1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Donatello of the ZA (Morgan Appreciation thread)

Discussion in 'Morgan / Lennie James' started by MamaGrimes, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He saved Rick in the beginning.....
    [​IMG]

went a little crazy in the middle
    [​IMG]
    and picked up some mad skills on the road to reuniting with Rick
    [​IMG]
    Show your appreciation for our resident Zen Master here!

[​IMG]

2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Morgan is still super interesting to me. I understand his popularity has taken a nosedive recently, but hey, at least he's different than the usual "shoot 'em up" crew.

lovingdead, Katbird and Lyra_Nation like this.
  3. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was so worried that the first thread for him would be a hate thread lol. Morgan is such an interesting character and I'm glad they did something different with him. His character takes a while to appreciate and I can't deny that I get frustrated with him as well when watching. It makes me appreciate him all the more and I hope Lennie sticks around for a while.

4. Butler36

Butler36 What?

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I get Morgan because when you come from a life of murdering everyone you see in your path it is hard to resist the impulse to kill anyone. The fact that he is very much capable and dangerous but restrains it is interesting by the very fact that something is going to make him kill again. And I'm curious what is his breaking point of his philosophy. It reminds me of Bruce Lee in the Big Boss where he made a promise he would never fight again and then something happens and he's just a kick ass machine.

5. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I'm waiting for the big comeback.
    [​IMG]

I still like Morgan, but he must realize what worked for a lone man and a goat won't always work for a community. I think I'm more irritated at the GA for thinking all motives and thinking in this show is either black or white, good or bad and are quick to put ALL the blame at Morgan's feet. But he will redeem himself...before they kill him! ;)

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No hate from me. I find Morgan to be compelling, complex and not cookie cutter. Yes, it was frustrating when he wanted to 'save' wolfie but I'm hoping he'll get his redemption scene very very soon. I love Lennie!!

THIS...that's what I'm waiting for. You know it's gonna happen.

lovingdead, Katbird and WalkerVoodoo like this.
  7. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't in favour of his ideals in 6x1-6x2, but 6x4 revealed a deeper look into his life, and I loved this statement right here. Everything that happened to Morgan is on replay in his mind. He hasn't let it go, or more like he's afraid to let it go. I think he feels if he does - then all the choices he made - especially those filled with regrets - this is his way to make amends. I do think there will be some medium to his philosophies.

Katbird likes this.
  8. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I actually hope he doesn't kill again. I only hope that he becomes okay with other people having to possibly kill. Morgan can just keep beating up people with his stick, and I'll be fine. He just has to stop being so preachy.

lovingdead, Katbird and Samuraiqueen like this.
  9. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  10. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki " I'm gonna try "
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love that there is a thread devoted to Morgan. He is such an interesting character. Thanks!
    • When I first learnt about the Walking Dead, Morgan brought a pulse and intensity of sadness of the whole ZA outbreak into the pilot episode, alongside Rick Grimes/AL. THIS made me keep watching three years ago (I started late)
    • I love how they had Rick on the radio to Morgan in S1. It made you long for a character w/o even seeing him on screen.
    • I love that he is true to himself and what he believes. He stood up in that church in front of everyone and was the only one that objected to the plan. My respect for him grew 100-fold in that scene.
    • (Generally, if you aren't a badass, the GA don't like you. Or if you aren't on board w/ the main group agenda...they hate you. Not EVERYONE is going to. This would be a BORING and narrow-minded world if it was like this). I love that Morgan is speaking an alternative vibe because he brings a needed difference to the feel of the show and Team Family. It has annoyed me at times, because we kept seeing the consequences of his actions show up negatively. But I was converted :rickgrin: after "No Way Out". Had that Wolf not been captured, Denise would not have made it back to the infirmary; she may have been in the wrong part of town. If he'd killed them when he encountered them in the forest, though they made ish go bad, maybe Ron would have outright killed my pouchy Carl Grimes. Anyway, I love me some annoying Morgan philosophy.
    • I love that he is an honest man that tells Rick Grimes how he feels "I'm a killer Rick. I am, and you are, too". He openly acknowledges his philosophy is not perfect. Nothing says it more than in the season 6 finale. http://thewalkingdead.tumblr.com/post/142395704999/full-circle
    • I love that he was that fresh and focused pair of eyes while people were distracted by stuff going down in ASZ.
    [​IMG]
    • Lenny James plays him so well. Morgan has had minimal interaction w/ the crew but in those moments, you can palpate the chemistry; heck, even w/ people he is trying not to kill. LOL.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I love me some Morgan Jones!
    [​IMG]

#10 Jenna Alaki, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  11. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Morgan literally lowers my blood pressure.

He's so fascinating. He's lost so much and been more isolated than anyone else on the show, and he falls so low as to want to clear every human life he comes across, but then holds onto the entirely opposite principle of preserving every human life. It brings him back to something of himself, and he seeks out the only other person he knew, and sees his friend and other people suffering under the weight of their conscious, under what this world has made them and he tries to show them a different way, the way that helped him. He might be wrong in this thinking, and when it is put to the test he throws away the thing that he has used as a mental/emotional lifeline in order to save another person.

Also I die every time he smiles because it's just the most precious thing in the whole world.

lovingdead, Katbird, Skybound and 2 others like this.
  12. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
  13. MAZIKEEN

MAZIKEEN Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I liked Morgan from the start, then when I watched Clear, I felt sad and my heart was breaking for him, what he had gone through, started to really like him, yeah, he went a little cray cray but he lost his son and well, wife that he couldn't kill. A lot guilt he felt and carried. Understandable. Then when Morgan reappeared again I was like Damn!! This man is not only fine, but a bad ass Zen Jedi!:hearts: I love that is to me anyway seems soft spoken, doesn't need to yell or scream to make a point. And when he smiles or laughs, th to rare times. The man is on fire.:hot::dragon:

14. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Somehow I missed this thread. I've had frustrations with Morgan (same as I did with Pacifist Ty), but ultimately, I get him. The irony is I am a peace loving pacifist like him but realize he is a bit of a dreamer in the ZA if he thinks this will work against their enemies. The thing is I don't think he has to fully give up his ideal he just needs to meet situations as they are while still working to promote peace. If you have to go to war that is a harsh reality but you can't live in denial. You also can't let go of your vision.

15. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Ultimately, I understand his philosophy but I wholeheartedly disagree with it. I don't think the ZA is a place for pacifists, honestly. We know what kind of world they live in, and pacifism doesn't have a place in it. Period. However, that doesn't take away from what he brings to the show so I can give him credit in that respect. He does offer up differing opinions and alternatives, which we need sometimes because it would be boring having to watch as everyone agrees with each other on everything all the time.

Not to mention the fact that Lennie is talented enough to round Morgan out by bring those little nuances to the character, so I don't mind watching him on my TV screen.