1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Could Carol be a female Rick

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Motherdick, Nov 27, 2016.

1. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace hearts still beating
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    NO.

[​IMG]

Rick my favorite character and Carol my least favorite are almost nothing alike. Extremely different people IMO. Carol killing Karen and David will NEVER be justified no matter how many times the writers contrively write Rick admitting as such. It cannot be compared to what Rick did with Shane, who was actively trying to kill him.

2. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I like Carol but you are so right @QueenofPeace. The writers need to stop trying to justify her killing Karen and David because it's just silly at this point since we all know that her killing them didn't actually help anyone. It also makes Rick look foolish and makes me question his judgment for consigning her actions. It would almost be better if they ignored that moment than to try to rewrite history and pretend she did the right thing.

3. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I haven't seen this episode in a while, but having her back solely for the kids STILL tells me she wouldn't just leave Alexandria, a community with children in it including Judith and others, as well as a community with a pregnant woman in it, Maggie. She was so concerned about Maggie in Tomorrow Not Yet and then she left when she was still in danger? Just doesn't ring true to me. You would have to ignore a lot of what she did prior to those last two or so episodes to get there.

4. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Rick is his family . I think They are bound and Daryl seems to love Rick more than Carol . He is not his shadow but his friend, and family

[​IMG]

#44 zahira, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    LadyJ, QueenofPeace and vicarious70 like this.
  5. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Note: Carol would have bailed when all signs of danger were gone like when TF was in the church after the 5x1 premiere. They had not been attacked by the Terminus people yet. They had food. They had shelter. They were together. She wandered off then ready to leave if it wasn't for Daryl. It just doesn't seem like Carol to leave while the family is in the middle of conflict.

6. Michroolz

Michroolz Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hmmm, I don't know, I'm in Team 'Carol has always blamed (hated) Rick for Sophia's death' and everything she has done up to now has been self-serving and manipulative so I'm probably not the best one to comment.:)

LadyJ, Latrice, QueenofPeace and 7 others like this.
  7. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Their original premise is somewhat similar--trapped in a marriage with a child. After that, they take a diverging path. It's interesting, actually, that the two lose their children roughly around the same time--Sophia goes missing, and Carl is shot.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  8. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    She did! People are rewriting history. Carol told Rick she wasn't leaving without them and he told her it was no life for them out there and they we're safer at the prison. Carol told Tyreese she came back to the prison for them so she was prepared to either steal them or fight for them.

Carol is more of an antihero than most of the characters. Her conscious crisis comes from doing some pretty bad things.

She and Rick arent similar at all, never have been. They rarely agree on much either.

MrsG, nat_richonne, FLNatural and 2 others like this.
  9. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I dunno. I always thought Carol and Rick had some similarities. Andy even said something along the line of Carol and Rick thinking the same:

"We're all very close in personality types. Rick looks in Carol's eyes and knows that's a person who can pull the trigger. So there's a commonality that plays out between the three of them that makes it really interesting to act, because there's an almost telepathic thing where you go, "I know what you're thinking because I'm thinking the same s--t.""​

MamaGrimes and Gooey Goobert like this.
  10. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Maybe but I still want Daryl to be his own man. I love Daryl and want him to be the best he can be. Same with Carol. You don't agree that is fine with me. Since I love both Carol and Daryl that is what I want to see from them. You probably don't care since they are not your priority on the show. But I do. No one is right or wrong we just want what is best for the ones we like. And why does it have to be a compitition of who loves how the most. Like really what the hell does it matter.

11. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @Tisha Grimes as a note: no one is tearing you down here for defending Carol or being a fan of her. A disagreement of opinion isn't an attack. I like Carol, I defend Carol, but people are welcome to disagree with that and it's fine as long as her critics are not hating or disliking irrationality (like using her age or gender as a mark against her). Rick fans aren't some kind of hypocritical big bad.

12. Michroolz

Michroolz Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Thank you, thank you.

In my opinion, Carol is not at all only about TF e.g. why was she trying to leave them after the Terminus escape? There has been very little that she has done for them that didn't serve her purposes first. I've said this before but I'll repeat it, I don't believe she cried from remorse when Rick banished her, she cried because she had been caught. I also think the killing of Karen and David was more about saving Lizzie and Mika than TF.

I agree entirely.

13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I didn't say they were. Just giving my opinion. I thought we could give our opinions on here so I did.

14. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    No competition here . i never said that i don't care about Daryl. :tara:That is just my opinion . i am free to think what i want where i want and when i want . Feel free to do the same . You don't seem to be that fine with what i think.
    [​IMG]

FLNatural, gmc_vitamind and Michroolz like this.
  15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You just made a post elsewhere saying Rick fans defend Rick's stupid actions but tear down other fans for defending their favorite characters. The timing was very coincidental with this thread. So I assumed you figured Rick fans here were tearing Carol fans down for defending her.

16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    We will just have to agree to disagree then. :thumbsup:

17. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I did and I stand by that. Rick has done a shit ton of stupid stuff and people still love him. Carol does stupid stuff and she is a cold blooded bitch. Hell non of them are perfect. In a ZA I would probably do the same things as them. And these are just my opinion. Not a popular one around here but it doesn't make it a wrong opinion just my opinion.

18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    How are Rick fans tearing down Carol fans though? No one says it's wrong to defend a character someone likes.

Carol also has her fair number of fans who absolve her of her wrongdoing. Or have you not seen the Carol fans on Tumblr? Or the Rick Haters there who hold the most frivolous things against him? It happens to all sorts of characters.

I understand seeing hate for a fave is frustrating, but jeez.

19. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Agreed
    [​IMG]

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  20. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have taken a Tumblr break it was getting to much of a shit storm. I try to stay out of all that Rick and Carol crap on there when I see it. Yeah she has her fans that say she can do no wrong. And it makes me want to shake them. I really should not post when I am learning to paint. It is not a good mix. I have more paint on me then on the paper.