1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Den of Geek: The Walking Dead: Lauren Cohan interview on Maggie Greene

Discussion in 'Maggie / Lauren Cohan' started by Walkingonsunshine, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lauren's take on the upcoming season.

Through some choice genre roles in the likes of Supernatural, Chuck, The Vampire Diaries and Archer, Lauren Cohan has cemented herself as a geek icon, but it’s her long-standing role as Maggie Greene on The Walking Dead that’s allowed her to really shine. Maggie’s journey has seen her suffer extreme loss, with her once rather large family cut down to err… zero, but she’s also been the only character to sustain a long term relationship with Mr Glenn Rhee and out of that love, there’s now the possibility of the show's second baby on the way.

Of course like most of the core characters, both Glenn and Maggie are in the line of bat, but arguably these two have the most to lose – one either loses his wife and unborn child, while the other stands to lose her husband and the father of said child.

One thing that hasn’t faltered is Maggie’s sheer force of will and her ability to kick both living and undead ass seven ways from sundown, so it was our great pleasure to chat to Lauren Cohan about all things Walking Dead, with a little Chuck at the end because, if you haven’t had the pleasure yet, it’s one of the greatest shows of all time.

So without further ado…

Firstly, I just wanted to say congratulations on five seasons of fantastic work, your debut must seem like a lifetime ago now?

Yeah isn’t it funny… it sometimes feels like it’s just happened. I actually just remember thinking about something I did last year, where I was on a balcony and I was shouting and it reminded me of my first scene in Walking Dead where I see Rick running with Carl and I shout “Dad!” and I thought ‘Maggie shouts people’s names a lot in this show!’ [laughs]

And preferably from a good vantage point, she does like a good vantage point!

Yes she does, she's either on a plinth, or a platform, or a watch tower, or a porch. I'm gonna call her ‘Vantage Point Maggie’ I think - ‘Maggie Vantage’ actually that sounds like a superhero name! It’s funny to hear you say that – I feel like it’s a time to reflect.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-...ohan-interview-on-maggie-greene#ixzz4LUFMH1OQ

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This was a cute interview. I liked the bit where she remarks how Maggie shouts people's names quite a bit. :mags: