1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Claimed

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Armte, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Discussion for 4.11 begins here.
    While Carl and Michonne look for supplies, Rick is faced against a gang of marauders. Meanwhile, Glenn and Tara are brought together with three strangers on an important mission.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Armte, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    box5angel likes this.
  2. Dregel

Dregel Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I Think the scene when Rick hides under the bed is one of my favorite so far.

3. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree, there was so much tension in that sequence I was on the edge of my seat. Rick is so stealthy.

4. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So Claimed. I loved it and really anytime I rewatch it I just fast forward to the Richonne and Carchonne parts and the part where Rick takes out the Claimers.

I wasn't a shipper back then but looking back now it's an essential episode to the Richonne canon. It really was our first glimpse into what Richonne domestic life could and will eventually look like. Seth Hoffman gets it right and to know that Nichole Beattie co-wrote it and years later favorited a Richonne tweet makes me know that this is truly what they were going for.

Michele, CDCsuzy, Armte and 2 others like this.
  5. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Claimed is one of my favorite TWD episodes, and it was just chocked full of Richonne goodness. I liked the GREATM stuff, but I loved the Grimes Family 2.0 stuff even better. I mean, you had great Carchonne moments with them sharing a laugh, the crazy cheese, and the Andre reveal; great Richonne moments with Rick thanking her for making Carl laugh, asking her to co-parent him, Michonne saying she's done taking breaks, is this home, telling him to rest, giving him a wink -- I was like did she just wink at Rick, and did he just check her out in the kitchen and on the porch? -- and Rick being the badass that he is. I was so afraid for Rick. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. And the look of stark terror on his face while under the bed with him just imagining what they would do to Carl and Michonne if they got back to the house before he could do anything and knowing that he wasn't in such good shape to take on a group of men, let alone one man. AL played the hell out of it and made you feel just what he was feeling at that moment. This is one of the many reasons I love me some Rick Grimes. Even though he had been beat to hell and back by the Guvnah, could hardly walk and was out cold the day before, he still rose to the occasion to protect his family. Yep, he's all right in my book. That was a great episode all around.

6. vinivre

vinivre Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Claimed is one of my favorite episodes too. It was like the continuation of Clear. The Carchonne bonding. Rick taking a moment to relax well until the Claimers showed up, lol but I liked how Rick took Michonne's advice to rest with no argument and was totally comfortable with letting Michonne go on a run with Carl which says a lot about how much Rick respected and trusted Michonne.

Ms.J.Richonne, luv, Denie39 and 4 others like this.
  7. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also think the name has double meaning. Where Grimes Family claims each other and they all make this sort of silent treaty to be deeply invested in one another.

8. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    This is actually my favorite episode:
    - Grandpa Rick is up and moving
    - Rick needs Michonne's help with Carl cuz "Dis tew much... oh and great ass boo"
    - Michonne: Girl I hope he not watching me walk away
    - Carl doesn't want Michonne in charge of the grocery shopping cuz soy milk.. bleh!
    - Carchonne moments overload
    - Carl has a sixth sense and knows Michonne is into art and that's why he brought that painting. No one can tell me otherwise!
    - If this were a horror film the killer would've been standing behind Michonne once she discovered that "family room"
    - "They're in the house Rick! Hide!"
    - Rick getting his head banged after Claimer dude plops on the bed
    - Keep all firearms away from Eugene
    - Glenn from them streets y'all. Abe 'finna learn today
    - Does Grandpa Rick need to choke a bitch?!
    - Terminus.. This is TWD so if it looks hopeful chances are it won't end well.

9. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Question: Are we to assume Abraham was telling the truth when he said he was in contact with people in Washington or was that just something he told Glenn to convince him to come along?

10. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I just posted this questions somewhere else not realizing there was a thread for this episode (still a newbie here!)

Here goes:

I just rewatched After and Claimed (Season 4) and the part where Rick and Michonne are in the kitchen and Michonne asks him "this place...is it home or just a stop along the way."'

And he looks unsure and turns around tells her "lets just stay here until we figure it out." But then he just stares at her for a while. You know Rick has different stares and I can't figure this one out (sorry I don't have a gif for this either). I can't tell if he is seeking her approval or what. It almost seems like he has something else he wants to say. Any thoughts?

I also notice that this is when he starts listening to her. She suggests he gets some rest one more day and he doesn't push back. Whipped Rick in the making. lol!

I love how Michonne and Rick go out on the porch and are looking at Carl because they both know something is wrong with them and then they exchange a look. This is where co-parenting really began. :)

Ms.J.Richonne, luv and Denie39 like this.
  11. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I love this episode so much mostly because this is when Michonne tells Carl about Andre, and he says, "your secret is safe with me", so darn sweet. I also love it because I was at the edge of my seat the entire time he dove under the bed and was so scared for Rick. And another reason I love this episode is this was the Birth of the Murder Coat.

Ms.J.Richonne, luv and Denie39 like this.
  12. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    tumblr_o448clohzF1v0e06wo1_1280.jpg

zahira likes this.
  13. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Michrick, I think that you are right he is seeking her approval, not only seeking but praying(with baited breath) that she will agree to stay with him and Carl.

Claimed is definitely one of my favorite episodes for the Carchonne and Richonne moments, I love Abe, Glenn and company, but Grimes Family 2.0 is where my heart is.

When Rick looks at Michonne walk away out of the kitchen and away from the house with Carl, he looks like he is hypnotized (he's got it bad).

14. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    This one of my favorite episodes because of the good old fashioned suspense with Rick inside the house and Michonne telling Carl about Andre. I need to watch it again!

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  15. Denie39

Walker Pets:
    I done forgot what went on with Glenn+Abe+ Co. Wasn't he trying to find Maggie? Is this the episode where Eugene's secret comes out?

16. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No, that happens in S5. Glenn and Tara just got introduced to Abe, Eugene, and Rosita last episode, and in this episode Glenn wants to break off to search for Maggie. The bit with GREAT seemed tacked on and misplaced since everything after is a Grimes 2.0 bottle episode. But I guess they really wanted to quickly follow up with the cliff hanger they had last episode :lol:

#16 Gooey Goobert, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Denie39 likes this.
  17. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I just re-watched this episode recently and forgot how great it is. This really is the beginning of Grimes 2.0. Plus, Ninja Rick is everything. He cannot catch a break.

Ms.J.Richonne and Denie39 like this.
  18. Denie39

Walker Pets:
    Right! That happened while part of the group was at the church. I got confused.

19. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    At that point Rick was unsure of himself. He wants to know what she thinks. Is this a good or bad idea. He just lost the prison. He had that fight with the governor and almost died. Carl was angry at him and blaming him for everything. I'm pretty sure he was blaming himself. He was questioning his leadership. He needed reassurance and I think she gave that to him.

luv and michrick like this.
  20. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Sometimes I like to think there's only Crimes Family 2.0, and skip the other scenes when I watch the DVD. But I do like Tara though, so there's that. Lol