1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Exclusive deleted scene shows more Glenn and Nicholas intrigue (Entertainment Weekly)

Discussion in 'Season 6' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You can see the deleted scene here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/26/walking-dead-deleted-scene-glenn-nicholas

Here's some text from the article:

In this exclusive deleted scene from the season 6 premiere that will be included on The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray + Digital HD and DVD sets (available on August 23), we see Nicholas approach Glenn on the road while they are setting up their zombie quarry herding plan. “I know you don’t think I’m ready,” says Nicholas. “You’re not,” replies Glenn.

The conversation then turns to Glenn’s decision to keep Nicholas’ attempt to kill him a secret, and where the two can go from there. Glenn then orders Nicholas to dig a ditch… which I suppose might have been used later to bury Nicholas, had he not, you know, been eaten.​

2. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    I can see why they cut that, since it didn't include anything we couldn't glean from context. "You're not ready" is also stated by Glenn when they were in the planning stage, and then on the day of Operation Pied Piper (or whatever it's called).

I don't know about it being "fascinating," but I'm a sucker for redemption themes so I didn't mind what they did with Nicholas. While everyone was low on spirits during S5, the level to which Glenn hardened was very shocking to me. He was like the anti-Bob, with what he said about killing Dawn and how harsh he was to Michonne in Richmond. It was nice to see his compassion and kindness return in S6, except I found the parts with Nicholas dragged while the ones with Enid were actually fascinating what with the biblical allusions and all.

3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was wondering why there was no follow up to Nicholas' offering to help in the plan since Glenn looked peeved, but I guess here is the scene.

It's sad to watch Nicholas talk about his spared life having to mean something given everything that follows after.

4. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah I can see why they didn't think this was needed. Though I love me some Glenn snark so they could've kept it. :lol:

Not gonna lie, any deleted Glenn stuff is going to piss me off. :grumpy:

5. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am both nervous and excited about what other potential deleted scenes will be on the DVD set. :gabe:

6. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Meeeeee Toooooooo....

7. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Do they usually tell us what the deleted scenes are before the release? Also when is the release?:sneaky:

8. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The release is August 23rd. Sometimes some deleted scenes are released online, not all of them, but no they never give a list of what the deleted scenes are beforehand.

9. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Thanks Clutterbuck :holdheart:

I feel like we will get a deleted Richonne scene. I think they had more scenes in Knots Untied for some reason. Either a scene after Jesus left the bedroom or a scene when they arrived back to AZ

box5angel and Clutterbuck like this.
  10. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope we'll get to see Gabe's deleted stuff from 6x08. Seth Gilliam said that they shot entire sequence that was supposed to be at the very beginning of 6x08 just after tower fell, where Gabriel leads his flock (that was with him at the end of 6x07) to safety killing some walkers on the way, then makes sure they're safe inside and heads out to look for people to help out (that's why we see him running with bloodied machete when he runs into Rick, Carl, MIchonne Deanna and Ron). Unfortunately the sequence was cut.

11. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Whaaaat that sounds fantastic. Why would they cut out something like that? I guess time? Man, I hope it's definitely in the boxset.

12. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Either for time or they wanted to have more of an uncertainty when Gabriel takes Judith in 6x09 and then to have more of an impact when he decides to join the fight.

13. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    I would really love to see that scene with Gabriel. It would go a long way to explain to me why Rick was willing to trust him with ASZ's security for the finale.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  14. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Me too.
    I know what would piss me off and what would excite me.