1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Richonne

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by The Last Big Kat, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Is Comic Richonne going to be canon?

1. Yes, Kirkman has always intended Rick and Michonne to get together.

2. Yes, and Andrea is going to die.

3. Yes, and Rick and Michonne will have an affair.

4. Yes, and Rick/Michonne/Andrea will have a poly-amorous relationship.

5. No, Rick is with Andrea. Michonne will have a different long-term love interest.

6. No, Rick is with Andrea. Michonne will not have another love interest.

7. No, no matter what, Rick and Michonne will just stay friends.

8. Other option...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was tempted to put the title in all caps with multiple exclamation points because those are my feelings about this BUT ANYWAYS.

A place to talk about comic!Richonne, which is different in many ways from the TV couple (LIKE BEING UNJUSTLY UNCANON @Kirkman why), but similar in other ways.

The two most iconic characters in the comic have been through a lot together, from their slightly less tense meeting ("Hey lady!" - so romantic)...

[​IMG]

to chasing helicopters with Glenn and learning to trust eachother...kind of...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to finding eachother after the prison fell...
    [​IMG]

to being crazy together...
    [​IMG]

to getting knocked tf out!!!!!
    [​IMG]

to having graveyard chats...
    [​IMG]

to saying thank you...
    [​IMG]

to letting go of the fight...
    [​IMG]

to not lying and making bad promises...
    [​IMG]

to missing one another...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to hugging after tragedy...
    [​IMG]

to tearful confessions...
    [​IMG]

...and who knows what going forward.

2. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And anyways, for the bigass OP, let me just say...

[​IMG]

3. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I don't know!!!!! Lol I do think Andrea is going to die in this arc. And this is going to be a very unpopular opinion but I'm not a huge fan of comic Rick. Eeek! I said it. I don't totally dislike him, but I think I could still read the comics if he died. Lol.

I felt Rick/Andrea relationship was sudden. I didn't see it. I thought they were going to pair him with Michonne. It pains me to say this but as I'm thinking about it, I think they are going to remain good friends.

I really need to do a re- read.

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ah, comic Richonne. How much more pleasant the GN would be for me if they had been canon. The page when they're reunited, and Carl just leaps into her arms is my favourite. But you missed the best part:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I think it was an idea that was swimming in Kirkman's head, but then he ended up axing it. I do think either Andrea or Rick will die sometime before the end of the GN because Kirkman seems like the guy to kill off the duo with the mantra, "we don't die". I'm leaning way more towards Rick because it would be like passing the torch to Carl, but in the event that Andrea is killed--then yeah, I think they have a pretty good chance of going canon. But as it is now, nah, unfortunately. At least they have solid and beautiful friendship. It's definitely my favourite aspect of the GN.

5. Gooey Goobert

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's too stoic and wooden for me in the comic. This is why I vastly prefer TV Rick who wears his heart on his sleeve and shows a full spectrum of emotions.

6. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lol yeah, I could only put so many images in the OP so I cut some stuff out. Could've done separate posts I suppose...

Yeah and "We don't die," just sounds too ominous to me...

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  7. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This is it.

The Last Big Kat likes this.
  8. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When I first read the part where Andrea and Rick got together, my reaction was basically "...?"

Their relationship did seem sudden at the time. Upon re-read, I saw more of the build-up, but the build-up itself seemed weird. Mostly because I didn't really get why Andrea was suddenly important/close enough to Rick to ride in the car with him to the ASZ and stay in the first house with him, Carl, and Morgan while Michonne goes into the second house with everyone else...

I also love TV Rick a lot more than Comic Rick haha. I noticed some of the aspects I don't like as much about Comic Rick they gave to other characters in the show, like his constant broody self-doubt and questioning his decisions (it's fine in small doses but goddamn), and him claiming to have only really cared about Lori and his kids until the end of the ASZ arc.

Also Andy's performance adds so much depth to the guy haha.

I love both versions of Michonne about the same and appreciate them as different characters, but I'm like Super In Love with TV!Michonne. Probably in part because of Danai, since I'm got a dumb crush on her too lol.

9. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think Kirkman was building up for Richonne to happen in the comic, but then changed his mind and paired Rick with Andrea instead. He tried to build them up about ten chapters before they kissed, but it wasn't enough imo It felt forced because build up wasn't there.

