1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Carol's love interest. Who should it be?????

Discussion in 'Other Relationships' started by Riko813, Aug 15, 2016.

?

Carol's love interest, who should it be?

1. Daryl

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Morgan

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  3. Ezekiel

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Tobin

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. All the above (Carol needs a harem)

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    That was a really well thought out post. You were right on all points concerning him stopping her from killing him or the Wolf. It was a situation that was surreal for both of them...a kind confirming for Morgan that what he was sensing about Carol not liking to kill was correct and Carol is on the brink of a emotional breakdown. They both were in the grip of the moment, it had to play out. Now I'm asking who was he trying to protect, Carol or the Wolf? The men in Rick's group are super protective, they all are/were husbands and fathers and want to be that again, I think. So he was protecting her from this thing she did not want to do, did not want to be...to kill or be a killer? I am getting so caught up, confusing myself with this very deep stuff, lol...I must be sleepy; it's been a long day, lol.

2. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace Guts.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yanno.....though I kind of don't really boast about it....I've always kind of enjoyed some Carol and Daryl. Not like a huge shipper or anything, but some of their moments are very cute and quirky. I kind of like their dynamic, though sometimes it felt kind of as if Carol were more interested than the other way around. I would like it for Daryl to happen, but ONLY if Daryl matures a little more; he is still so asexual at this point, I need to see something more out of him.

At the same time, though, I quite honestly see some set up for Morgan and Carol. They've just been paralleled so much the past season, and it seems to be once more reoccurring with season 7. So I can easily see this being a "thing" too.

One things for sure, though.....noooooooo to Tobin! He's sweet and all, but I just didn't buy off on their little fling. Maybe it's because I just don't care for Tobin, lol. He's like vanilla ice cream, and I feel like Carol needs some rocky road or strawberry or at least mint chocolate. SOMETHING other than plain bland man like Tobin. So my votes are for either Daryl, Morgan, or just leave her alone until we see a worthy LI.

3. La Petite Boleyn

La Petite Boleyn Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I'm in the minority here XD but I voted for :crydaryl: Even if I think that right now their relationship is very stalled as platonic but they have a wonderful bond. :hug:

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  4. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Carol/Daryl will always have that bond no matter who Carol gets involved with romanticly. But, right now I really don't see Gimple moving towards a Carol/Daryl romance. Carol is already involved with Tobin, but Gimple is pushing her towards Morgan.

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glad Carol broke up with Tobin.

La Petite Boleyn and Katbird like this.
  7. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I say Ezekiel. I don't think it'll be Daryl. I don't think it'll be Morgan either. Morgan is still wearing his wedding ring (so he may not ever move on to love after Jenny), and I believe her and Daryl have mutually regarded each other as "friends" and nothing more.

I mean, just looking at their scenes since Gimple took over the show, they've been incredibly platonic in nature -- and have dropped off. Most of their scenes are about how different they are -- or about the recurring theme of starting over and trying.

Out of curiosity, I compiled a list of all Carol and Daryl dialogue transactions since 4.01 (note: when I did "Consumed", I just chose dialogue relevant to them as people as a lot of the dialogue was purely plot-based). It didn't take me that long, which is a testament to how little they've interacted recently.

Daryl: "Smells good."
    Carol: "Just so you know, I liked you first."
    Daryl: "Stop." [a beat] "You know, Rick brought in a lot of them, too."
    Carol: "Not recently. Give the stranger sanctuary, keeping people fed, you're gonna have to learn to live with the love."
    Daryl: "Right."

Carol: "About today, I don't know if we're gonna be able to spare a lot of people for the run."
    Daryl: "That place is good to go. We're gonna move on it."
    Carol: "Yeah. The thing is, we had a pretty big buildup overnight. Dozens more towards tower three. It's getting as bad as last month. They don't spread out anymore."
    Daryl: "With more of us sitting here, we're drawing more of them out. You get enough of those damn fence-clingers, they start to herd up."
    Carol: "Pushing against the fences again. It's manageable, but unless we get ahead of it, not for long. Sorry, Pookie."
    Daryl: [smiles, shakes his head, nudges Carol's arm then leaves]

Daryl: "You all right?"
    Carol: "I'm worried about Lizzie and Mica. They were around Patrick."
    Daryl: "We all were. Karen and David are gonna be separated till they feel better."
    Carol: "You're right. Are you okay?"
    Daryl: "Mm-hmm. Got to be."

Carol: "I don't want to talk about it. I can't. I just need to forget it."
    Daryl: "All right."

