1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Richonne

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by The Last Big Kat, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Is Comic Richonne going to be canon?

1. Yes, Kirkman has always intended Rick and Michonne to get together.

2. Yes, and Andrea is going to die.

3. Yes, and Rick and Michonne will have an affair.

4. Yes, and Rick/Michonne/Andrea will have a poly-amorous relationship.

5. No, Rick is with Andrea. Michonne will have a different long-term love interest.

6. No, Rick is with Andrea. Michonne will not have another love interest.

7. No, no matter what, Rick and Michonne will just stay friends.

8. Other option...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh yeah! I knew there was one I was forgetting.

Susannah Dean likes this.
  2. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think it will ever be canon. I really like their relationship in the comics, but I don't see it going romantic because of Andrea. I doubt she's dying anytime soon and Rick will certainly not leave her/cheat on her. In theory, it could go the threesome way, but I don't see that happening at all.

In my opinion, they will stay best friends and Michonne will find another love interest.

3. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I love how well split the poll is. No one can call us a hivemind. :lol:

Do I want comic Richonne to go canon? Oh HELL yes. They're my two favorite characters by a mile and have been for a very, very long time. Their bond is really special. I've always thought of them as having a bond so strong it transcends your typical "dating or friends" labels, because they have a shared nonverbal conversation and relationship. They understand each other without having to say a word, even if Rick does take her for granted some when he gets in his own head (but on the flipside, she pushes him away, so it's still semi-reciprocal give and take). I've always seen Rick and Michonne a stronger relationship than Rick and Andrea, because you could see their bond years before he got with Andrea relatively out of the blue and rather one-sided on her part.

Do I think Kirkman will actually make it happen? Eh, probably not because he adores Andrea, even if Michonne is still right up there with her in his heart. In a perfect world, Rick would be the one to break her cycle of relationships with men who were unattainable and/or with whom she couldn't connect because of her pain. But if he's dead set on keeping Randrea, I want him to give Michonne a healthy relationship already, damn. Let the woman live!

4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I voted No matter what they will stay friends. They have a way better more intimate relationship than him and Andrea do. And I always wondered why Kirkman didn't put them together. Heck Comic Richonne seems more intimate than tv Richonne. Jmo

5. CordeliaMathews

CordeliaMathews Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    It is a possibility. I am not sure if Kirkman even knows the answer to this question yet. I don't see Rick cheating, but conflicts can happen within a war that can tear people apart. Randrea is not an unbreakable romance. I always thought it was weird that Rick called Michonne his best friend while also claiming that his relationship with Andrea is so strong. I would be pissed if TV Rick called a women who is not TV Michonne his best friend. I am not particularly invested in who sleeps with who in the comics, as overall I do not think the comics are nearly as good as the show. However, comic Richonne would be interesting.

Gekari and Susannah Dean like this.
  6. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I voted they will stay friends til the end basically don't see it happening even though you never really know with Kirkman. I do think there will be a major death down the line within the next year of the comic of either Rick or Andrea but lately I've been leaning towards the spec that Kirkman will kill Rick which is another reason why I don't think it will happen in the comic. I do think the only way it would happen is if Andrea is dies. I just don't see Andrea and Rick breaking up because they seem to have gotten into a comfortable rhythm. I don't see any type of polygamous relationship and I highly doubt there will be any affair.

My only ships in the comic are Jesus and Aaron and Michonne and 'Happiness' so I don't really care either way how this shakes out. I just want comic Michonne to not be as tortured as she is.

#26 Walkingonsunshine, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  7. Mewchonne

Mewchonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I would absolutely love to see a polyamorous relationship involving all three of them. Talk about indestructible...plus, satisfaction all around. I feel like Rick in the comics might not put out as much as Andrea wants, a little Michonne would help tie everything together. xD

No matter what happens, I just want Comic Michonne happy, I feel like we are the same person, and so many people hate her so much and I kinda take it personally, but all I want is for her to be happy.