1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin Smooth: The Abraham Ford Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Abraham / Michael Cudlitz' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    For those that want to praise the man who gave us "Who's Deanna?"

[​IMG]

Ami sayz ... and Doctor Grimes like this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "Who's Deanna?"

Butler36 likes this.
  3. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Abe is the best...
    [​IMG]

and I will forever ship Mabe in my heart...

[​IMG]

Ami sayz ... and Katbird like this.
  4. DanNintendoMan

DanNintendoMan The ship's cook

Walker Pets:
    "Loose ends make my ass itch."

There's so much truth in that.

Katbird likes this.
  5. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Words cannot express how much I love Abraham in his newfound dress jacket. No, seriously.

[​IMG]

6. Kordas

Kordas Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love Abe. His phrases are the best. Even still, not really a fan of what he's doing with Sasha and Rosita.

7. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    CrownRoyale likes this.
  8. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know this says appreciation and yes, he has my perma-angry face:mad::mad: after the last two eps

BUT, I got a kick out of him covering that Cheeto-colored hair for this mission.

Ami sayz ... likes this.
  9. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The do rag was his only saving grace this episode.

10. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Didn't know where else to put this, but I'm not exactly feeling Abe right now after how he did Rosita on the eve of battle nonetheless:mad: So I just wanted to pop in and leave a calling card as to what I would like to do to him about right now.
    [​IMG]

11. DCBABY

Walker Pets:
    Separated at birth...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

QueenTee, Katbird and Bazooka Jane like this.
  12. Glennisbae

Glennisbae Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    The finale reminded me how much I love him. I didn't like how he broke up with Rosita, but you can tell he truly loves Sasha. I love the way he defiantly looked up at Negan. I really hope he didn't get Lucilled. Better than Glenn, but still awful.

Katbird and Bazooka Jane like this.
  13. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Abraham is a special guy, different, for sure, but special. I hope he survived the line up. Rick needs him. And, in a way, he really understands Rick. I am thinking more and more about their friendship. Abraham likes Rick and has tremendous respect for him. (None of Abe's family survived...not his fault, but he thinks so) Rick has lost his wife but not to walkers and he has keep both his children alive....in Abe's eyes, the apex of beating the constant "shit storm.". So, yeah, I like him a lot. Rick will really need him after this Negan nut has shown up...especially if it is Daryl (gasp) who was killed.

Ami sayz ... and Glennisbae like this.
  14. DCBABY

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

So cute as a blonde...:hearts::holdheart::hearts:

Ami sayz ... and Katbird like this.
  15. DCBABY

Walker Pets:
  16. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Does he have a twin or is that guy just a really good cosplayer?

Katbird likes this.
  17. DCBABY

Walker Pets:
    He is a cosplayer. Not as cute as Michael, but he definitely looks like Abraham.

Katbird and Gooey Goobert like this.
  18. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Abraham Ford---The man had a mission to save the world and took it very seriously until it was found out to be a hoax yet he stayed on like the brave soldier he is protecting and loving TF especially Sasha(his kindred spirit). He is a noble character and brave up until his possible end. Standing tall in the face of tyranny and death even when he is on his knees. Willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good and the ones he loves. Here's to you Abraham Ford. You're one badass sexy brave Motherf#cker. And I will miss you if you are the LV.

19. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  20. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    Here is a link to a great article, yahoo TV interviewed Michael Cudlitz and he spoke about the Sasha & Abraham relationship, explained the harsh Rosita break up and his Bisquick food drive. :lol:

I love big red :gabe:

It’s interesting what you just said about Abraham and Rosita, that even if Abraham hadn’t started a relationship with Sasha, even if he hadn’t pursued it or it hadn’t worked out, that he wasn’t going to stay with Rosita.
    Yeah, I think their relationship was one of convenience for both of them. I think there’s a very strong love there, but it has turned into almost a familial love. He’s seeing her less and less as a lover. You see that when he’s lying in bed. The sex is great, he’s not going to deny that, but he sees that she is so much more in love with him than he is with her. I think that hurts him because he feels that she deserves better than him.

The way he broke up with Rosita seemed cold and abrupt, but was it the only way he could get through it?
    I think with his skill set, it was the only way he could do it. Look, he tried to say, “I’m leaving. It’s over.” She’s like, “Why? Why? Why? Why?” He just snaps — because he doesn’t have the words. He can’t explain it like I can explain it. It’s not part of who he is. It’s not in his makeup. He falls back to the only thing he can, which is, “If I’m really mean to her, she’ll go away.” It’s brutal. It’s horrible. It’s mean. It’s probably the most wrong thing he could say, but it’s effective.

How long do you think Abraham has been interested in Sasha? Is that why he got in the car with her in the Season 6 premiere, when they’re Pied Pipering the walkers away from Alexandria? Even if you go back to Season 5, at Deanna’s party, when they have that conversation, do you think his feelings go back that far?
    I think it sneaks up on him. I think the whole thing sneaks up on him. He may know subconsciously, but on the surface, no. There’s no plan to get in the car, other than he identifies with her and thinks that he can help her. He’s seen soldiers that have gone through PTSD, and he knows what she needs, when really it’s the opposite. He’s the one who’s going through the trauma, and he actually needs her. I think that we subconsciously seek out what we need. In any event, I do not think that he was at all aware that this was what the future would hold at that point.

When do you think it hit him? During their time together in the insurance office?
    Yeah. I think it was on the bridge where he realized, it hit him. He literally puts his gun down and confronts death and goes hand-to-hand with death and realizes, “What am I doing?” Up until that moment, he has nothing left to live for, so he really is making reckless choices. He does not care at that point if he dies. Then what he realizes is that it does matter. He has a tremendous amount to live for.

He tells Sasha he’s thinking about his future, he’s going to make some moves, and he does. He breaks up with Rosita, he starts the relationship with Sasha. Do you think the next step in his mind is that he is thinking about having a family with Sasha?
    Absolutely. Yeah, that’s the question. He doesn’t know how to use the big boy words all the time, but that’s the question he’s really trying to process when he’s asking Glenn about the Bisquick. The question really is, Did Maggie get pregnant by accident or were you guys trying to get pregnant? He needs to understand why you would try to get pregnant. I think it’s because he actually thinks, “I want to have kids.” He needs someone to help walk him through “Why do I think I want to have kids? This is the stupidest idea I’ve ever had. I’m usually pretty logical about this s***. Why the hell would you want to have kids? I’m going to go to one of the smartest people I know, who is Glenn, and I’m going to ask him, 'Were you trying?’ OK, so you were planning. OK, so I’m not crazy. It’s being confirmed because you’re confirming it kinda … I’m going to keep talking, because we’re going to figure this out.”

He eventually does. It’s wonderful, and it’s disjointed, and it’s completely nonlinear, and he’s a f***ing hot mess, Abraham.

Read the rest of the article here