1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwight / Austin Amelio Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Dwight / Austin Amelio' started by DixonGrimes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "You'll be alright." ~Dwight

[​IMG]

I am incredibly intrigued by Dwight and his motives. Is he a bad guy? Is he actually a good guy? I love watching his scenes. I have high hopes for him in S7. I think he's a good actor and is a great addition to TWD :)

[​IMG]

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Damn, I wished they would let Dwight look like that second pic. Austin looks really badass there. Maybe the Savior who cut Michonne's locs can work their magic on Dwight.

3. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @Doctor Grimes I need your help please....I made this appreciation thread for Dwight/Austin Amelio, is there a way we can put it under the "characters and cast" tab? His name would need to be added if that's ok This way I can find it easier..And this can be a sub forum to his name tab? I was hoping it was ok that he has his own name thread bc since he's a reccuring character for S7. I didnt quite know how to explain it so I hope it makes sense lol.. Thank you!!! :)

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ikr!!! Lol that's why I was posting a few weeks ago that the actor is really HOT in real life (I just wish he would gain some weight but I know he can't for his TWD character)...I saw his movie today and he's really talented. In the movie he was funny and not at all like Dwight. He's so diverse :)

ETA: This is the movie Austins in, his character is a main character. He was really funny. The movie "Everybody wants some," wasn't like Oscar quality lol but it was good :)

[​IMG]

#4 DixonGrimes, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Gooey Goobert likes this.
  5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can add one!

DixonGrimes likes this.
  6. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Thank you so much!!!! :)

I just saw the change come through, You're the best @Doctor Grimes !!! Thank you so much for all your hard work on this site. We all appreciate you

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  7. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wish Dwight looked like this on the show. Austin is so hot in this pic OMG :hearts:

[​IMG]

8. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    :hearts:

DixonGrimes likes this.
  9. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    He really does look sexy in that second pic. Maybe when Darcille happens (crosses fingers) he can join our group (doubtful, but hey...)

Gooey Goobert and Doctor Grimes like this.
  10. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I liked him right from the jump. Something about him/the actor who plays him is really authentic. I'm excited to see what they do with his character!

lovingdead, DixonGrimes and Katbird like this.
  11. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hi, to all...just a question to help me understand a little more about Dwight's situation. (I don't know how to do the threads.). A previous post mentioned that Austin Amelio said Dwight didn't want to kill Daryl. Why, then, did he kill Denise? Was it really a mistake? Like, he intended to wound one of them and the shot was fatal? Was what he was doing for tbe benefit (meaning, they would see him as all in for their group) of the other Saviors? Was he trying to give Daryl a clue telling him that they would take who they wanted when they came to the ASZ--that that was what happened to him with is girlfriend? I get the Saviors wanted them all as hostages and that's why he didn't kill him in the woods when they had G!enn and Michonne. I am just wondering a lot about him (Dwight) and how it will play out when S7 begins.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  12. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well.. :)

in the comics Dwight joins forces with Rick but that won't happen if Darcielle happens. And Dwight doesn't want Daryl to die so he just wounded him :)

Katbird likes this.
  13. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Here's an article that Austin did where he explains that Dwight doesn't want to kill Daryl.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...explains-that-crazy-ending-with-daryl-w200398

In order for Dwight to get his comic arc, Daryl can not die. Dwight said that the crossbow kicks, I personally think he meant to just wound someone not actually kill Denise. In "Always Accountable" he said that he's never killed a living. I think Dwight is actually a good guy being forced to do things by Negan. But ultimately Dwight gets tired from kneeling and he's mad that
    Negan
    burned his face.

Also Dwight couldn't let the group go bc he was surrounded by saviours. I have a strong theory that Dwight wounded Daryl on purpose to save him from being lucielled. I think Dwight always remembers that Daryl tried to help him. They gave Daryl a blanket lol he's not gonna die. Thus this sets up S7 for Dwights arc to take place. :)

Katbird likes this.
  14. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  15. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, that makes sense. He was definitely between a rock and a hard place with the Saviors, I was thinking that it was all posturing for them. I remembered he told Daryl that he had never killed anyone when they were in the burned forest...I knew the creatives didn't have Daryl ask him the Three Questions for nothing...and didn't know that was his wife, poor guy.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  16. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yeah it was interesting too because Daryl's parrell has always been fire and he meets Dwight in the burnt forest then Daryl finds the truck containing the nuke and later Dwight gets his face burnt. I'm so interested in seeing how Dwight & Daryls stories will be in S7. Gonna be interesting because they're the only ones with the fire parrell.

Katbird likes this.
  17. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    DixonGrimes likes this.
  18. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Even though he's only been in 3 episodes, I like Dwight better than I like half of TF lol

From the looks of it, while still not 100% confirmed it looks like my Daryl/ Dwight theory is going to come true! , that means Daryl does not get lucielled and he and Dwight will have the arc to revolt against Negan Lol I'm so excited XD
    (ps I don't think Daryl will have Carl's arc lol Daryl isn't gonna want to talk to Negan)

#18 DixonGrimes, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Katbird likes this.
  19. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Oooo! I'm all tingly just thinking about it. I can't see Daryl wanting anything from Negan but his head on a stick. Especially if it is Glenn that is killed. Those two have been through just as much shit together as Rick and Daryl have. I an anxious to see how he (Daryl) is able to curtail his impulses until the right time. Survivors of abuse know how to mask and read feelings, but can be subject to impulsive behavior. And that lead Savior guy was way too good and interesting to just stay a soldier of Negan's. I am hoping he helps in whatever plan they come up with...that would make a great story. Daryl is not going to rest until Negan is dead.

yuna and DixonGrimes like this.
  20. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I met Dwight/Austin this weekend at WScon and he was literally one of the nicest people that I've ever met in my life. When he was talking, I thought about when I posted about him being my #3 favorite character in our "TWD hottest guys thread" lol and all the trashy things I said about him and what I'd do lol :p:dump:...He was so humble, sweet, perfect and gives great hugs. :hearts:

image.jpeg

QueenTee and Katbird like this.