1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Danai Gurira Photo/Appreciation Thread #5

Discussion in 'Michonne / Danai Gurira' started by Walkingonsunshine, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Ashley

Ashley Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Loooooove this pic! Norman responded on IG saying: 'Love you'

We all love us some Danai!!

Marcie69 and MrsG like this.
  2. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah I searched and found him months ago and posted stuff about him doing hair for TWD and AEOM months ago. Guess nobody saw it or cared then. :sasha:

Marcie69 and Walkingonsunshine like this.
  3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Thank you. :holdheart:

MrsG likes this.
  4. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    I saw Norman's comment. I still think Saycon left the best comment with 'Girrrl your eyeball is being licked. lol'. My thoughts as well. :laugh:

5. Vivis

Vivis Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well...Saycon is right...

box5angel and nat_richonne like this.
  6. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    That she is. I wonder if Danai had baby/santizing wipes on hand after that lick. I always wondered about this in every pic I see of NR licking people's face.

Michroolz, box5angel and Vivis like this.
  7. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    Saw this on myfriendamy's tumblr. Hoping that someone will upload the documentary on youtube.

Marcie69, Destiny-bee and Gekari like this.
  8. Marcie69

Marcie69 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    This is my fav Danai hairstyle!!!

Michroolz and nat_richonne like this.
  9. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    According to this article, Danai will be joining the Women's March on Washington the day of Trump's inauguration.

The Women’s March on Washington announced its Artist Table on Monday, revealing a list of celebrities expected to march alongside over 100,000 women the day after President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated. America Ferrera will serve as chair of the Artist Table, while stars like Chelsea Handler, Zendaya, Amy Schumer, Katy Perry, Scarlett Johansson, Cher, and more will participate.

“Since the election, so many fear that their voices will go unheard,” said Ferrera in a statement. “As artists, women, and most importantly dedicated Americans, it is critical that we stand together in solidarity for the protection, dignity, and rights of our communities. Immigrant rights, worker rights, reproductive rights, LGBTQIA rights, racial justice and environmental rights are not special interests, they affect us all and should be every American’s concern.”

The growing list of famous names also includes Uzo Aduba, Cristela Alonzo, Patricia Arquette, Danielle Brooks, Lea DeLaria, Diane Guerrero, Danai Gurira, Margo Jefferson, Angelique Kidjo, Padma Lakshmi, Shantell Martin, Debra Messing, Frances McDormand, Julianne Moore, Hari Nef, Monica Raymond, Yara Shahidi, Alia Sherif, Kara Walker, Olivia Wilde, and Constance Wu.

Handler will also host a separate march in Park City, Utah, coinciding with Sundance.

“I’m honored to join the Women’s March on Washington Artist Table,” she said. “By hosting a sister march in Park City, our Women’s March on Main will help send a message to the incoming administration that attacks on Planned Parenthood and our fundamental human rights are unacceptable and if we have to re-fight for rights we have already fought for and won, we will do it louder and stronger, with men by our side.”

“It is my duty as an American citizen to exercise my rights, make my voice heard and stand up for what I believe in,” Scarlett Johansson said. “The new administration may be very vague about specifics, but one thing has been made very clear; their intentions of reducing the availability of Women’s Healthcare and attacking her reproductive rights. I am marching on Washington to let our next president know that we, men and women alike, will not stand down or be silenced and will fight to protect our bodies and our choices.”

Debra Messing echoed the sentiment: “I am honored to be a member of the Artist Table. An attack on Planned Parenthood is an attack on all American women. There is no more urgent time than now to raise our voices and be heard.”

The Women’s March on Washington will take place in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 21. For additional information, visit womensmarch.com.

http://ew.com/news/2017/01/09/womens-march-washington-america-ferrera-katy-perry/

box5angel, Michroolz, Minty and 6 others like this.
  10. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Wow, that is amazing, just one more reason for me to love her:hearts::hearts:

Marcie69 and ALDGRichonneLover like this.
  11. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    I love her blink :)

nat_richonne likes this.
  12. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in San Fran!!

13. Vivis

Vivis Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I swear to God that Danai must have a clone or sth...I don't know how she does soooo much. I knew she would be there, she wouldn't miss sth like this. She's amazing and The Women's March is going to be sth everyone will talk about.

14. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    I love everything about this shoot. How is it that Danai's not on People's most beautiful list all day every day? :p
    Yeah, I knew Danai would take part of this march but with BP filming on 1/15/17 I was wondering how she would fit everything in. Should've known she'd find a way. My SHERO. :hearts:

Saw this interview that SKB did on how he felt about being part of the BP cast, one of the most anticipate movie of 2018. He mentioned Danai.

I just worked with Chad on a film called Marshall, about Thurgood Marshall. He’s such a talented human being and a deep soul. He’s the perfect personality to fully inhabit T’Challa. So, to rejoin him, and to work with Academy Award winners … to be with Michael B. Jordan after the incredible work he’s done in Creed. Danai Gurira … Forest Whitaker — like, it’s embarrassing. I’m good at what I do — I don’t try to do any sort of false modesty — but, ‘Wow! I get to be with all of you people!?!’ I think Ryan Coogler is one of the great storytellers that we have working today. The meeting I had with Nate Moore before I even got to chance to audition for Panther, and to see the level of knowledge, and just passion that he has for the whole universe, and for this project in particular … it’s in such good hands. I worked with Joe Robert Cole — he was one of our writers on The People vs. O.J.who co-writes with Ryan Coogler [on Panther]. Like, everyone is so good at what they do.

Sterling K. Brown on "Black Panther" movie

15. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The Women's March is on the 21st which is a Saturday so she probably has the day off from her filming schedule.

MrsG likes this.
  16. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    ... hopefully she'll make time to attend Paleyfest, too. It's just a few days before the The Women's March. :sneaky:

ALDGRichonneLover and Vivis like this.
  17. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  18. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    The march is taking place on 1/21. The Paleyfest isn't until March. I'm hoping that Danai can attend the Paleyfest as well. IMO, besides AL, she gives the most insightful interviews on her character and the storyline.

ALDGRichonneLover, MrsG and Vivis like this.
  19. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Crap! :( March 17th?...our chances for a DG sighting at Poaleyfest just dropped significantly. :thumbsdown:

20. nat_richonne

Walker Pets:
    With BP filming soon, it'll be interesting to see how much promotion she'll be do doing for 7B if any.

MrsG likes this.