1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Could Carol be a female Rick

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Motherdick, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Motherdick

Motherdick Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    It's just a random thought , but it seems like rick and carol agree to disagree on things at different moments for example carol killed Karen and divided for the good of the people rick killed Shane for the good of the people . to me it seems like carol was on that same track of being kinda like rick but unlike rick she kept a list of people she killed poor girl . but in some ways rick and carol or alike at least to me they are anyway

2. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick and Carol are alike in a couple of ways. They would both kill for the ones they love (past tense for Carol) and they love very deeply. Other than that, I think they are very different. The biggest difference I see is that Carol abandoned her family. For all this talk about Carol saving the day, she peaced out in war time when they needed her most. Rick would never do that.

Latrice, SevenStars, tuswig and 11 others like this.
  3. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    It's been a while since I watched the early seasons but didn't Rick kill Shane because Shane was going to kill him? I Just think Carol killing Karen and David was a different situation than what happened between Rick and Shane. Other than them both being strong characters that know how to survive I don't see very many similarities between them.

Latrice, SevenStars, Noshiko and 14 others like this.
  4. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    No she's not. She abandoned her people, whereas Rick would go to the ends of the earth for them. Completely different. And Rick would never have killed Karen and David, even now, even when he claims she was right :ugh:. That scene annoyed me so much because it wasn't in his character.

Latrice, SevenStars, tuswig and 19 others like this.
  5. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I don't trust Carol; she's unstable and unpredictable. I trust Rick wholeheartedly. He has a heart of gold. They are two very different characters.

SevenStars, tuswig, Noshiko and 11 others like this.
  6. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
  7. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    What everyone else said. Rick killed Shane because Shane was trying to kill him and wouldn't have stopped because he thought Rick couldn't protect Lori, Carl, and his unborn baby. Carol is not a leader. She puts herself first whereas Rick does the exact opposite. Carol is manipulative where Rick is honest and straight forward. She doesn't display leadership traits so it's irksome to me that people and TPTB are always touting her as a leader, queen of the ZA and the savior of the show when she's clearly not. She lacks the psychological strength to be like Rick. The obvious female equivalent of Rick is Michonne. Now I wonder why she's always overlooked in favor of Carol??

SevenStars, MrsG, tuswig and 9 others like this.
  8. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Michonne is the female Rick.

Motherdick, MrsG, Noshiko and 8 others like this.
  9. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Agreed to this, Carol is so different than Rick . Rick cares about his people and Carol not. She is crying all days for nothing and she ran away from her family . Not cool not cool .
    [​IMG]

10. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I've heard people say that Carol is the female version of Rick on various forums but I don't agree. Michonne is the female version of Rick and even Gimple referred to them as kindred spirits. Carol's mindset has always been different from Rick and she did leave the group for her own selfish reasons. She didn't even try to reach out to Rick to discuss what she was going through.

11. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Nope he is not. None is a saint . But at least he stays with people he loves.
    [​IMG]

SevenStars, MrsG, tuswig and 8 others like this.
  12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I get why Carol left and I am glad she did. The group is just so messed up and they don't act like a family anymore so I would probably leave too.

13. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Ok so if you really think that why do you want Caryl to happen ? Daryl is a part of that family who is so messed up ...
    [​IMG]

tuswig, Noshiko, WalkerVoodoo and 4 others like this.
  14. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Right. I like Carol but they are not the same. And that is okay. The fact that they both entered the apocalypse on two different spectrum, one in search of his family while the other was trapped in her family (and a victim of abuse). Other than them being strong survivors that can be brutal in order to protect themselves and others, they are VERY different.

As for her abandoning the family...I side-eye the writers. They had this woman looking out a window in the morning looking in the direction of the prison and when it was on fire and people appeared to be in danger, she went to them even though she had been banished. How that woman than decides to leave them when they are in danger again really doesn't make much sense to me other than the writers needing her departure to be a way to introduce another community. Reasoning was super thin. I would have expected her to leave prior to Denise being killed after they killed all those Saviors. I don't think that was the case in the show. That is my opinion.

15. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol is not a female Rick. They're both survivors who have had to remake themselves in order to live in the new world but they have more differences than similarities.

Rick used his background as a deputy, his morality, his instincts and his utter devotion to his family to keep his loved ones safe and to ascend to reluctant leadership. He is fallible, is capable of extreme violence but every decision he makes (when he is of sound mind) is with his family in mind. He leads because he has to.

Carol only became strong after she was shown the way by Rick, Daryl and others in her group. She should be given all the credit in the world after morphing from skittish, abused housewife to the very capable survivor she became. Many would just give up, but Carol kept on.

Rick gave up his gun in order to show his son a less violent life. Again, his decisions are based on what is best for his family. Carol gave up her violent ways due to her own inner struggles. She was done with killing and wanted to escape.

Rick has a warrior's heart and worthy of his leadership mantle. Carol is a reluctant soldier.

The two can and should be a part of each other's lives but they are definitely very very different people.

SevenStars, MrsG, tuswig and 11 others like this.
  16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My opinion is Gimple sucks at writing the group as a family that they once were. And I want Caryl to happen and for them to stay at the Kingdom together. I think it would be better for both of them. Daryl needs to be his own man and not do things because Rick wants him too. Rick has his family now. So I want my favs to be happy and I think they need to start over to do it. You don't agree and that is fine.

box5angel likes this.
  17. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree they needed someone to introduce the Kingdom and take Michonne's shitty comic arc. And Carol is the unlucky one to get that.

18. accioval

accioval Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Carol literally left a note that told them not to come after her, and then Rick as well as Morgan went out of their way even after that to find her and bring her back. Rick is the leader of Alexandria, and he has everybody to account for, so I don't know what else Rick could have done for Carol.

SevenStars, MrsG, tuswig and 10 others like this.
  19. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree with this. I love Carol, but a lot of the writing in S6 was so contrived and it made no sense for Carol to leave when she did.... pacing was a big problem and the dragging on of NWO caused so much cutting and cramming in the back half.

20. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    There was nothing for him to do. I just hate the way the writing has been for the group. It is my opinion that not many agree with. I guess I am just used to family and friends noticing when things are wrong with each other. And would like to see more of that on the show.