1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Clues! Clues everywhere! #WhoIsIt

Discussion in '6x16: Last Day on Earth' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 4, 2016.

?

Now that you've viewed the finale, has it changed your mind about who is getting Lucilled?

1. Daryl

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Glenn

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Abraham

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. A-A-Ron

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Eugene

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Rick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Carl

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Michonne

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Maggie (Gleggie baby)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sasha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Rosita

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Agreed. Also Abe is going to be instrumental in All Out War. I can feel it.

Shown and thesamurai like this.
  2. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When Glenn said "it's going to go wrong out here" in 6.15, I wonder if that was any foreshadowing?

LunaFall likes this.
  3. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    short term: them getting kidnapped.
    slightly longer term: Everything that happened in 6.16.
    beyond that, I can't say for certain.

4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    LOL this made me laugh, I had to share some humor in the thread bc it's too funny. Norman is so crazy :roflmao:
    image.jpeg

Shown and Lickidesplit like this.
  5. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That is funny.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Is it just me or does Negan flick is eyes to the left (to the right of the victim) when he says, "You can cry"?

[​IMG]
    (x)

Who was to the right of Abe?

[​IMG]

Michonne.

Who was the right of Daryl?

[​IMG]

Rosita.

Just things that make you go "hmm."

7. Glennisbae

Glennisbae Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    The evidence is piling high against Daryl, yet I'm still somehow expecting them to throw out all logic and kill Glenn anyway.

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Someone messaged me on Tumblr and said it's Abraham because during TTD, Gimple said fans would try to "Zapruder" the scene (referring to the Kennedy assassination video filmed by Zapruder) and Kirkman said that was a hint. Zapruder's first name is Abraham.

I wonder if that was staged though, or of Kirkman was trolling. Either way, it is a mark in Abe's column.

9. Glennlives2016

Glennlives2016 Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    I will say this. Whilst I realise my name might show a bias and it's true Glenn is my favourite character, If they kill Glenn the continuity errors would make it hard for me to keep watching.

I don't care about the cliffhanger, I even think Glenn getting the bat is a suitably important enough way for Glenn to go.
    But my biggest flaw (and even curse) when watching TV and Movies is I notice the little things. As people have pointed out with the lighting, positioning and with Negan Acknowledging a person either side of Glenn, Glenn dying would be a continuity error.

10. The final POV shots JDM did on his own without any of the other cast therefore any "tells" he gives I think is irrelevant. I don't think the show will be consistent in its continuity in this regard.

Basically, JDM just did his own thing, looked around, try to add character to the scene but it doesn't actually hint at who dies. Position is irrelevant, they'll just choose someoene regardless if it makes sense.

11. Glennlives2016

Glennlives2016 Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Perhaps. But I would hope they would have directed JDM to do certain things to keep with continuity. I hope we can give them enough credit that they would know who they were going to kill when they made it, and made sure he killed them and not effectively someone else.

michonne and Doctor Grimes like this.
  12. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Nicotero did say he was very explicit in directing that scene so JDM would have the characters in mind. That's what makes me think JDM's eye movements mean something. It looks like he's addressing people. I guess we'll see.

13. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yep. That's why I hate the cliffhanger, people are gonna latch onto every word of dialogue ever said as an evidence for another 6 months. And 99.9% of it is gonna be stretching it.

I can just feel it's Abe, BUT what was the point of him not getting his comic book death if he was just gonna die 2 (3) episodes later? It can be argued that it was done because they just don't want to kill any more major characters, but you don't do that if you're not gonna continue his arc. I think we need to see Abe fight in All-Out War and maybe be a major casualty during the war.

To be honest, the only piece of evidence that I find possibly reliable is POV shots throughout the episode. It seems like POV shots were from only one person (first in the truck and then during the line-up). So if the person getting Lucilled is not a person from the truck, that would be breaking their own choice of how they chose to show the episode. And since Daryl and Michonne are obviously not gonna die and I don't see Rosita dying, then it only leaves us with Glenn.

LunaFall and Doctor Grimes like this.
  14. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think Abe will be instrumental in AOW too which is why I believe he's a red herring (well a redhead herring). Kirkman saying Zapruder is a clue only confirms the trolling, plus Abe's shoehorned in convos.

Gimple said he's been thinking about this death a long time. Abe just doesn't fit that pattern. He has none of the Gimple-isms surrounding him.

Glenn and Daryl have weird Gimple breadcrumbs all over them, but I think Daryl's are more subtle, but significant.

I just think it has to be Daryl. When he got knocked unconscious by Dwight, it was with a baseball bat, he came to consciousness 3 times before waking up (like the van shots). Daryl is the the one who meddled with Negan's property (Tina).

michonne likes this.
  15. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Clues are definitely there and it would defnitely make sense if what was in the show was everything that mattered. BUT let's be honest, AMC is not gonna let Gimple kill off their cashcow. No way. Lately I've been noticing less and less "If Daryl dies, we riot" people, but they're still out there. They buy Daryl merchandise and they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Lickidesplit and DixonGrimes like this.

16. Hopefully there's continuity but I don't have much faith.

For example, the last shot we see before the POV stuff is of Rick and what appears to be Negan's shadow moving to Rick's left. Sasha, Carl, Aaron and Eugene are there.

However, he the next part appears to be motioning to Carl from the other side of the line when he delivers his "cut the boys eye out" line... but that doesn't make much sense as he should be near Carl.

I guess an explanation is that when we saw that last clip of Rick, there was some more off-screen movement but then why show the shadow of Negan? It's all really weird.

michonne likes this.
  17. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If my theory (and Austins interview statements) about Dwight wanting Daryl alive are true then I think this could hold true for Glenn too and if that's the case....then I think Abe is lucielled. I totally agree he would help in AOW but why would Negan want to keep someone alive who he knows is strong. The goodbye scene with Eugene and I think Sasha will get Michonnes comic arc.

LunaFall likes this.
  18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol is most likely getting Michonne's arc since she's now on the Kingdom's doorstep. I do think Sasha will end up getting Holly's at some point (which upsets me, she deserves better).

DixonGrimes, Fana and LunaFall like this.
  19. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I completely agree. They are definitly there. All actors have a fan base but Normans are the most intense. Before the finale Normans Instagram started getting flooded with millions of the "we will riot" photos. Negan could have said "batter up Daryl" and everything lol and the premiere happens and it's someone else. AMC just likes their money too much. I desperately want Carol to die but I know it will never happen anytime soon.

20. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i think the victim of negan will be someone who is near carl because :[​IMG]here negan is surprised that a kid like carl doesn't cry so maybe he wants him to cry .