1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Carol Responsible for Sam's Death?

Discussion in '6x09: No Way Out' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree with everything you said BUT the only reasons why I place blame on Jessie is because she listened to her child instead of her own parental instincts and she also seemed too determined to prove something instead of actually being concerned with just keeping her kids alive.

My old boss used to say to me all the time 'Don't be a hero'. Don't take on more than you think you can handle just because you think you have something to prove or a reputation you want to upkeep and be everyone's Savior. At the end of the day pride came before the fall sometimes you have to admit when you are in way over your head and make the smart decision to ask for help or not put yourself in unnecessary situations when you have other options. At the end of the day Jessie had another option. Take your sons with you back to Fr. Gabe's church and let the more experienced survivors handle the situation. Isn't that the reason why they wanted TF there? So they can take the lead in situations like this...I only blame Jessie because Fr. Gabe gave her an out and she didn't take it and she instead listened to her 11 year old son instead of being the mother in that situation and taking charge.