1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Carol: Breaking down & potentially leaving the group? [Speculation]

Discussion in '6x13: The Same Boat' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This episode definitely highlighted how much Carol was not handling killing well anymore. She hesitated several times to take lives, and we saw her in tears over the tough decisions she had to make.

Paula told her Carol will always be a killer by proxy because her group is full of killers. I thought this might be the first sign Carol will be departing Alexandria because she can no longer accept the decisions Rick and co. make. Another sign was her squeezing the rosary when Rick shot not!Negan.

2. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I think they are leading to her just wanting to isolate herself from the killing. I think they clarified that Carol only kills for what she believes is protection of the group. That might be another reason why she leaves. She's getting closer and closer to Morgan's philosophy.

3. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    I was thinking that Carol was taking Morgan's philosophy to heart. Maybe not to his extreme, but she sees the merit in not killing and she doesn't like what killing has done to her. She loves TF, but I don't think she can be around them anymore. She needs a new start.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I think Carol loves the group, and she'll always defend them, but being around them is toxic to her. Which is why I could see her seeking new horizons here soon.

Shown likes this.
  5. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think its gonna be like you said, everyone is going to be decimated by the finale, she's taking the first chance she gets, not to leave them, but to keep her sanity. It is eating her up, she needs a new scene. She's been killing nonstop since K&D virtually no break. She needs the peace.

Doctor Grimes and blacklitchick like this.
  6. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I get that Carol wants a fresh start, but who aren't killers here? She knows this group, they're way more than just killers; they're survivors and family too. I'm not sure there is a place where Carol can escape to that is away from the reality of that world. Killing is a necessity.

But if she breaks off from the group, I wonder will it be similar to that time she was exiled? Did she feel peace there? I bet now that everybody is seemingly safe in Alexandria, she feels the release that it would be okay to go. She's off duty from protecting the group.

WalkerVoodoo, Doctor Grimes and Shown like this.
  7. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, Carol is clearly headed for a breakdown and can anyone blame her? This woman has morphed herself into becoming a killer because she needed to but at her heart she's a mother and a nurturer and the killing has finally come to a head. She can't do it anymore.

And let's not forget what she had to do with Lizzie. That happened only a few months ago show time. That one act would be enough to send someone over the edge.

I foresee Carol leaving with Morgan. Most definitely.

8. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Well we saw Carol attempting to leave the group in 5A so yeah I think this time she will actually leave, along with Morgan. I have always said that Carol has been on the path to an emotional breakdown since the events of "The Grove" and now we see that she is finally realizing that herself.

9. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    This has been my theory for a while; she's tired and needs a break from the group. Morgan just doesn't mesh with the group.
    I wouldn't be surprised if next week's episode would be Daryl and Carol inadvertently saying goodbye

10. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    As long as Carol stans don't make it Carol vs TF (she's perfect and they're the devil). I support her getting some space. I think she needs it. Plus I'm incredibly interested in the Carol/Morgan dynamic.

I'm going to start singing "I Want To Break Free"

11. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think Carol watching Rick kill not!Negan was the "last straw that broke the camel's back" for her. I don't think she's going to try or think about leaving the group (not any time soon anyway), but I believe she's now going to start reevaluating her position and purpose in the group.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  12. Shown

Shown Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Where could Carol go where she wouldn't be forced to kill to survive? In the sneak peek she reminds Daryl that the people he saved in the forest are linked to the Saviors since he found his bike at their outpost. All the other times Rick and the crew have left the baddies alive, they came back for them. I wouldn't put it past the writers to give her Comic!Carol's fate early next season.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think Carol has a problem killing when absolutely necessary. She hasn't gone full Morgan, but she's definitely more willing to give people a second chance than Rick seems to at this point. So maybe a community with more lax rules re: killing people.

forevermichonne likes this.
  14. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I don't understand why Carol was looking at Rick like that when he killed Primo. She just finished burning an entire group of Saviors alive, something she sounded disgusted about when it was The Wolves doing it.

Truthfully it's love likes this.
  15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Because Rick is an evil douchelord. :yay:

16. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm already seeing people making the rounds with "Rick just killed that man for no reason! How cold blooded!" while failing to mention all the other kills in the episode.

DirtieBirdie and Doctor Grimes like this.
  17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not surprised.

DirtieBirdie likes this.
  18. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Then I'm lover of a evil douchelord cause I love me some Rick.

Anyway, I think that was Carol realizing that she really can't be part of a group in which Rick is a leader of.

Honestly, for the sake of her sanity, I think Carol needs to move away from Rick.

DirtieBirdie and Doctor Grimes like this.
  19. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

[​IMG]

The stupidity. It hurts me.

20. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:

Did they forget last week's episode? The point of last week's episode was the group deciding they needed to kill every one of the Saviors in order to protect themselves. What would have been the point of Rick keeping this one alive? If he had, they would be calling him stupid. Whatever.