1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Carol & Romance: Who is Carol's "Endgame"? [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 5, 2016.

?

Who is Carol's romantic endgame?

1. Daryl

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Morgan

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Tobin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No one

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    With the news of 6x12 airing, some debate has been stirred with regard to who Carol will end up with romantically in the future. Many are sticking by the tried-and-true Caryl ship, some are saying it's looking more likely that Carol will end up with Morgan (to following in comic Michonne's footsteps), there's a new challenger for Carol's heart with Tobin -- or there's the possibility she'll be alone.

Personally, I don't think Tobin is going to last. I think he's there to only set up Carol for a fall. He'll be the catalyst for her leaving Alexandria (to go to the Kingdom -- which I definitely think is happening).

From there? I am of three schools of thought:

1. Carol/Daryl happens after Tobin dies (down the road). All the signs are there. The fans would love it. It seems the show has been building toward it since season two. Both of them have a similar past, and together they can heal. Even now, the show has emphasized their bond through the use of media (season six promotional images), social media, and also with Easter eggs like the Cherokee Rose. Daryl was deliberately asked for a reason if he was going to settle. Why do that if it's not going anywhere? They're kindred spirits who will only be made stronger by each other.

2. Carol/Morgan happens after Tobin dies (down the road). . Gimple has seemed to slowly phase out the groundwork Mazzara cultivated between Carol and Daryl; Morgan is one of his favorite characters. Carol seems to be adopting some of comic Michonne's arc -- and Michonne and Morgan were an item in the comic. Gimple seems deadset on shoehorning pre-existing characters into comic roles. Carol --> Michonne. Morgan --> Zeke/Morgan hybrid. Daryl --> Dwight (a lone soldier who becomes head of the Saviors). It could be that Carol and Morgan end up running the Kingdom together.

3. After Tobin dies, Carol/Morgan happens for a while, but then Morgan dies (or they break up) and then Carol and Daryl finally get together in the last act. Daryl takes over the Saviors. Uniting their two communities.

Katbird and Shown like this.
  2. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I voted "No one". I think, ultimately, Carol will end up alone. She may share a chaste kiss with Daryl before one of them dies, but that's the extent of any romance that may happen between them I think.

Appetence and tuswig like this.
  3. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I chose other, but I'm leaning towards Morgan/No one.

I just have a feeling both Morgan and Carol will decided to leave ASZ. Morgan because his philosophy is not aligning with the rest of TF therefore he's an outsider. And Carol because she wants to start over (now with this Tobin thing, if he dies, I could really see her wanting to leave ASZ). These two go to The Kingdom and become closer, boom Corgan.

I also have this weird theory that there won't really be an Ezekiel on the show, but instead Morgan and Carol kind of become Ezekiel (aka rule The Kingdom), so there's that.

My other theory is Ezekiel, but blah, who knows. I also think there's a higher chance she won't be with anyone romantic.

Glory, Katbird and tuswig like this.
  4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am terrified this will be the end result, but it seems to fit where Gimple is taking Carol. Down the long, misery road. I think it's really hard to say who Carol's "endgame" will be, so maybe I didn't phrase it will, but I do think Carol will have potential suitors that come and go.

For now, I am still torn on Daryl or Morgan.
    I was getting hyped over the potential of the Caryl kiss with the spoilers because it's what made the most sense for this time in the show, but now that Gimple is throwing Caryl on ice? With Tobin? I don't know.

Tobin could also be no big thang. Maybe it gets Daryl off his ass to do something about Carol.

Maybe it means Carol will go to the Kingdom and Morgan will go with her -- setting up a potential Zeke/Michonne thing.

With Daryl being an OC and Carol and Morgan being a sort of OCs, the possibilities are endless. But there is a void left by comic Michonne that I am sure will be filled somehow. Just how all these pieces fit in there, I'm not sure.

So I'm voting for "Other".

Katbird, Shown and yuna like this.
  5. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I love the idea of Carol/ Morgan ruling the kingdom, after they work out their difference with some hot make up sex eventually (Sorry Carylers- kinda ;)

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol will kiss Tobin, awakening feelings in her about love (Tobin = Jessie)
    There is nothing substantial about her interaction with Tobin...it's just a stepping stone.
    Carol will bond further with Morgan. They will move from enemies to friends and allies to something more (sound familiar? Morgan = Michonne)
    Because Gimple is aligning Carol's arc with GN Michonne, Morgan will most likely die in season 7 after he and Carol have set up house in the Kingdom and Carol will be alone.

While it seems sad, I'm looking forward to meaty storylines for the wonderful MMB.

Glory, Katbird, rlsatk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, I agree with this spec. I still voted Morgan in the off chance he survives AOW. Also comic Michonne is still alive and kicking so she could end up getting another love interest later down the line which would mean the same for Carol.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  8. MidnightRose76

MidnightRose76 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Morgan. I think their relationship is going to change over time and eventually become romantic.

However, as a past-tense hardcore Caryl shipper, I wouldn't be too upset if her endgame is Daryl.

9. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Logically it would be daryl but this show loves doing things that don't make sense. I'm a loose caryl shipper (my hate for daryl kinda killed the ship for me) but I wouldn't mind if someone else were her endgame. As long as it makes sense and lets carol have some happiness, I'm cool with it.

10. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    VotED for Morgan, also This ^^^ I just really hope they don't kill him off. Morgan and Carol's dynamic really intrigues me and I hope it's explored to its fullest.

#10 rlsatk, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Flower1petals likes this.
  11. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Daryl. I'm not on the Morgan train, I think she and him will eventually come to an understanding but I don't see it being romantic. Daryl is her endgame to me. They've had seasons of build, the actors have referred to them in the past as "eaxh other's person" and it's somethinf we know Gimple has discussed with the actors. After all their history, I can't see them permanently ending up with anyone else.

Shown likes this.
  12. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I voted Daryl for two reasons.

1. They will never kill him off. They'll give him. His happy ending.
    2. I don't see Morgan lasting too long.

I think there is potential for Morgan to be the real roadblock before Carol, whether that turns romantic or not. Caryl has been pushed further and further apart, but I think when "shit's finally settled" they will "find each other" again. I feel like Caryl is about to be very angsty. Not sure where Daryl is going to end up after Lucille or if Carol will choose to stay at the Kingdom, either way I think she will spend most of her time with Morgan, that relationship will grow and blossom, romantically or not. He will die. Daryl will find his way back to her. I can see a scenario where Caryl is the ultimate endgame. As in last season of the series.

13. felicity79

felicity79 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I agree with this. I don't think Caryl will get together until the very end, or when there is a huge ratings dip. She may kiss Tobin, relationships Morgan, I could see this happening. But Caryl will be endgame.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  14. ThatGrimesGirl

ThatGrimesGirl Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I voted Morgan, I think Gimple is dividing comic Michonne's parts between Sasha and Carol. Sasha, as we know now, is going the Holly route. Carol has been seen filming in the back half with Morgan at the Kingdom. Morgan gets under Carol's skin. Not a big jump from animosity to love. Looks like Morgan is setup to be Ezekial and we know what happens to him. If Carol is taking on comic Michonne's arc it does mean she will be around much longer and who knows who she will end up with then, but I just don't see it being Daryl. It could be Daryl and Carol in the end, but I think they are taking Daryl in another direction that's why Carol and Daryl don't have many scenes together anymore. I once thought it would be Daryl and Carol but I am leaning more towards Daryl and someone else or Daryl and Jesus. It has been six seasons now and Daryl and Carol have not filmed much together, seems like they are trying to bury that idead of them getting together.

tuswig likes this.
  15. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm hoping for Morgan. I don't think Tobin will last with her, even though I think they are cute and I wouldn't mind them. I like the idea of them leaving and ruling the Kingdom. I am very interested in their dynamic.

Glory likes this.
  16. mondobongo

mondobongo Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    After Sunday's episode, Caryl is endgame. Too many parallels to Gleggie's relationship to ignore. Paula's dialogue, about "he was just a warm-body in bed" confirms that Tobin is just a distraction. Carol can ride Tobin to the moon and back, and Caryl is still endgame.

Eilis likes this.
  17. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I would say based on their interactions from seasons 1-3, I really thought Caryl was going to happen but since SG took the reigns, I'm not so sure what his intentions are (I'm not even sure that he even likes the character of Daryl). I'm not the biggest Carol fan so I'm not that invested in her "romantic" life but I don't think her and Daryl are in the right headspace to take their relationship to the next level...right now. Even Daryl pretty much said in 6.11 that "shit" is not even settled to have a relationship. If they do get together it would definitely be near the end of series but honestly when I look at them, atleast right now, I do not see romance but an amazing friendship (my honest observation). I'm convinced that Morgan will be Carol's first, great love post ZA, and if I had to choose, I think he is the better man for Carol than Daryl.

18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    After reading the finale spoilers

I am becoming more convinced Carol/Morgan is going to be a legit reality. They are going to be at the Kingdom together. I don't know how I feel about this. Mostly upset, I think. I need to see how it plays out, but my gut is telling me Gimple might be sending a message by having Daryl and Carol fighting being the reason Carol runs off (that's my gut feeling), and then instead of focusing on retrieving Carol, Daryl goes after Dwight instead (showing he is choosing revenge over her), while Morgan -- in romance novel fashion -- happens upon a wounded damsel while on horseback, nursing her to health.

Symbolically, it doesn't look good. I hope I'm wrong.

Katbird likes this.
  19. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh ick. I've been interested in Carol/Morgan dynamic just because of their different ideologies and thinking they'd be bringing balance to one another. But seeing it through that contrived lens of being the knight riding to her aid is incredibly unappealing.If Corgan is where this is going there's a hell of a lot more work that SHOULD go into it.

Doctor Grimes and Butler36 like this.
  20. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I still don't see how they could possibly even do a Morgan/Carol romance. I get comic Michonne and Morgan were a thing, but Carol doesn't even like Morgan. I can see them coming to an understanding, but I can't see how this could possibly move into romance territory. It doesn't make sense.