1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Downplaying the Saviors? Well, this will end badly...

Discussion in '6x11: Knots Untie' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It definitely seems like Daryl and Abraham have (perhaps) downplayed the threat the Saviors really present to the group. They conveniently failed to mentioned the fact it was a RPG that saved their asses. Without that RPG, they would've been dead.

Seems to me like Daryl and Abe are really to blame for whatever is about to happen.

CrownRoyale, Shown, Empress and 5 others like this.
  2. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah they underestimated the saviors. I think part of reason, they have fought and won so many battles. They cocky. That cockiness is going to cost them. You don't declare war without fully evaluating your enemies strengths and weakness.

Empress, tuswig and Doctor Grimes like this.
  3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's why I am surprised they're just jumping into this, but it is cockiness. I think Rick (as well as Maggie) are operating off of Daryl and Abe's report. Rick has no reason not to trust them. According to the story, the Saviors were taken out without a problem.

It's also kind of jarring that Rick's group is essentially becoming a mercenary group. They'll kill for food. I can see why Morgan is going to challenge this plan. But also we were told Negan is a horrible man (killing a 16 year old) so we know there's probably a good reason to take him out.

CrownRoyale, Shown, Empress and 2 others like this.
  4. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is what I can't wrap my head around. The group SAD ran into was what? A dozen or so armed men? Men that were going to kill Sasha or Abe just to make a point. And Jesus stated that they had seem groupS of up to twenty men. Come on people! Do the math! A large group of armed killers? Think this through a bit will you??

Whiny voiced leader aside, they were the real deal. If SAD didn't have a rocket launcher, things would have ended really really badly.

The bogeyman IS real Daryl and your 'pretty' face is going to be a memory when you go up against him.

Yes, they vanquished the Termites and the Wolves but the Governor destroyed their home and they suffered terrible losses. Team Family is not invincible by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course, for the story sake, we need them to be cocky. I just wish they remembered the losses they've suffered to get to where they are today.

CrownRoyale, Empress, tuswig and 3 others like this.
  5. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I do think it falls on Daryl more than anyone else but I still kept wanting to scream at each and every one of them, not gonna lie. Of course, that's just because as a viewer I know what they're getting themselves into. But what I've been trying to decide is...

Would TF still agreed if the story of the encounter with Negan's men been more truthful?

Unfortunately, I think the answer is yes. In the preview Rick says eventually Negan would've came after the them so I'm not sure if anything would really stop their decision. They might not have been so hasty nor as cocky, but I think it'd still be happening. But I'm gonna judge Daryl forever. His little outburst about the cow made me cringe. I know NR isn't that bad of an actor normally, I like a few of his other roles, but if that's Daryl taking the reigns he should go back to mumbling. He came off like an idiot or maybe that's just because I know he underplayed that confrontation and couldn't take anything he said seriously after that.

It was good to see Maggie and Richonne taking it a bit more seriously though towards the end. Maggie's comments about them losing something has me 1000% convinved Glenn is a goner even though we'd already came to that conclusion.

#5 Silas, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Shown, Empress, tuswig and 6 others like this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Agreed. I think regardless Rick would push for a conflict, but I think he'd be WAY more cautious. Maybe do some scouting parties and such. Or just try and play it smarter. I still hope Rick exercises caution dealing with these people.

Agreed about Daryl. He came across as arrogant and dumb. Truthfully, he is the one who is doing the most damage refusing to divulge the whole story.

But yeah. This is going to end poorly for them. With Glenn's death most likely.

tuswig, Silas, MamaGrimes and 2 others like this.
  7. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I know that they eventually have to fight the saviors. But it like like not recognizing them as a threat at all. Abe should no better he is the military man. They need to scout and see if direct conformation or more subtle guerrilla war tactics be necessary. You don't go in this gun blazing. They needed to up their chance of winning without a lot of casualties.

CrownRoyale and Doctor Grimes like this.
  8. MidnightRose76

MidnightRose76 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I'm frustrated with Daryl. Of course they weren't hard to take out....with a friggin' rocket launcher!! That part would've been good to mention. So now Rick thinks they're just some little bullies and it's gonna bite them in the ass. Thanks Daryl.

Edit: And you too, Abe. Yeah thanks.

#8 MidnightRose76, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  9. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    YOU HAD A ROCKET LAUNCHER.

I know I've yelled that a thousand times already. I feel like this is another instance of people failing to communicate in order to push the plot along. Like the way no one mentioned the W's on any of the walker foreheads, or how no one in the car mentioned the Terminus broadcast.

I'm putting this on Daryl, he had the damn RPG, and he didn't share all the details with his "brother."

10. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I blame Daryl first of all, and then Abe, they are totally underestimating the Saviors. And Maggie and Rick are following them without knowing who those people really are, of course we know how it ends. Besides that, they just think they can handle any threat after everything they've faced, but that's the difference about Negan, right. I'm already prepared to see people blaming Rick, as usual. But, I still believe that, at some point, he'll try and/or accept to make a deal, but it'll probably be too late.

tuswig likes this.
  11. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I co-sign @Clutterbuck both Abe and Daryl are too busy wallowing in self-pity and it's going to cost the whole group.

I can't believe Abe had the nerve to say they obliterated Negan's Crew when he was two seconds away from being killed. Michonne seems to be the only one more hesitant and I have a feeling that the "compound" they're raiding in the next episode is only one of Negan's outposts.

Shown, Empress, tuswig and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm so damn scared about this whole situation. I don't think (so far at least) Maggie is culpable in the mess. She did seem a little hesitant with the whole we are going to lose something bit. I think Michonne is very wary, but she trusts Rick, so she will go along with this plan until she sees something that says otherwise. Like someone commented before, I think Sasha being there would have put things in perspective and when they get back to ASZ I hope she does. She was the one that was trying to talk down Negan's man, stalled, so Daryl can get the RPG. She of all people knows it was pure luck and Abe and Daryl's testosterone is getting in the way. Rick is putting too much blind faith in Daryl and Abe (He is being extra cocky because he got laid last night, let's be real). I hope he gets a reality check because honestly he will be front line on the blame game. Right now he is, no matter how nonchalant Daryl and Abe are about it. He made the call. I'm just scared.

13. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, Abe too. My hate overwhelmed me for a second with Daryl lol. Though I'm not surprised by Abe's arrogance, Daryl's surprises me a bit though. I guess Daryl is only logical when he's being written to prove Rick wrong.

tuswig, Bazooka Jane and Ship Verse like this.
  14. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    For some reason, I keep thinking back to the Termites/Hunters and how it was their arrogance that led to their downfall. Rick said "They're screwing with the wrong people" and he was right because the Termites/Hunters overestimated their abilities while underestimating Rick and his group...unfortunately Rick is following in the footsteps of Gareth (and that's going to be painful to watch).

15. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    and poor glenn is going to be the one to pay for their hubris

[​IMG]

Doctor Grimes and Empress like this.
  16. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I do think that's exactly why they're getting Maggie so involved.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  17. Empress

Empress Permanently mourning Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So much truth in this, and like that arc ended with Gareth on his knees, begging for his life before being hacked to death with the red handled machete, TF will be on their knees, while one of their own gets bashed to death by Lucille. Both happened because the other group was underestimated. Both happened because one group was too arrogant to think clearly about the situation. This is not strategy. Arrogance makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed, Michonne should have remixed her line and said that too.
    RIP Glenn, thank you Daryl - enjoy your fucking cow.
    [​IMG]