1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation Evidence for Who is Dying in 6B [SPOILERS INCLUDED]

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    GLENN IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):
    The prop master (John Sanders) referred to working with Steven in the past tense at the Smithsonian panel in D.C. He referred to everyone else in the present tense.

SY has said he wants Glenn to get his comic death.
    [​IMG]

Chandler gave a quote that could indicate no more Glenn fake deaths:

The Glenn death-scare was one of the most talked about moments ever in "The Walking Dead," how do the big moments in the second-half compare to that?

There's not going to be another fake-out, like you believe a character is dead and they come back. And it’s like, "Just kidding!" That’s not going to happen again. No way. I do think there are some big and exciting moments, and they're going to shock a lot of people.

(Huffington Post)​

Steven was confirmed to be filming on the Friday the Lucille scene was shot.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan said the scene will be played relatively straight from the comic:

But what fans really want to know is just how the comic book character will translate on screen. "As far as I know, it's going to be very much parallel to the comic books," Morgan hints. "If you know what's coming, then I don't have to tell you." (TV Guide)​

On @Midnight a year ago, Kirkman said, "Eventually a character named Negan is introduced, and he’s going to bash in Glenn’s brains with a baseball bat called Lucille." (E!Online)

Glenn is surrounded by baseball bat imagery.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Down to baseball caps:
    [​IMG]

Even Maggie is holding a baseball bat when they first meet.
    [​IMG]

There's a charity luncheon in the Spring with Michael, Norman, and Andy in Atlanta -- presumably when they return to filming. Notice that Steven isn't in attendance.

Glenn's name was never erased from the memorial wall in Alexandria.

Maggie was seen looking out the window at a woman (who resembled her) crying over the body of a man.

The opening scene of this season was Deanna in a pool of Reg's blood. Maggie is Deanna's protege. The season could end with Maggie in Glenn's blood.

GLENN IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

DARYL IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):
    NR was filming the day the Lucille scene was shot.

Daryl offered to sacrifice himself for Rick's crimes in "A". There could be a parallel to that scene.

Daryl was on his knees, threatened with a baseball bat in "No Sanctuary".
    [​IMG]

There's some death imagery tied with Daryl in "Always Accountable":
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daryl uttered a line very similar to the one comic Glenn says before he dies in "The Next World":

Daryl (to Rick): "Don't, don't, please don't."
    Comic Glenn (to Negan): "Please. Please don't."​

Daryl is in the spot Glenn was in Rick's "coup" speech.

Comic Rick: "From Andrea, from Abraham, from Michonne, from Glenn, from me?"
    TV Rick: "From Glenn, from Michonne, from Daryl, from me?"​

DARYL IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):
    NR said in this interview:

that he was coming back for season 7 in the Spring.

Andy made a slip about putting a goat in NR's trailer when they get back to filming.

"I will be getting a goat next season and sticking it, on the first day of shooting, in his trailer. I'm going to take him down."​

There's a charity luncheon in the Spring with Michael, Norman, and Andy in Atlanta -- presumably when they return to filming.

RICK IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

For this season finale, Andy commissioned a "Falled Soldier" pin for the cast and crew.
    [​IMG]
    which could indicate some "dead Rick" imagery. (All of the items of the "fallen soldier" are associated with Rick)

Andy referred to playing Rick Grimes in the past tense in this interview:

AL: "But always the thing that kept me into playing Rick was that relationship. The fact that he was a father first."
    However this could just be him referring to Rick's relationship with Carl -- which could indicate the Rick and Carl dynamic will be changing greatly at the end of this season.

RICK IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Andy made that slip about putting a goat in NR's trailer when they return to filming. So while this was a hint that NR is coming back, it works both ways and hints at Andy's return.

He's Rick Grimes. No, he's not dying.

ABRAHAM IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Abraham is getting a lot of focus in this backhalf of season six, which could be indicative they're setting him up to die.