Daryl: "Hey, I get it. You don't want to talk about it." [a beat] "You okay?"
    Carol: "Gotta be."
    Daryl: "We get to start over. All of us with each other. You saved us all by yourself."
    Carol: "We got lucky. We all should be dead." [They get to an abandoned car] "I'll check it."
    Daryl: "All right." [a beat] "Hey. We ain't dead. And whatever happened, happened. Let's start over."
    Carol: "I want to."
    Daryl: "Well, you can."
    Carol: [about the car] "We should leave this here for backup in case things go south at the church."
    Daryl: "Want me to carry one of those?" [Daryl fumbles water jug]
    Carol: "No."

Daryl: [finds Carol trying to leave] "What are you doing?"
    Carol: "I don't know."
    Daryl: "Come on."
    Carol: "Whoa, whoa! What are you doing? What are you doing?"
    Daryl: "They got Beth. Come on. Come on, get in."

5.06 [only picked dialogue that wasn't about the pursuit/finding of Beth]
    Daryl: "You used to work here or something?"
    Carol: "Something."

Daryl: "What's this place?"
    Carol: "It's temporary housing."
    Daryl: "You came here?"
    Carol: "We didn't stay. I'll take the top bunk. I think that one's more your style."
    Daryl: (chuckles)

Carol: “You said we get to start over. Did you?
    Daryl: “I'm trying." [a beat] "Why don't you say what's really on your mind?"
    Carol: "I don't think we get to save people anymore."
    Daryl: "Then why are you here?"
    Carol: "I'm trying."
    Daryl: "When we were out by the car... what if I didn't show up?"
    Carol: "I still don't know."

Daryl: "Some days, I don't know what the hell to think."

Carol: "You still haven't asked me what happened. After I met up with Tyreese, the girls."
    Daryl: "Yeah, I know what happened. They ain't here."
    Carol: "It was worse than that."
    Daryl: "The reason I said we get to start over... is because we gotta. The way it was..."
    Carol: "Yeah."

Daryl: "Hmm"
    Carol: "What?"
    Daryl: "I bet this cost some rich prick a lot of money. Looks like a dog sat in paint, wiped its ass all over the place."
    Carol: "Really? I kinda like it."
    Daryl: "Stop."
    Carol: "I’m serious. You don’t know me."
    Daryl: "Yep, you keep tellin’ yourself that."

Carol: "I don’t want you to die. I don’t want Beth to die. I don’t want anybody at the church to die, but I can’t stand around and watch it happen either. can’t. That’s why I left. I just had to be somewhere else."
    Daryl: "Well, you ain’t somewhere else; you’re right here. Tryin’.” [the childhood abuse book is revealed]
    Carol: “Look, you’re not who you were and neither am I. I don’t know if I believe in God anymore or heaven, but if I’m going to hell, I’m making damn sure I’m holding it off as long as I can."

Daryl: "You said I ain't like how I was before?"
    Carol: "Yeah."
    Daryl: "How was I?"
    Carol: "It's like you were a kid. Now you're a man."
    Daryl: "What about you?"
    Carol: "Me and Sophia stayed at that shelter for a day and a half before I went running back to Ed. I went home, I got beat up, life went on, and I just kept praying for something to happen. But I didn't do anything. Not a damn thing. Who I was with him... she got burned away. And I was happy about that. I mean, not happy, but... And at the prison I got to be who I always thought I should be, thought I should've been. And then she got burned away. Everything now just... consumes you."
    Daryl: "Well, hey... we ain't ashes."

Carol: "Anything?"
    Daryl: "No, it's too dry. There ain't nothing here."
    Carol: "Maybe we should start back."
    Daryl: "You go."
    Carol: "I think she saved my life. She saved your life, too, right?" [hands Daryl Beth's knife] "It was hers. We're not dead. That's what you said. You're not dead. I know you. We're different. I can't let myself-- But you... I know you. You have to let yourself feel it. You will."

Carol: "Time to punch the clock and make the casseroles."
    Daryl: "What?"
    Carol: "Make dinner for the older people -- moms who need a break, people who can't cook. Get to meet a lot of the neighbors that way."
    Daryl: (scoffs) "All right."
    Carol: "Have you taken a shower yet?"
    Daryl: "Mmhmm."
    Carol: "Take a shower. I'm gonna wash that vest. We need to keep up appearances, even you."
    Daryl: "Hey, I ain't starting now."
    Carol: "I'm gonna hose you down in your sleep."
    Daryl: "You look ridiculous."

Carol: [holds out the pistols to Rick and Daryl] "Take your pick."
    Daryl: "Look, I've been thinking. Do we really need these? I mean, things go bad, yeah, sure. We do what we gotta do, but it's like you said. We don't need these for that."
    Carol: "Right now we don't."
    Daryl: "You wanted me to try, right? I'm good."

