1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Daryl and Love: Is Shit Settled?

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
?

How will Daryl's love life go?

1. Daryl is asexual; he isn't going to settle. He'll be a lone wanderer.

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Daryl is asexual, but he will settle in his own way -- just not with anyone.

24 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Daryl is not asexual, but he will never settle.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Daryl will realize he loves Carol, and Carol loves him.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Daryl will realize he loves Carol, but Carol will reject him, leaving him alone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Daryl will realize he loves another woman in the group (Sasha, Rosita, etc.)

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  7. Daryl will realize he's gay, and there's the potential for something to develop with Jesus

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Other

19 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Will be fun to see who is right over the next season or so. I won't give up until one of them is dead and gone. People laugh at us but don't care I will enjoy it for what it is.

2. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I did this poll a long time ago, but I'm going to explain my answer now.

I choose "Daryl is asexual, but he will settle in his own way -- just not with anyone."

I'm adding not with any specific one too. It's more like he will settle with a family he has created, has grow to love, appreciate, respect, and generally just good people who have his back.

With all this said, and outside of his character on the show, Norman Reedus is hot af. He is a good actor, and I want him to continue taking Daryl down this road of self discovery and building a Family.

Katbird and DixonGrimes like this.
  3. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I like Daryl, always have, but my boy got issues. Hell, he's got a subscription.
    These issues probably stem from his abusive childhood and have never been addressed.
    He'll probably never have a traditional relationship with anyone. I think he is too closed off for that.
    He loves TF and would die for any one of them. Especially Carol the Grimes family.
    Don't know if he could ever open up to one person enough to let romantic love happen. Which is kind of sad.

MAZIKEEN, Katbird and lovingdead like this.
  4. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I feel like that all the time about Daryl. But, I do continue to hope. Especially now that they are trying to live again, have a real future. I just think he deserves to be a part of the rebuilding...in a real way other than being a killer, which I do not mean in a bad or judgemental way... they all are; they have to be. But, if he has been fighting just as hard to live, why doesn't he deserve a complete self? Which to me, now, means being able to love himself and let himself be loved and then, be able to love. I don't want to offend or get too deep, he has many detractors, but to love yourself is the most critical aspect of healing emotional damage and trauma. I just think love should be for him, too. I will say no more...at least for now. lol

#184 Katbird, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. MAZIKEEN

MAZIKEEN KING EZEKIEL'S QUEEN
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This thread is interesting. Hard to read Daryl, however I do agree with how his past is how he lives his life now. With Carol at the prison I though there was a bit of spark and flirtation but now it's more friends. idk I could be wrong. If Daryl ever settles I don't know with who still, I haven't seen him have any interest in anyone really. Unless I seriously missed something but he is taking his time for sure he has been through so much lately.

Katbird likes this.