1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Think Carol Will Be The MVP of the impending war?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadameCassie, Dec 13, 2016.

1. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    Some fans have been thinking this. They think she will take out Negan & all the Saviors. The GA is so cute lol

This shit will take time.

Belle likes this.
  2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I should be laughing at the idea of Carol successfully taking out Negan and all his saviours but with this show you never know.

If anyone takes out Negan it should be Rick or Maggie. They've earned that right. Carol doesn't even know what's going on and for all I care it could stay that way.

3. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it will be a disservice to all the characters who died and suffered at the hands of Negan and the saviors in 7A if they have Carol come in and save the day. She has been chilling while they have been suffering so it's unfair that she get the credit for defeating them. But knowing that Carol is Gimple's favorite, I would not be shocked if this happened.

[​IMG]

4. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    This will be end of my era wit this show if this shit happens.

5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think Carol will come to aid in the war effort, but she is not a secret weapon or anything. Nor will she do anything single-handed (at least I am pretty sure the writers wouldn't do that). She will be as vital as everyone else. It will be a group effort. It has to be.

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No it will be a group effort.

7. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I like Carol and I hope she comes back to the group soon, but I really hate that all of the other capable fighters on TF are seen as weak and unable to defeat Negan because Carol isn't there to save them.

8. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    All I got to say is.... hell to the NO! :dale:

[​IMG]

9. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I agree! I want it to be a group effort as well. Every character should shine!

10. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I don't know why but I have a feeling Morgan is going to die and Rick is going to capture Negan but not kill him. Rick and TF will defeat Negan and Rick will stop them from killing him because that is what Morgan would want (for them to put Negan in the cell and try to rehabilitate him). That's what the cell is there for, for Negan. It happens in the comics and I have this strange feeling they are going to follow the comics on this one.

grimesthecrime and Tisha Grimes like this.
  11. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]t

It should be a group effort if Gimple knows what is good for him and this show. Fans of other characters who have suffered under Negan will riot (like me) if Carol takes all of the shine while she has been chilling in her house outside the Kingdom, reading books by the fireplace having Morgan and Zeke at her beck and call all while Rick and TF are getting murdered, beat up, tortured and having their asses handed to them by Negan and the Saviors. Not just no, but HELLS NO!!! Her receiving all of the credit when TF did all of the hard work and had to go through all of the f*ckery from Negan, while at this point Carol wants nothing to do with TF and doesn't want to be found, would literally make me go in a murderous ball of rage. Every character in that clearing with Rick and dealing with Negans sh*t should have a shot at shining with the fight against him and the Saviors. Especially you know, the leader, Rick Grimes, the man who has suffered humiliation, emasculation, psychological torture, had to witness two close friends get murdered and almost having to cut his own sons' hand off all in an effort to keep TF safe, or Maggie Rhee, the pregnant wife of the man whose skull was brutally bashed in by Negan. Just sayin'.. umm... yeah.. no..

#11 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  12. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Carol needs to stay in her Cabin of Isolation. I wouldn't even care if she wasn't part of the group effort. She could tell Ezekial to go help TF then go sit back down and read a book for all I care. :tea:

13. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I love Morgan, but he wasn't there with those in the clearing or at AZ with Negan and his antics. So to pass judgment on TF or Rick for wanting to kill Negan, yeah, no. Negan cannot be rehabilitated in my book. He has done too much to EVER be rehabbed. He receives so much glee from his sadistic torture, and he knows exactly what he is doing. If Gimple and Kirkman try and push this GN Negan redemption arc would be a disservice to the show and to Rick Grimes/TF. No way would he keep Negan alive with all that has transpired. I could care less about him being alive in the GN. The show is so much different than the GN and needs to follow it's own course and Gimple not be such a slave to panel for panel GN.

14. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This. We saw what Carol "contributing" looks like in No Sanctuary and JSS. I'd rather she not take all the glory again and just go back to reading books and eating her pomegranate seeds.

15. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like Carol - but her leave me alone bullshit is wearing on my nerves as much as Morgans all life is precious bullshit did.

Carol coming to the rescue would make zero sense to me. Unless she actually sacrifices herself for the group she can disappear into the abyss as far as I'm concerned. I think Melissa McBride is amazing, but if they can't give her more to do than whine about wanting to be alone, she should be using her skills on another show.

16. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nope, if that happens then Gimple should get his ass fired.

QueenofPeace, box5angel and Lennykae like this.
  17. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Unfortunately, I don't see Negan going anywhere anytime soon. Even in the comics he is still a central figure. There is way too much story involving this character for him be killed off on the show.

18. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not sure who's suggesting Carol will be the savior of TF outside of the Carol stans. I haven't seen that suggested in the media but would welcome the articles if anyone has them!

Of course Carol won't save TF from Negan. TF is going to gain allies, including The Kingdom, with which Carol is aligned, and will defeat the man together. No firecracker fired from a rifle is going to take down Negan and his network of outposts. No knife held at a throat is going to bring down The Sanctuary and no shot to the head is going to wipe the Saviors off the earth.

Carol is currently separated from Rick's group to drum up drama on the show and as a plot device. We will see her interact with TF in the back eight, I'm certain, but as an ally, friend and family member, not as the 'mvp.'

19. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    To me, it's pretty obvious that Carol will get "her moment" in the battle against Negan and the Saviors. Group effort or not, she will always get the sole credit of being the group's secret weapon...their Savior. It's just a matter of when at this point.

20. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I agree. It's how Gimple always sets it up. Even in 708 they had Morgan spouting garbage that she is the most capable fighter amongst he and Richard. I was like hiw? What proof? But it's the impression Gimple and his writers want relayed to the viewers.

Rick and TF were kneeling and taking crap. Not Carol.
    If they do the 2nd lineup in 716, TF will be kneeling and taking crap again and Carol will conveniently excluded from that.

If she comes charging in with Zeek & Shiva to save them, the narrative will be permanized - out of all of TF, Carol is the only one who can save them and the only reason they were under Negan's tyranny was because she wasn't there to deliver them.

It may not be fact, but it's the impression being encouraged by Gimple and the writers.