1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwight

Discussion in 'Characters & Cast' started by Joan Holloway, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I didn't see a thread on him, so I thought I'd start one. What does everyone think of him? Do you think he'll be like his comic character or will they manage to make him revolve around daryl? I think the burns on his face look realistic, I'm glad nicotero didn't go overboard with his make up.
    I hate that he killed denise, but he said he was aiming for daryl! If he killed him, he would've been my favorite character! smh

DixonGrimes likes this.
  2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I love Dwight. Instant new favourite. I didn't reach his arc in the comics so I have nothing to compare him to but he's a lot better this time around than his first appearance. I don't even blame him for killing Denise. He was trying to do God's work and finish Daryl but poor guy just has terrible aim.

3. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  4. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Agreed! I find the actor to be quite good and his few minutes on screen were more interesting than Daryl's entire 6b arc to be honest. I'm so happy they didn't make him unrealistically grotesque like his GN counterpart and I hope that he is the new Daryl for TF after he betrays Negan and after
    Daryl gets the bat in 6.16.
    What? If I say it enough, it will happen, right??

Clutterbuck, Lilly965 and Appetence like this.
  5. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I didn't feel him when we were first introduced to him. That's one of the reasons I thought that they would need Daryl, to carry the Survivor arc to some degree. But his second introduction was so much better. Now this guy, as creepy and sad and compelling as he is, can carry the arc. In those 5 minutes, Daryl became completely useless. There really is no reason for him now, not that there was much reason before.

Joan Holloway likes this.
  6. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really liked him right from the jump. I remember seeing a few people on the other site when he was first introduced bitching about the casting. I am not a GN reader, so I don't know... I think the casting is good. The actor has something about him, his look and delivery seem to fit the character well.

I also thought the makeup was done well to show his burn, not too over the top, which I was afraid of.

Thumbs up for Dwight from me!

DixonGrimes likes this.
  7. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    He seemed to have lost a lot of weight since his first intro. He looks a lot more like the Comic character now then he did before and not just cuz the burn.

Appetence likes this.
  8. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He pulls off the look of a guy who's had his ass handed to him in the post-apocalyptic world, that's for sure! I think he will play this character quite well!

9. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I didn't like him at all the first go around, but this second introduction has me willing to give him a chance.

10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I liked him this episode. I think I'm gonna like him more in the show than the GN. He was very boring to me in the GN and just slid under the radar for me. I wish his scar was a bit more prominent. Not too grotesque, but not so subtle like it is now.
    Theoretically I could see Dwight retaining his GN role, and his moment of redemption could be Daryl's last hurrah if Darcielle happens. I don't hate Daryl but I love Glenn more. Of course, that moment won't come to pass until later. I'm grasping straws here...

11. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was pretty meh about him in 6A but after last night I'm more interested. I'm intrigued to see what, if any, changes they'll make from his comic counterpart. So help me god if he just revolves around Daryl or is made to be like Daryl's evil twin.:carl2:

Now if he could just work on his aim....

12. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    How I feel about Dwight? His aim sucks and he took my oatmeal princess away from me so...
    [​IMG]

Joan Holloway likes this.
  13. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ok, maybe it's just me, but anyone else see a resemblance?! Not just looks but his delivery?
    While watching the episode last night, he reminded me of someone and I just figured out who!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    i never thought of it, but i totally see it! His face is a little more narrow though

15. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
  16. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like Dwight!! Well for now that is lol if my theory about him is true then he will become one of my favorite people.

i posted this in another thread but I'll share here. I did research on the GN and in the comics, Dwight got burned by Negan for sleeping with his own girlfriend (but she's also one if Negans wives) , Dwight doesn't like kneeling anymore like he said in 6A so he goes to Rick and joins forces to kill Negan. Dwight later takes over the saviours and as leader and keeps them good.....Now here's where my theory comes in...Austin did a news article and said Dwight doesn't want to kill Daryl. That's why Dwight says "you'll be alright." And shoots him in a way so he doesn't die..Now Dwight knows Negan very well. My theory is that Negan likes to keep the weak to make them his slaves and more likely to kill someone strong that will go against him like when Abe bucked to him and sat up strong. If Dwight takes his big comic arc, then killing Daryl or helping Daryl get killed, Ricks brother is not going to go over well with Rick and Rick would never work with Dwight BUT Dwight keeping Daryl from getting lucielled by making him temporary weak, will infact make Rick work with Dwight bc he kept Daryl alive. Daryl having a blanket on him tells me he's being kept alive and will live bc supplies are sacred and there not gonna give a blanket to a man they're gonna kill...And I know Glenn is close to Rick but Daryl is seen as closer to Rick.

Anyways that's my theory :)

Katbird likes this.