Daryl: "Hey, you good?"
    Carol: "No."
    Daryl: "Come here." [pulls her into a hug]

Carol: "Didn't even notice. You got your bike back."
    Daryl: "Yeah. You got another one of those?" [Carol hands him a cigarette] "Thanks."
    Carol: "Those people you met, the ones in the burnt forest, they took it from you?"
    Daryl: "Yeah."
    Carol: "You saved them, right?"
    Daryl: "..."
    Carol: "Sorry. It's who you are. We're still stuck with that."
    Daryl: "No, we ain't. I should've killed them. Hey. The ones that took you and Maggie... what'd they do to you?"
    Carol: "To us? They didn't do anything."

Carol: [to Daryl as they're digging Denise's grave] "You were right. I knew it when you said it." ​

At any time, they're going in opposite directions. I think this is because they're just different people now.

With Morgan, her interactions with him are more that they're on the same wave-length -- but Morgan isn't the man for her either. He will probably never get over the loss of his wife -- and has shown no indication he desires to do so.

Hence, I think Ezekiel, who mirrors Carol's contradictory/dual nature, is the person she will most likely end up with.

8. Jimmy

Jimmy Maggie and Michonne are soulmates.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll say again.

It should be me :sasha:

Tisha Grimes and Doctor Grimes like this.
  9. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Morgan Morgan Morgan!

From day one!

They just work!

Carol needs someone safe to catch the neverending bullshit she throws and Morgan craves a project!

Don't get me wrong I love them both but I've seen this match in real life and though it may seem painful to us, it can apparently be long term and mutually satisfying.

ALDGRichonneLover and Katbird like this.
  10. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I ship it.

Richonne4Lyfe and Jimmy like this.
  11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think the fact that they are always on similar journeys but different paths means the goal is never to have their lives truly intersect in a long term, meaningful way. Its like Gimple lets them just kind of bump into each other a long the way. Plus, Idk if this counts for anything
    but I was searching RD'S posts for Richonne info and came across a couple of posts where he said nothing he's seen or heard indicates Caryl is a romantic relationship. He said they have a brother/sister thing and he posted this well after 710 was filmed. Of course he got heat from Carylers and it could just be his opinion but based on the spoilers he's provided this season, I think he would know.

So yeah, I'm still thinking Ezekiel ftw

12. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I found this interesting. During the commentary track for "Them" (5x10), Sonequa seems rather supportive of the relationship between Carol and Daryl, but NR is very dismissive. I am not sure what it means, but... just read for yourself.

[scene with Carol and Daryl is on the screen]
    Julius Ramsay: "I thought this was a touching scene. You guys have such an interesting, like, long relationship at this point, Norman."
    Sonequa: "Yeah, I love your guys' dynamic."
    Norman: "It's crazy how everyone thinks uh -- all the different variations of what people think how it is."
    Sonequa: "Well it's such a multi-layered relationship."
    Norman: [about Beth's knife] "I still carry that knife."
    Sonequa: "Huh."
    Julius Ramsay: "That's awesome."
    [they watch for a while in silence; Carol is talking about how Daryl needs to let himself feel it]
    Sonequa: "Melissa is a beast. She's so good."
    Norman: "She's got that face, you know what I mean?"
    Sonequa: "Yeah."
    Norman: "That can hold a bunch of stories."
    Sonequa: "Yes, that's what I mean by beast. Just a beast of an actor."
    Julius Ramsay: [about the forehead kiss which just happened] "I like that. I think she improvised that, right?"
    Sonequa: "Did she?"
    Norman: "I don't think we talked about it."
    Julius Ramsay: "Was it something you guys had talked about before?"
    Sonequa: "Oh I just love it. And you know she's the only one that would be able to touch him like that." [laughs] "You know what I mean?"
    Norman: "Eh."
    Sonequa: "He's not going to let anyone else get the hair out of his eyes."
    Norman: "She's kissed my forehead like four times on the show."
    Julius Ramsay: [laugh]
    Norman: "The first time she kissed me I flinched like she was going to hit me."
    Sonequa: "Aww."
    Norman: "And the next season I had a storyline about having an abusive childhood."
    Sonequa: "Wow."
    Norman: "Yeah, it came from that."
    Julius Ramsay: "Wow."​

Reading this, I don't get the sense that anything romantic was intended at all by the scene, not that NR is under the impression there's anything there.

I'm already sold Carol will be with Ezekiel, but more and more it just looks like it.

13. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Based on this, it seems Norman and Daryl's focus was Beth for that whole episode. His eyes are just staring off into the distance when Carol gives him that kiss. He's not even "there"....he's totally lost in his grief. If it was supposed to be romantic, that's kind of a weird time for it you know?
    I think it's interesting that people say oh only Carol could touch him like that when in the previous season Beth hugged him twice, held his hand and he was carrying her around :tara:

Katbird and MamaGrimes like this.
  14. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :andytea: NR was trying to change to subject to get SMG to derail the Caryl train, he wanted no part of that conversation. This was 2 seasons ago and I have yet to see any change from NR whereas Khary seems quite open to something between Zeke and Carol. So...:gareth: