1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic predictions

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by Kordas, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So issue 164 cover is out. And I'm basically :dalewtf:

[​IMG]

The description:
    Maggie leads the survivors from the Hilltop to Alexandria... to see it overrun with the dead.

So again, :dalewtf:.

We know Maggie, Carl, and baby Hershel survive the war, but... has Alexandria really fallen? And Hilltop? Still no Rick on the cover, but I'm pretty sure it's just :troll: :kirkman:

What do y'all think is gonna happen?

WoodEroc76 and zahira like this.
  2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm worried for Rick's fate but not just yet. Maybe issue #200 though. :daleeye:

3. Kordas

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm 99% sure Rick is OK, but Alexandria's fate is what worries me.

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    See, I'm the opposite. Alexandria may fall, but they'll end up rebuilding again. I don't think Rick is gonna kick it just yet and especially not off screen.

5. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I believe Kirkman is now writing the comic in a way to lengthen the TV show. Seeing the logistics of have several communities on the show (plus costs) I can see us losing a community in the comics as a TV decision further down the line.

I also believe whichever characters take a more central stage in the comics going forward reflects who is willing to stay on the show for the long-hall.

I could be completely wrong.

zahira likes this.
  6. WoodEroc76

WoodEroc76 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I love the #164 cover. I don't think Rick or Negan is dead, either. Now that apparently ASZ and Hilltop have fallen, I suppose they're off to Ohio? I'm really hoping for Rick and Negan to be stuck together on the road. That could be a great "odd couple" pairing with some good comedic moments and helping Negan to fully change. It would be interesting seeing Carl and Maggie's reactions to the pairing, as well.

7. Kordas

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It would certainly be cool.

However, I doubt they're just gonna leave it all behind and go to Ohio. Kingdom is still standing. Sanctuary is as well. I think they're gonna want to fight to regain both ASZ and Hilltop.

Of curse, Ohio group was introduced for a reason so I don't really know where Kirkman is going with this storyline yet.

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  8. WoodEroc76

Walker Pets:
    Sanctuary and Kingdom aren't really trustworthy allies, though. Those are where I'd try to go. I'd try the Kingdom first. If Negan survived the Sanctuary is a bigger risk. The comics are hard to predict because Kirkman can flip everything around on a dime.

9. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Okay so I lied and didn't post after I got off work but anyways, here's basically what I've predicted in the Bunker about the Kingdom plot, now available in official post form:

Rick and Michonne agreed that Michonne should rule the Kingdom: Rick because he wants someone he trusts in the position, and Michonne because she feels like she owes it to the people of The Kingdom, who are in need of a leader after Ezekiel's death.

Meanwhile, newcomer William has become the de-facto leader in Ezekiel's absence, spurred on by Zachary, who distrusts Rick, and Michonne, aka the "one who ABANDONED us...who broke Ezekiel's heart."

With the Hilltop under literal fire and issue 164 confirming that the ASZ will be overrun, it is looking like the Sanctuary and the Kingdom are going to have to provide actual sanctuary for their allies. Michonne will definitely be going to the Kingdom at some point with intention of assuming a leadership role - everyone else's destination is less certain.

Either choice Rick makes will likely be met with some hostility or at least distrust, as the Saviors didn't even want to lend aid for the Whisperer War, and Zachary has a rather unflattering view of him. I'll focus on him and the Kingdom because I really haven't spared the Sanctuary much thought, although they will play a role going forward. Also, given all the development between Rick and Michonne lately, it makes sense that they'll end up in the same place after the ASZ falls and have some sort of plotline together. Also I dunno why Rick would go to the Sanctuary unless he had to lol.

William has stated that Ezekiel and Rick were friends, but also that he would do anything to protect the Kingdom, so if harboring Rick or Rick himself brings about some sort of threat to the Kingdom, that might at the very least put William and Rick at odds. Further, Michonne intends to become leader of the Kingdom - that conversation wouldn't have been so focused on if it wasn't going to play out in some significant way. She's not just gonna go, "Oh, William's the leader whatever lol" and go back to lone wolfing. She might not try to strong arm her way in, but there's going to be some sort of power struggle between the two.

Michonne and William's opinions on eachother and their fitness as leaders remains to be seen, but Zachary has stated that the people of the Kingdom would be divided between them, "some of the people loved her, some will follow her, but not all. Even if you [William] don't want to be leader, others will demand it." Therefore, no matter which one becomes the official leader of the Kingdom, there will be a division amongst the people, which is why I think William might propose a political union - perhaps by way of marriage, to keep with the whole medieval mess. Michonne might turn him down (seems likely) or decide that if it's what's best for the Kingdom, she'll go along with it.

Given that she just had a life-altering conversation in which she basically put away her endless guilt and was told she should find something she loves and hold onto that, being forced into a marriage that could potentially rob her of that opportunity would be exactly the sort of miserable thing Kirkman might put upon her instead of Yet Another Dead Boyfriend.

William might make such a proposal because he thinks that's the best way to unify the Kingdom. Maybe he thinks he can control Michonne, or that she won't really interfere, or perhaps he actually does respect her potential leadership. Hell, maybe he'll end up being Michonne's "something she loves."

There might also be tension between Rick and Michonne on the horizon, as Rick has been getting pretty damn paranoid lately. He even questioned if Michonne would turn the Kingdom against him after she called him out about the Whisperers propaganda, and Michonne was interrupted before she could finish saying that of course she would never turn against him. If Michonne is made to marry or otherwise work with William as a co-leader, and William and Rick are also at odds, it would make sense for Michonne and Rick to butt heads as well, and Rick's paranoia to crop up again. The sort-of role-reversal with Michonne as a community leader and Rick as a refugee might make for an interesting dynamic.

It's possible Rick will eventually be kicked out of the Kingdom. The Alexandrians will blame him after the ASZ falls, Zachary doesn't trust him, and there could be resentment over the Kingdom sending their best fighters to die in the war as well. Maybe Michonne will be forced to choose between loyalty to Rick and what's best for her people.

Other random observations which might be related to stuff I've mentioned:

Rick pulled a gun on Michonne when she snuck into his house with the intention of helping Lydia. He assumed she was there to hurt Lydia initially, so the two best friends were sort of in a "fake-out" confrontation.

Andrea offhandedly mentioned Rick had yet to propose and seemed a little annoyed, so a wedding ceremony might affect Randrea somehow idk.

Rick told Maggie that he missed her and Michonne when he went to visit her a the Hilltop. All three of them (plus Andrea?) could be reunited at the Kingdom in a bittersweet way.

Hopefully the next few issues will give me more ideas of where the other characters are going plotwise, or maybe I just need to reread the last few issues more closely. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how far off I am anyway lmao.

#9 The Last Big Kat, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. WoodEroc76

Walker Pets:
    I got so caught up with the war currently going on, I forgot about the Michonne/Kingdom story line..Thanks @The Last Big Kat ! Kirkman did allude to Michonne leading them in TWD Magazine #17.:thumbsup:

11. Mewchonne

Mewchonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Kirky is such a terrible troll. For all we know this could mean that Maggie, Carl, and Hershel all die in the next issue. XD I wouldn't even take it to heart, honestly. I've had a hard time with predictions. I do think Negan is going to become an integral part of the good guy team.