I think Andrea is going to die in this current arc. If she really does die we'll see in time if Kirkman will put Rick and Michonne together.

10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I always kinda wondered if since TV!Richonne went canon if Kirkman feels pressure to add that to the comics...

11. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sees all that potential he's been missing out on....

...or maybe this just plays into his plans. 8-I

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  12. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, Andrea and Rick really only interacted in the ASZ arc, and they went from 0-60 real fast. Maybe Kirkman decided to put Rick and Andrea together because he wanted Rick to be in a more stable position for awhile, and wanted more time to explore Michonne's emotional issues later on, before eventually putting Rick and Michonne together.

A few moments have made me wonder if he does intend to have R/A/M be a threesome though......

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  13. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You know I have thought about a RAM threesome cause I'm trash, but overall I don't think it's gonna happen, just because threesomes are rare to come by in entertainment (especially if the characters are three main characters).

14. Deep_Ricking

Deep_Ricking I like it raw.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I had a thought that comic Michonne was in love with Rick, and she tries to get over it by dating Morgan then Ezekiel.

15. Gooey Goobert

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That was my problem with Andrea/Rick. There was buildup, but it was heavily accelerated and just bit too forced. I've warmed up to them now, but I don't actively ship them. I'm just ok with their presence.

What were those moments that made you think of Andrea/Rick/Michonne threesome? I would laugh if that happened, mostly because it reminds me of the Lori/Rick/Carol threesome that never took off.

16. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I hope not... because Kirkman is too limited to pull it off. Not the most progressive man either... he didn't even give Michonne a last name...and didn't realise it until it was brought to his attention. He never saw Michonne as a "full" 3d character.

17. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    One of the moments actually is that Lori/Rick/Carol threesome that never was, lol. Since Lori and Rick rejected it due to them being too traditional or whatever, Rick ending up in a threesome later could show how society/his perception of what's "normal" changed.

Another reason is some of Kirkman's build up for Randrea involved Andrea also talking to her dead SO like Rick and Michonne did (via Dale's hat), so it kinda gives all three of them this similar...thing. Andrea and Michonne don't interact much, but they did agree about the Hilltop people being weak. They're both close to Rick in similar ways, like he looks to them for leadership advice at points, and they support his feelings/tell him to get over himself. Kirkman's built up/established both relationships as important to Rick.

[​IMG]
    One of the last images before the time skip involves both Andrea and Michonne physically supporting Rick.

Rick being bothered by Michonne's joke about "Andrea having something to worry about" in reference to Magna and Rick denying that he'd ever do that to someone (but he is speaking generally here, instead of saying he'd never do that to Andrea specifically), but that doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of a certain relationship arrangement.

When Rick confronts Alpha and threatens her, he puts "Andrea and Michonne" on the same level, and then everyone else is just put under "[his] people."

Rick says he's happier than he's ever been with Andrea, but he also said in a conversation with Maggie that despite being happy, he misses Michonne, so that might mean that although his relationship with Andrea isn't lacking in anything, and he's capable of being happy, he still wants Michonne.

Michonne's arc seems to me to be suggesting she'll find someone that makes her happy, and that might not specifically be Rick, but since that conversation was immediately followed by her saying "I love you," to him, Kirkman might have her find happiness with Rick, and that might not involve Andrea dying.

I'm not 100% convinced it'll go the RAM direction, but then I'm not even 30% convinced of any particular direction he could take. I see signs everywhere for everything, frankly. :B

18. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I am still holding out to comic Richonne coming true, as long as Andrea does not die

19. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    That's why Michonne doesn't have a last name because he just never gave her one, and didn't realize it till someone else brought it up. Not because she was this mysterious badass in the beginning, but basically it never came to his mind to give her one. So freaking ridiculous.

The GN is still going on. He can still give her one. Plus, that's no excuse for Michonne not to have one on the TV show. They changed Jesus last name from Monroe to Rovia on the show because it conflicted with Deanna and Reg Monroe. But they couldn't give Michonne a last name. :sasha:

They need to get out of here with that bull:poo:.

#19 box5angel, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  20. Susannah Dean

Susannah Dean Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:

I like this RAM moment:

[​IMG]