1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Did you dig Carol/Tobin?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 6, 2016.

?

What did you think of Carol/Tobin?

1. I liked it!

30 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Eh, don't care one way or the other

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Didn't like it.

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Don't know

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    it's still random, but it was nice to see her a little happy in this episode. I doubt this will really go anywhere tho, so what's the point?

2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. I keep thinking it's TF not looking out for Carol emotionally, but maybe Carol is deliberately distancing herself from them? Maybe she is getting irritated by them? (lol I can't blame her too much)

It's very possible that Carol just wants something new. Maybe she just doesn't feel connected to the group anymore on her side. I can imagine how frustrating it must be from her perspective to feel like the person who must always take on the onus of responsibility. To be the one who gets their hands dirty. It could build resentment.

I hope the next episode clarifies some things. Right now, it just looks like TF is ignoring her, which I hate, because she's clearly not okay emotionally.

Shown and Eilis like this.
  3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was sweet, but I'm not really gonna shed a tear when Tobin kicks the bucket. Not looking forward to the Carol angst.

4. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol is reminding me a lot of 5B/6A Rick. She seems lost in transition - even when she was debating what to wear. Killer clothes? Or suzie home maker clothes? Ultimately she went with the housewife clothes but her heart just ain't in it, or she wouldn't be making lists of her previous kills.

I could see Tobin being her Jessie, though obviously not as creepy. It seemed to me like she was trying him on for size. She's realizing romance and things like that are possible now, so why not? She's going through the motions of trying to live again. But it's just that - going through the motions. Just like Rick and Jessie. Hell, even the pairing feels forced just like another one we know. Like it came outta nowhere.

For the rest of the episode she was a jittery, smoking, terrified mess. I say terrified because of her reaction to Maggie. Which also reminds me of Rick. When Rick wasn't being clueless about his genuine feelings for Jessie, he spent the rest of his days in full blown panic mode. I think Tobin may very well be a building block to something bigger for Carol but definitely not "the one". I'm still not dismissing Morgan for Carol. His words are the ones that are getting to her, you can tell. He's reeling her in.

But it was good to see Carol enjoying herself or at least, trying to. Trying is the first step and Tobin's a good man.

5. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    TWD Clarifying things? I didn't even get my Carchonne moment dammit.

Bazooka Jane likes this.
  6. PB Protein Bar

PB Protein Bar Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I was surprisingly here for it, but I'll admit I went into the episode expecting the worst. Their talks were kind of...idk, endearing?

His comment about the stuff she's done terrifying him struck me less as being clueless about her and why she has to do what she does and more like he admires her ability to do what he isn't strong enough to do himself. Tobin recognizes that he isn't anywhere near as apocalypse savvy as Carol, or any of the rest of TF for that matter, which I think was pretty well established during the construction craziness with Abe and Francine (where is she btw???). He just is wise enough to own up to it and admit it unlike Aiden and Nicholas who wound up getting hella people killed playing at bravery.

I no longer no where I was going with this lol, so I'll just end with I'm actually okay with this couple, as rushed as it was.

Michele, laisla, SevenStars and 3 others like this.
  7. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol also defended Morgan to Rosita, which surprised me.

Shown, laisla, Nightmare and 3 others like this.
  8. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I have cast my Tobin hate aside. He seems to worship Carol as he should so I guess he can't be all that bad. I thought they were sweet and he genuinely seemed to like her, and vice versa.

laisla and Bazooka Jane like this.
  9. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I mean I understand hook-ups in the ZA are different and in fast-forward but surely now people can see the difference between an actual slow burn (Richonne) and a fast-tracked, forced, shoe-horned excuse for emotional depth in a character that's been devoid of any this season, now? I don't mind the Tobin character but Carol's emotional development was carefully interconnected through Daryl's story. This pairing makes as much sense as Jessie/Rick. I'm honestly at the point of wondering what's going on with Reedus and McBride's contracts and/or friendship because I do not understand abandoning both characters connection to each other completely this season. They were on the same mission in ep 12 and still did not share a single moment. What is going on??

Shown and Doctor Grimes like this.
  10. CSilverado4life

CSilverado4life Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I liked it. Their scenes were cute and they had chemistry.

Michele and PB Protein Bar like this.
  11. ThatGrimesGirl

ThatGrimesGirl Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Didn't care one way or the other. But Carol made the statement "its not tomorrow yet" Did she give Tobin the cookies?

12. CSilverado4life

CSilverado4life Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I think so. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

ThatGrimesGirl likes this.
  13. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Rosita gave me life in that conversation. Her shitting all over Morgan and Denise. lol

14. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it could be a matter of Gimple just deciding on a different path for them. Gimple seems determined to fit these characters into particular roles to fill out the comic storyline so they can just march right along the predetermined path.

The show needed a comic Michonne (since Michonne was retrofitted to fall more in line with Andrea). Which meant a more loner-type character who is plagued by tragedy. Knowing MMB can knock the drama out of the park, Gimple has decided that Carol will henceforth be the new Michonne figure. Which meant slowly chipping away her personal connections to make her isolated. In a way, it could be that "Consumed" was the last hurrah for the Carol and Daryl dynamic, which is heartbreaking.

The show also needs a Dwight. While we already have a Dwight, something tells me he's going to be short-lived. Comic Dwight was modeled after TV Daryl, and Gimple doesn't seem to know what to do with the Daryl we already have. Soooooo... retrofit Daryl to be our new Dwight. Kill two birds with one stone. As such, Dwight and Michonne don't interact in the comic, so, kill their interaction in the TV universe.

Anyway, that's what I see happening.

Shown likes this.
  15. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm ambivalent. It nice sweet kiss and nice to see sweet affection and admiration for Carol who is having a hard time emotionally. I just don't see it really being that deep to get invested in it. If stay together, it be just for championship which is not a bad thing in ZA,well until Tobin dies.

16. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I didn't mind it. I think it's a nice 'for now' relationship but I don't see it going anywhere. I think it's nice that Carol is having some romance but I don't think she's going to let herself get too use to it. I don't think she will allow herself to be happy now that her conscious is weighing on her.

17. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I like what @Ship Nation said about "Not tomorrow yet" meaning this is for tonight, and not tomorrow. That's in line with Carol's turmoil.

YNB is totally wtf'ing over this on Twitter, that gives me a bit of life.

Shown, Armte and Ship Verse like this.
  18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I felt so bad that she got spoiled. I feel for Carylers in general after this episode. It was rough. :(

19. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, it's embarrassing people were tweeting her.

One thing that throws me, she's still living at the Grimes home. That was their kitchen. Is she just hanging out in the basement the whole time? What is this?

Doctor Grimes and Ship Verse like this.
  20. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I do wish the living situation was sorted out. Looks like Maggie and Glenn have their own home? I think Carol and Daryl are still with the Grimes family. Does Abe and Rosita stay in the Gleggie house? Sasha couldn't live there. I feel like that would be awkward. Abe did say "See you around" in 11, so if the lived together that would be a weird thing to say. I wonder if tptb think we wouldn't care, because I care goddammit.

Doctor Grimes likes this.