Michael Cudlitz was filming with the same group that was meeting with the Saviors during the finale.

Nicotero said they were ramping up to a "major death" in the finale, and some have speculated this could be a tongue-in-cheek way of hinting that whoever is dying is a military man (a la a "major" in the military); however, Abraham is a sergeant, so that doesn't quite fit.

Abraham died around this point in the comic storyline.

There've been reports that Cudlitz has referred to filming in the past tense / Abraham's character in the past tense (I don't have any citations for this though).

ABRAHAM IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

No reason evidence to say he's not, except that Kirkman said he always regretted giving Abraham the bolt through the eye. He felt it was too early.

MORGAN IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Morgan has been peddling the "all life is precious" philosophy. Morgan locked up a man in a cage. In the comic, Rick locks Negan up in a cage. If Morgan dies, it would explain Rick trying to live to Morgan's example.

MORGAN IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Morgan was not filming at the Lucille scene that we know of, which means if Morgan IS dying, he's not getting the Lucille death.

DENISE IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Merritt was last seen filming with Daryl and Rosita during episode 14 (the episode Dwight was slated to return). We have a suspicion Dwight kills someone with Daryl's crossbow in a manner similar to Abe's death in the comic.

Denise has been spending a lot of time with Daryl; Daryl will feel guilt over her death due to his recent closeness with her.

DENISE IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

TARA IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Alanna was last seen filming during episode 14 (the episode Dwight was slated to return). We have a suspicion Dwight kills someone with Daryl's crossbow in a manner similar to Abe's death in the comic.

Denise has been spending a lot of time with Daryl; Daryl would feel like he owes Denise because her girlfriend got killed.

Alanna got teary-eyed during a premiere event panel when talking about the show.

TARA IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

ROSITA IS DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

Christian got teary-eyed during a premiere event panel with talking about the show.

Cudlitz posted a lot of pictures of Christian during the filming of the last stretch of episodes.

Christian was last scene filming for episode 15 during a scene where blood spatters and someone presumably dies.

The necklace she made for Abe got left in the woods.

ROSITA IS NOT DYING (THE EVIDENCE):

This will be updated as I find more evidence supporting or debunking death speculation.

#1 Doctor Grimes, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel pretty good saying the following are safe as there's no indicators filming or otherwise to hint at their death:
    • Carl
    • Carol
    • Maggie
    • Michonne
    • Sasha
    • Eugene
    • Aaron
    • Spencer
    • Gabriel
    • Judith
    • Heath
    Even Morgan seems pretty safe. I only included him since he was everyone's #1 pick for Lucille early this season.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Maggie and Michonne are soulmates.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    As long as Maggie is safe, I'm fine.
    I'm now gonna sit down and wait for the most anticipated scene of The Walking Dead.
    Great work on your evidence!

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  4. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I feel no strong ties to Morgan anymore and that is due to the writers and this god awful "all life is precious" storyline. He actually fought a member of team family over the life of a wolf. I just can't, I would not be sad at all if TPTB took the easy way out with the Lucille death and choose Morgan.

But my gut and heart says its Glenn.
    [​IMG]

vinivre, Eilis, FoxC and 2 others like this.
  5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Did you only put Rick on here to make me freak out in public? :p

Great work per usual. Damn, Glenn....:(

I'm going to cling to the raft @MamaGrimes

Yeah, I think we've all figured Tara was done for.

MamaGrimes and Doctor Grimes like this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I actually find Morgan's arc fascinating, but I get why it's turning people off of him. It's just nice to see someone take such an opposing philosophy at this late stage. I didn't care for him and Carol fighting, but I think both parties were in the wrong.

My gut is saying Glenn too. :( ugh.

7. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick will be fine, but that pin still makes me throw some nervous side-eye.

In my heart, I still ship Darcille, but the dream is slowly dying.

Clutterbuck likes this.
  8. Armte

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hated the Carol/Morgan fight, they both should have just looked at each other and said "stop, this is stupid, we are both wrong".

I also prefer Morgan for the bat because I am the least emotionally attached to him out of everyone speculated to be in the line up. I will not be a puddle on the floor if he were to die, I would be sad but not devastated, I am selfish like that.

9. Armte

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I just realize I did not mention Daryl in my previous post and that's because I have come to terms with Daryl outliving everyone due to his cash cow status. It will be Daryl, Judith and any new Richonne spawns in the future Walking dead spinoffs.

10. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Dat Glenn evidence. Ugh.

[​IMG]

11. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Daryl the old redneck rat sensei.

Armte likes this.
  12. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Damn, Glenn is so dead.

I wouldn't stress the pin that AL designed. A fallen soldier could be how he viewed Rick at the end of filming S6. As in, Rick surrenders to Negan. Andrew Lincoln probably didn't digest that news very well especially since he doesn't read the comics. Hopefully someone filled him in about what happens though. It could also add to the reason he was so angry about the finale too.

13. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm crying. I'm going to need some sort of support, coping, after this finale. This is going to be absolutely BRUTAL. Glenn has been my fav since S1. Until Michonne arrives, and Rick gave his Ricktatorship speech, but still he's always been at the top. I defended him with my last dying breath when every season people were wishing death upon him. Then they kept doing the fake outs and I'm like Glenn is immortal. They are playing with our emotions but they aren't going to do it. He's so valuable. And...now...when he is happy and having a baby... I'm not going to be okay. I got Richonne but now my Richonne comes at a price and that's Glenn. I'm not okay with this dammit. Wtf. Wtff. And anybody who can like Negan after this...no. no no no. Ugh. F*cking Daryl just goddamned go away. :(

14. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah this was pretty much what I figured once I climbed off the ledge.

ETA: Shame on me for ever finding the damn goat quote.

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Good call on the "fallen soldier" meaning surrender as well. That could very well apply -- and we know Rick is going to be bending at the knee for Negan in order to keep the rest of his group alive.

On the Glenn evidence front, I also forgot to add the fact Glenn's name is still on the memorial wall -- so there's even more little hints that he's a goner. As well as Maggie looking out the window to see a woman eerily like her crying over a man's body. Plus Maggie being the one who tells Rick, "It'll cost us something."

I know. I hate it too. Glenn has been one of my faves since the beginning. I've loved him since the moment I heard his voice over that tank radio. Now he goes out like this? It's just cruel. The writers are sadistic.

16. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    If Glenn dies I'm going to be a mess. An absolute mess.

If Rick dies I would be too shocked and upset to even form a coherent thought. This show would not work without Rick Grimes or Andy.

NR may be AMC's cash cow but there's no greater ambassador to the show than AL. His enthusiasm, thoughtful commentary, leadership role amongst the cast and crew can't be replicated. Losing him would be losing a huge part of what makes the show so special.

17. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really think killing Rick is show suicide. As much as they say hes not safe. Um.... we started with him, we should finish with him. We know the most about him. I love Michonne, but I would stop watching if Rick dies with no interest at all in returning. (If Michonne were to die, Id stop watching but probably binge years later )

18. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm just disgusted. All the touting of Daryl/NR for 6B.......Glenn and Steven deserve better than this.

FLNatural, Shown, Andrick and 5 others like this.
  19. DaisyRey

DaisyRey This Is Different
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for putting this together, @Doctor Grimes.

The fact that there's NO evidence that Glenn's not dying...

[​IMG]

20. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I'm not too much of a spoiler person. I like to see it live, but I may have to for these few ep because I can't handle it. I need to prepare.

That Glen evidence is too much, even though I slightly think it won't happen because of his many near deaths. But that might be even why they do it. I didn't know he wanted to die his comic death. Why Steven Why??!!! Noooo he's an original and Rick's right-hand (other than Michonne- obviously), this is going to be sickening.