1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Did you dig Carol/Tobin?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 6, 2016.

?

What did you think of Carol/Tobin?

1. I liked it!

30 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Eh, don't care one way or the other

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Didn't like it.

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Don't know

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So now that we've seen it; what did you think? Sweet? Sudden? Stupid? Voice your opinions here!

2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nope. I went into the episode somewhat open to the idea but the way it happened made no sense.

3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know how I feel about it. It felt shoehorned in. Rushed. There was no build-up. And I know this is only temporary, and ultimately this will only end with Carol suffering more pain and loss.

However, that said, it's so damn nice finally someone is reaching out to Carol, making her smile, and expressing just a modicum of interest in her well-being. Appreciating her as a person. Tobin was very sweet to her, and for that, I can't hate.

Shown, laisla, Nightmare and 2 others like this.
  4. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think Tobin is a nice guy and the kiss was sweet HOWEVER Tobin and Carol had a very brief interaction in 5b and that is it (an interaction probably glossed over by the casual viewer) I think the writers should have given them a few scenes together prior to the kiss to make it more....you know....believable.

Shown and Doctor Grimes like this.
  5. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have to agree here... I didn't like it... I didn't hate it... but it was nice to see Carol get some attention and affection.

The Buttermilk Prince is toast...

6. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    Tobin has always been one of the few Alexandrians I liked from the start. He's a nice guy and he was kind to Carol. True, there was no build-up, but it gave Carol some happiness for the moment. So in that regard I appreciate what he did for her. I'm sure it won't last, but it was sweet.

Shown, Michele, laisla and 4 others like this.
  7. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Totally feels out of left field BUT Tobin is a gentle giant and I don't know, I just can't hate it, it was sweet.

Shown, Delightfully Thomi and tuswig like this.
  8. forevermichonne

forevermichonne Negan's crusty toes on Michonne's good carpet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really enjoyed them talking. But again, I feel like he doesn't understand... he said somethings that made me really defensive of Carol. "You can do things that terrify me." What you mean? Do you think she does them just for fun? I can see that he appreciates her and admires her but there's still this ignorance with the way a lot of Alexandrians come out the mouth that anger me. This is just the way things are. If you were out there like Carol was out there you'd be terrified of yourself too.

But maybe that's what Carol is looking for, somebody that's not familiar with life out there.

ETA: The kiss was really... cute.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  9. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]

10. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I like that someone was nice to Carol, but I feel so bad because I can tell she's still deflecting. She's doing this just to feel something. It's almost like an addict, she gets a high and feels terrible again right after

Shown and HustleBunnee like this.
  11. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Before you shoot me, just hear me out.

I kind of liked it? I liked it because for me it wasn't that deep. The fact that it did feel "forced" from a writing standpoint, it sorta felt natural in the moment, kinda made it seem almost like a Thank You kiss. She said, "It's Not Tomorrow Yet."
    There is no tomorrow for Carbin, so for tonight, I'm going to just kiss you. On the lips.
    Carol was trying to find her new normal. The fact that she wasn't sobbing over Sam, but paying her respects made me feel good. I took it different from everyone on TTD. I think she is sad for Sam, but not guilty. If he could have made it great, but he didn't and it doesn't mean that he never existed. She is facing the reality instead of burying in it. He mattered. She is writing her kills down, because it does matter. Way back when, Michonne said something along the lines that someone truly evil, they are light as a feather. I think the kill list is therapeutic. I quite enjoyed all the Carol moments, (minus the testy Rick-tude but I get it, Maggie concern), and I enjoyed Tobin. It is high time she isn't hiding behind a facade. She is who she is. She is smoking outwardly, but she is also giving cookies with a gun on her belt. I think the two months have been good for Carol, and this new Carol won't be moping and mourning over Tobin if he bites the bullet, and if Caryl is endgame, its up to Daryl to start dealing with it to. I mean I loved it.

Shown, Michele, laisla and 8 others like this.
  12. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was whatever to me.

I'm glad someone is finally paying attention to Carol and is giving her loving, but I don't understand why it couldn't have been one of TF to notice her strange behavior for the past weeks/months/however long it has been since the Wolf incident and console her instead.

The writers hardly strengthen the bond within the TF and it makes me mad. They've helped keep each other alive for so long, they should interact more with each other.

#12 thesamurai, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    yuna likes this.
  13. yuna

yuna Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I still can't support it. It make no sense to me at all that Carol got close to this person. I don't hate Tobin I just don't want Carol with him I like that he was sweet to her but I feel like Tobin doesn't really know Carol. And I don't think it will last.

Eilis likes this.
  14. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think the unfamiliarity is actually a good thing sometimes. TF have been together for the longest, I know myself sometimes feels suffocated and breaking away can be a good thing.
    Edited to add:
    Sometimes it is good to hear nice things from people who do not know the dark things. It is nice to hear, I see you. You're a good person. Which is why I think the kiss was a Thank you.

Shown, laisla, SevenStars and 3 others like this.
  15. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I thought it was sweet and harmless. I liked seeing her smile and the kiss was sweet.

16. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Did anyone else think they did more than kiss? When she said it's not tomorrow yet that sounded like an invitation/suggestion. It's not tomorrow yet (so let's f&@$ tonight!) Good for her if she got some--she deserves it. I thought it was sweet for what it was.

17. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really like Tobin.

18. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I don't hate it. For some reason in 5b when caryl and Tobin were talking in the gun armory for some reason I was like theyre gonna get together. Then I forgot all about it until she brought him her cookies. I think she knows TF expect her to be this kill machine and I think its finally starting to hit her that shes murdering people. I agree with her kills but if it doesn't effect her at all itd be unrealistic. I don't see Caryl and Tobin as forever but that's ok because not every relationship needs to be forever except Richonne

19. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought it was refreshingly cute; given the nature of Carol's well being. She's finally allowing the events that she repressed come to light; which is a very vulnerable time for her. It felt like a completely different world in the opening scenes. She was passing cookies out. (I found that very interesting; almost a therapeutic gateway.) I appreciated Tobin, who wasn't necessarily a significant individual in her life, decided to check on her , converse &appreciate. I can totally understand carol relief at such an honest & unbiased view of her. He's not aware of the things she's seen; and that makes it all the more sweeter he notices her. I think he will be healthy for her, but I can't shake of this feeling
    he's the Jessie to her Rick

#19 Truthfully it's love, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Shown and yuna like this.
  20. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I am ambivalent about the kiss (your buttermilk prince and his bald spot are not long for this world) I was more put off at first by Carol cooking and being alone and having moments with Tobin instead of TF member. As the episode progressed, all her interactions seemed stunted when dealing with team family. Like there was a level of annoyance when Carol had to deal with them and then I remember MMB making a comment in article about Carol being tired because she always has to save their bacon (paraphrasing). Then I remember she has really been standoffish with the group since they got to Alexandria. With all the drama going on I am starting to wonder if Carol will ever feel or act close to TF members again. I know this thread is about the Tobin kiss but it is all connected. I think she kissed Tobin because he wasn't someone from TF, he was an outlet for her away from all the TF dynamics and constantly looking after folks.

Michele, SevenStars, Lugubria and 2 others like this.