1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Glenn would want to kill Negan or just have him jailed?

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by forevermichonne, Nov 2, 2016.

?

Do you think Glenn would want Negan killed or Jailed?

1. Have Negan killed

90.0%
  2. Throw him in jail

10.0%
  1. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    (Okay, addressing the elephant in the room, regardless of the fact that Glenn is gone T_T)

Glenn has very complex opinions about killing and humanity in the show. Based on Glenn's philosophies and actions surrounding killing in the ZA, if he was alive and Negan was caught, do you think he would opt to kill Negan or just have him thrown away in jail?

2. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm going to guess (and maybe it's because it's what I'd want Glenn to do) and say he'd want Negan killed. While Glenn has never been as "bloodthirsty" as everyone else, he was never stupid. And to be fair, Glenn only ever tried to save people that still had some humanity left, even if they were dumb (I'm looking at you, Aidan). Also, while he wasn't the one doing the killing it's not like he usually objected to Team Family's kills. So yeah, I'm gonna say that Glenn would want a person like Negan dead.

3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think he could be persuaded either way.

4. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think it depends.

Negan has killed at least one person from every group. I don't know if Glenn would find someone like that redeemable. He tried to help Nicholas but he was a coward. Negan is a predator. It makes me wonder what Glenn would have done with Gov if it was up to him. I'm inclined to say he would want him dead. That is complicated by how he treated Maggie, but even if that could still happen he would be a permanent threat.

On the other hand, if they had enough infrastructure to have a real justice and rehabilitation system I could see Glenn wanting to follow along and see if it could work.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  5. Susannah Dean

Susannah Dean Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I think he'd certainly want Negan dead. He participated in the attack against the Saviors partly because they are too dangerous to let live.

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Bitter Bunker Husband
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    If he stayed alive, after witnessing Abe's death, he'd most likely join "Kill Negan" group.

Silas, Lolololove3 and MamaGrimes like this.
  7. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think with the changes Glenn had gone through up to the point of his death (having his first kill, Maggie getting kidnapped while pregnant, his need to make a safe future for his child) Glenn would have killed him to protect his family. The entire reason he goes on the kill mission with the Saviors is so his wife and child could live. He would have had regret about it but at the end of the day Glenn would decide what is best for the group is his death.

MamaGrimes and Deep_Ricking like this.
  8. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Glenn already decided/tried to kill him when they went on that night raid, so I don't see why he would change his mind after seeing him kill Abe as a lesson to them.

Lolololove3 and MamaGrimes like this.
  9. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Glen would have Negan killed in a heartbeat. Glen is all for protecting Maggie and TF. Negan is a psychopath, a sociopath, and down right evil person and him living in any way or fashion in the world would put and keep the lives of Maggie, baby Hershel, and TF in jeopardy. So imo Glen would be in favor of putting a bullet in Negan's head. Problem solved.

Also Glen has not been mister "all life is sacred or precious". He has on a few occasions opted for killing someone or people even though they are not an immediate threat to TF. There are three occasions I can remember. Here they are---

1.) He was all for killing that young guy at the farm.
    2.) He was all for shooting anyone who crossed TF's path when they went looking for Aaron's bf.
    3.) He sunk a knife into two sleeping savior's heads.

On all of these occasions he believe the safety of TF warranted people to be killed even if they weren't an immediate threat to TF. There, in his opinion, was a seriously potential threat to TF if these individuals were allowed to take another breath.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  10. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glenn was no longer a 'glass half full' kind of guy by the time they crossed paths with Negan. In the previous few months, his father in law was beheaded by a psychopath, he almost had his throat slit by cannibals and his sister in law died at the hand of a woman who had held her captive. Remember, he told Rick in 5x9 he 'would have shot that woman dead'.

Glenn had a big heart but in order to keep his family safe and to exact justice in an unjust world, he would not only support killing Negan, he would pull the trigger himself if he had to.

11. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He'd have spared comic Negan, but killed TV Negan.

12. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That was one major reason why I was not on Glucille ship. I wanted to see how Glenn would have behave post Lucille. I could see him pushing Gregory out of leadership and leading the charge to kill Negan.