Kirkman's left testicle for a stellar writing team. :ogg: