1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Clues! Clues everywhere! #WhoIsIt

Discussion in '6x16: Last Day on Earth' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 4, 2016.

?

Now that you've viewed the finale, has it changed your mind about who is getting Lucilled?

1. Daryl

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Glenn

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Abraham

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. A-A-Ron

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Eugene

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Rick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Carl

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Michonne

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Maggie (Gleggie baby)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sasha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Rosita

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Katana

Katana Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Exactly.
    Is also exactly why Glenn doesn't have to die to convince her to go to the hilltop.
    Rick, Carl, Abe, Aaron, Eugene and Sasha wouldn't be outside of Alexandria IF it wasn't for getting her to help. This whole line-up was possible because of her being ill. Someone's going to die. I don't think she will want to put her family at risk again after, until some resolve of this issue with Negan occurs. Cause they would do it again when the time comes. Why not go and stay where the resources are?

2. hjk410

hjk410 Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    To me, the POV scenes in the van just makes me think it has to be Daryl. But without a doubt, the final POV scene where the door opens has to be Glenn's, but the first three POV scenes have to be Daryl, especially the one where you see a hand pressed up to the door, and Daryl is right in front of the door. The episode begins with Daryl's POV and it ends with Daryl's POV. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  3. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Another clue about glenncille : "Steven ogg " said to Rick this could be his 'Last Day on Earth' or it could someone Rick . Steven ogg = Steven yeun = Glenn :lol::|

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree. The last shot doesn't gel with the previous three -- and Daryl is the only one who makes sense for the first three POV shots.

5. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also wondered why they would kill Abe so soon after not killing him, and then I read a theory that Abe didn't get his comic book death so that he could get a more significant death - the Lucille death. That makes sense to me. But at the same time, I read the comic book wiki and Rick's comment (during AOW) that he wished Abe was around because he's so good at planning made me think they must be keeping Abe around to help plan and fight and be part of AOW.

But why show those POV scenes in the finale if they don't hold some significance? Someone at TSDF suggested the first episode of season 7 will be from the POV of the captured four since we don't know what happened to them after they were taken. If Abe is the victim, maybe that's the significance of the finale POV? Seems kind of lame, but it's the reason I can no longer decide between Abe and Glenn. I feel it's one of the two.

I really agree with you about Sasha getting Holly's. It's the reason I leaned so heavily toward Abe being the Lucille victim a while ago.

6. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think the povs are from all four people that's why their different. One of the povs is up close and blurry which is Daryl's I think the one showing the top of Daryl's head is
    Michonne's because she's sitting behind Daryl. Pov showing Daryl's hand could be rosita seeing this because she wouldn't see his head but she can see his hand raised. And the doors opening up could be Glenn's. Daryl's the one sitting by the door, So in all these pov shots it comes back to Daryl. Or maybe they wanted the audience to see it from their pov by panning the camera out each time to show who's head and hand we were seeing.

Jenna Alaki likes this.
  7. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Also i said this before Daryl was the first one out the van so you would think he would be put beside Abraham. But Michonne is put beside him why show Daryl getting out of the van before Michonne, But when it comes to the line up she's before him. So it goes back to the pov showing Daryl being the first out of the van. I also noticed that as bright as that light was when they opened the van doors Daryl was the only one lit up everybody else was in a shadow, Or could just be me looking at the lighting different.

#387 LaToya78, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. Katana

Katana Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Not sure if it means anything added to it..... Rhee, Espinosa, Dixion, No name, Ford.
    Rhee, Espinosa, Dixion... Red

9. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    RED FORD?

A subliminal car commercial? Or perhaps indicating that Abraham is going to get a whole lotta red on him pretty soon.

I always thought it was possible they did the positioning the way they did as a callback to "Too Far Gone".

10. portumnus

portumnus Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Hi... New here... I just wanted to point out some possible big clues that I havent seen mentioned yet anywhere. There are two hanged men in that episode (finale/cliffhanger/6). Both were notable. The cameras and music really made you feel the brevity of these unknown men's deaths (foreshadowing for sure, in both scenes ... one of these men Morgan finds while he's out dealing with the Carol situation, the other is the obvious SYMBOL thrown down as a sinister threat from the Saviors from the overpass). Both men have brown hair. The first one, (the one Morgan finds) if you had to compare him to anyone in our group, he most resembles Eugene. The other one looks less like Eugene, but he does in personality and under those circumstances resemble Eugene's former scardy-cat wimpy-ness personality.

