1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Carol's Exile

Discussion in '6x15: East' started by tuswig, Mar 28, 2016.

1. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    A few things bothered me about the interactions between Rick and Morgan in this most recent episode, and the Carol exile, rearing its ugly head, was definitely one of them. Morgan had told Rick that he was talking to members of his group and found out about the entire Karen/David/exile situation. Of everyone in the group currently there are only two people who knew firsthand about what happened, Daryl and Maggie, and I really can't see either of them being that chummy with Morgan to really speak on something that significant that happened between Carol and Rick. It is very plausible that Maggie told Glenn and Rick told Michonne at some point, but once again I find it very hard to believe that anyone in the group would go into detail about this situation with Morgan of all people...it doesn't make sense.

It also bothered me when Morgan questioned why Rick was out there with him searching for Carol asking him, "Is she like your friend?" Like really??? Who the fuck are you Morgan? Why are YOU out searching for Carol??? Rick knows her alot better than you! I always thought that Rick and Carol have a very complicated relationship but I do believe that there is still a strong sense of familial love there; so while I don't agree with any of the adults in this episode chasing after other adults who CHOSE to leave Alexandria, for Morgan to pose that question really ticked me off. And I get it, I think he asked the "friend" question to later allude to "Oh, well if you see her as your friend/family, then why did you exile her?" but I just don't appreciate Morgan speaking on things that he really knows nothing about.

WalkerVoodoo and Doctor Grimes like this.
  2. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, it's ridiculous that Morgan is shown to be largely solitary but he's been apparently chummy with everyone there, we just don't get to see what would be crucial character development. This is Gimple/the weekly writers knowing what their plot points are for the season but overloading too many into one season so they don't have time to develop each point. So we get the fast tracked "I asked people!" shit. It reminded me of when Governor was like "Andrea told me everything!" when his relationship with her was down the toilet and she couldn't stand him anymore.

As I predicted, they've done an abysmal job reintroducing Morgan. I like the actor but the character does not fit in this group at all.

3. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was wondering how Morgan found out about the exile in the first place. It seemed like a hush-hush matter. Only Daryl, Maggie, Rick, and Carol knew (Hershel and Ty knew as well, but they're gone). I suppose it's possible Tyreese told Sasha at some point what happened, but that's the only loose thread I can think of. Either way, the group seems so tight, I can't imagine one of them just telling Morgan all of this internal TF drama and history -- especially when they all seemed to collectively move past it.

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Maybe he got his hands on Deanna's tape.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  5. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think any of them would've told him, as Carol seems to be the only one sympathetic towards him even if just a little, and she's a pretty private person as we all know. It was shit writing put there for convenience and honestly bringing up that exile was shit writing too. The only purpose of mentioning it seemed to be for Rick to say how very, oh-so totally wrong he was. It was like Gimple had this great idea but realized last minute Morgan wouldn't know about it so he just threw in "someone told me"...the laziest thing a writer can do. I'll eat my words if they further explain it but I doubt it'll come to that.