1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Carol's continued absence.

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by richonneromance, Nov 25, 2016.

1. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I just counted the amount of episodes Carol has been MIA from since Melissa got promoted to main.

She's been MIA from 21 episodes since S4. This isn't taking into account how much she was featured in the episodes she was in, sometimes it's just one or two scenes, or the S5 hospital scenes where she never spoke.

Compared to the four she was MIA from, back when she was still either a guest star or secondary cast.

It's really bothering me that she has ended up playing no role in 7A whatsoever. I'm spoiler free so maybe another episode featuring her is coming soon but as it stands right now I can't see them returning to the Kingdom before episode 8 and then there's a break after that anyway.

It seems like since agreeing to not kill her off in S3, the show has just decided to put her on the outside of the group (where they technically wanted her to be, that is, in death) rather than find a way to properly integrate her as a living, breathing character who is part of this family. The closest they came to this was around 5B, she felt like a real member of the group then but she was so busy doing her Suzy Homemaker role it never felt like we just got to see her doing her thing.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm ranting about, I just wanted to point it out that Carol's continued absence is ridiculous. Just kill the character off if you can't find anything for her to do in 4 seasons!

zahira and Gekari like this.
  2. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    At this point , they can just kill her .

hewontgo likes this.
  3. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    It would be interesting to see how her death could effect Daryl.

Gekari, zahira and QueenTee like this.
  4. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    yes i think that too