1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Carol & Romance: Who is Carol's "Endgame"? [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 5, 2016.

?

Who is Carol's romantic endgame?

1. Daryl

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Morgan

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Tobin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No one

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :gimp:

Eilis likes this.
  2. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    agree.

I'd be absolutely fine with Carol and Daryl being together, but I'm just not seeing it right now.. I feel like tptb are continuing to tease it because it is popular, but at most I see it playing out just as you have stated here, which would kind of suck, especially for the people who have been so invested in this ship for so long.

As much as people don't like the idea of Morgan and Carol, I see more of a chance of something happening there than with Daryl right now. Not like they have romantic chemistry right now (there's not, obviously), but there is an antagonist relationship there, a push/pull. Hate/animosity is a strong and passionate emotion. It's something. It could breed something. Not that I necessarily want that, but they are building something with those two, the jury is out on what exactly at this point. (if that makes any sense?). Look at how Rick and Michonne started out.

Tobin is a blip on the radar.

Of each of these potential outcomes, though, right now I anticipate Carol remaining alone. They seem to want to keep Carol miserable for some reason.

Iguessiamhere likes this.
  3. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hadn't made that connection! Good point. Carbin/Tobal wtf it is, is totally toast.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think the misery is inevitable at this point if they are giving Carol the Michonne arc from the comic. Which would mean maybe Carol and Morgan become an item, then Morgan dies (or it just falls apart because Carol can't stand him), and then Carol becomes a pirate for two years.

:salt::rant:

5. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ahhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg.

Let's hope there's no pirate nonsense!

6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel like the pirate storyline is happening right now with Carol going off to the Kingdom.

Lyra_Nation likes this.
  7. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Maybe they're mixing the two. I just hope they don't play out the pirate thing. I swear. I will gnash teeth. It's a ways off, so we wouldn't have to worry about it for a while, but ugggh. :gabe:

8. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    She can get an eye patch and match Carl. :|

Comic Michonne's arc is a crock of shit, why on earth he would even want to give that to someone I haven't a clue.

Eilis and Appetence like this.
  9. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I just can't imagine them doing this with Carol again. It would be a huge step backward.

10. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think so too.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  11. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I went with "no one". I'd be okay with Carol ending up with anyone really, so long as it was executed well, but I have no preference.

But right now my gut just says ultimately she'll be alone.

12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Fuck no to Morgan and fuck no to Gimple giving Carol Michonne's comic arc. It was bullshit in the comics and it is even worse on TV.

13. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Morgan; I've been getting vibes :omg:

Iguessiamhere likes this.
  14. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I am excited because as I said before, I love the idea of Carol and Morgan going to The Kingdom and ruling there, and now with that finale, it seems it's becoming a reality. I was never for Caryl as a romantic pairing myself, so the possibility of them not ending up as anything other than close friends is perfectly fine with me. Now, Corgan is what I am rooting for. They may have had different philosophies, but they have plenty in common that give them a perfectly good start for a romance. I love Carol and Morgan, so them possibly being together is a real treat for me personally. ^-^

And before anyone brings up the body slam, let's remember Rick's great hostility toward Michonne, even after she brought the baby formula, and how he grabbed her bullet wounded leg, but now look at them. Just lovebirds asf. ;) They grew and moved past it, I'm certain Morgan and Carol's scuffle will not deter any possible romance either.

I mean, think about it. Both Morgan and Carol lost kids to their own respective weaknesses. They've bottled this pain inside themselves and both went into extremes as a result. Before Morgan became a pacifist, he was practically psychotic. He was all alone, in contrast to Carol, and thus became vicious "clearing" anything in his path. It was only after he met Eastman, that he began to become more of a pacifist and understanding that life is more precious than he'd made it out as during his breakdown.

In contrast, Carol had Team Family to hold her down, but even so, she still did vicious things such as burning sick people alive for the sake of the Family. And unlike Morgan, she did not get that wake up call about life being more precious and she did not always have to kill, until recently. Morgan was the one who acknowledged Carol, and knew she did not like killing. He was the one who understands her and where she's coming from because he's been there, basically in a worse state than she had been.

Carol got to that point where she believed that she needed to turn away from people in order to stop killing, but Morgan knows better than she, that being on your own only feeds the animal inside. He's been there after all. Both of them even got to a point where they begged someone to kill them because the pain inside them was too much, but even now they're still living. I love that Morgan was the one who went after her, it only makes sense given their kindred spirits.

The more I write on this, the more I am in such great support of this pairing, whether romantic or a strong friendship, I am really here for it. Even thinking back to how he was the only one outside of Team Family, eho could see through Carol's bluff was very telling to me as well on how perceptive he is with her. And Carol is able to find someone to lean on in Morgan, and Morgan is also learning that while life is precious, sometimes you do have to do what you do not want to, in order to save those you care for; in order to save yourself, and I love that Carol was the catalyst in Morgan finally realizing that and shooting down the man about to kill her. I feel like they can learn so much from each other and grow, I love how things are going so far.

I'm one of those who actually agrees with Morgan about bringing up life and death, and does not find it annoying that he believes in it. I think people need to remember and take to heart what he's saying, even if you do not 100% agree with how he comes across doing it, because it's very important. It's also very important that Carol isn't just a killing machine who does not feel when she does what she does. Because that's unrealistic for someone like Carol, who deep down, is a nurturer, a mother, and not a cold-blooded killer. She's so long justified herself for it, and many times she was right, but I think both she and Morgan can learn and find a balance in each other, together.

#34 Nightmare, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Glory and Doctor Grimes like this.
  15. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think the only "Michonne story arc" they are giving to Carol is her going to the Kindom. I believe the writers will seriously re-write that portion to be a lot more realistic and to fit the storyline. They've given Carol some great material and MMB will knock it out of the park as always. Remember she is their Merle Streep so to speak... I'm not gonna worry about my girl in S7. I think she's gonna find an even balance and start becoming who she is meant to be.

Katbird likes this.
  16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope so sad Carol breaks my heart. And she deserves real happiness just like everyone else.

Katbird and Caribbeanqueen11 like this.
  17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's always possible they will cook something up between Zeke and Carol in the future since she will be at the Kingdom. It's way too early to tell though.

Glory likes this.
  18. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope not. The Tobin thing was just so weird that her getting with someone else so soon would just be strange to me.

19. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm still here for Corgan. :holdheart:

Glory and Katbird like this.
  20. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I vote "No one". I'm becoming more and more convinced that Carol will (comics spoilers ahead):
    inherit comics!Michonne's arc, in that she will leave the group and set off on a ship.

Glory likes this.