So let's take the theory that they are clues and then couple that with the big dramatic goodbye that Eugene gives. And of course the plans he gives Rick for bullet manufacturing. For me, that whole scene was emotional.. It was amazing character development. And his incredible courage, and very touching pride, as he drives off alone in that RV. Powerful scene.
    Another clue that it is Eugene who gets Lucille'd is the fact that that main guy under Neegan (the one who keeps taunting them about their "last day on earth") clearly says to Rick at the first roadblock, "You might want to be nice to those people in that RV... you never know when it will be your last day"... He doesnt simply say, "you might want to be nice to your people". He says "people in that RV" That was very notable to me. Who is in the RV?? Well, Eugene and Abraham certainly are.
    I am also not sold totally on the POV theory. The POV could just be a way to confuse us or it could not be a clue at all, or it could be Glen's after all. I like the theory, I am just not totally sold on it right now.
    But Eugene... with his new found courage, Eugene WOULD man up at the last moment, and TAKE IT LIKE A CHAMP.
    Also all of the characters have a sort of remarkable love/forgiveness for Eugene. He occupies a soft spot in all of their hearts. He is a bit like a child to them all. For Rosita, this love is strong (not sexual, I mean a protective big sister love)... also Tara... Abraham.. Rick.. I think many of the audience, including myself, have gone from being completely annoyed by him to really loving him.
    I think losing Eugene would emotionally gut the other characters (as a family unit) in a way that no other murder by Lucille would. The one guy they took for granted and yet also protected because they felt compassion for his extreme fear... In the end they could not protect him from an even more horrible death then any they could have previously imagined. That would totally gut them all. It would hurt badly. Eugene represents the scared child in every single one of them, symbolically.
    My question is, has anyone seen footage of Eugene filming season 7?
    I dont want it to be Eugene. That would be super sad for me. But I REALLY REALLY REALLY dont want to see Glenn go... more so. He's a great actor and a joy to watch.
    Also, if two characters die, and one IS Abraham after all... This scenerio would slam dunk that whole scene... Because OF COURSE Abraham would flip out beyond reason and sanity if he saw Eugene getting so brutally attacked. Abraham would jump up for anyone, but if it were Eugene... Abraham would lose it on a whole other level.

#390 portumnus, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    deadaddict likes this.
  11. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I forgot about this thread ...And Daryl still has the most votes? Lol :laugh:

I always knew Glenn would die. TWD foreshadowed it.

Denie39 likes this.
  12. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for sharing your theory with us! It is really well thought-out and indeed there are many clues pointing to Eugene being a victim. That theory about hanged men symbolizing Eugene is very interesting. There are clues like that for most of the characters in the line-up to keep people guessing and tons of theories popped up following the finale.

If you want a conclusive answer on whether it is Eugene or not, I'm gonna put it in the spoiler so click on it if you want confirmation.
    It's not Eugene. He's been seen filming post 7x01, notably in his bullet factory. If you wish to know who is Lucilled, then, I'm putting it in another spoiler.
    It's Abraham who dies in the last scene of season 6 and after Daryl's interference Negan will kill Glenn as well.

13. portumnus

portumnus Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Oh man. Okay, thank you for that reply and information. If this is true... I feel like we got seriously faked out with Eugene's big goodbye.... and that feels lacking in integrity a bit. However ... Maybe that first episode will more than make up for the fake out. Hope so.

I have NEVER gotten online to discuss a fictional story or TV show in my life before now, LOL.
    TWD has me so flippen wrapped up in the story that I am questioning my sanity ;)

14. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Welcome to the club :)

DarkandStormy and Denie39 like this.
  15. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Welcome to the family, here we're all questioning our sanity sometimes :rickgrin:
    We hope you have a good time here. We're all excited for the premiere!

DarkandStormy and Denie39 like this.
  16. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When I watched the finale -
    I was 99% sure about Abe. This being before any spoilers and such. His scenes that episode all read as a "goodbye" to me. And looking back further, much of his season 6 material felt like an extended goodbye (his scenes with Glenn, about starting a family, especially.)

Mousey likes this.