1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Scene(s)/Moment(s) in "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"

Discussion in '7x01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So what were you favorite scene(s) or moment(s) from the episode?

(Hard for this one, I know.)

I enjoyed Carl comforting Maggie. My heart swelled (in a good way).

So painful. But so good.

2. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I loved the ending scene with the group supporting each other through these devastating losses. Rick and Michonne pleading for Carl's safety and Glenn saying "Maggie, I'll find you" just broke my heart

#2 BumpinGrimes, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My absolute favourite was TF coming together in the end. I'm not talking about the dinner scene even though that was lovely (and everyone was looking extra fine too) but the scene where they're picking up the pieces. Small stuff like Rick telling Maggie Glenn was their family too. Michonne being there for Maggie and Sasha declaring that she will look after her. Maggie reaching to embrace Carl. Sasha and Rosita putting aside their difference. Eugene helping those two carry Abe while Aaron helped with Glenn's body. It's that moment where I felt that TF is TF.

4. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    There are a lot that will probably stay with me a looong time, but for more uplifting moments, Sasha promising to take care of Maggie really struck me, hard. Sonequa was so tender in that moment and their little forehead touch was heartbreaking but so good to see in that aftermath.

5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

She has a gun to her head.

#5 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 24, 2016
  6. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  7. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  8. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The bit where Rick hallucinates Daryl getting Lucilled.

9. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I loved that Rick's scrappiness was on full display this episode.

Until Negan finally managed to break him, that is. :michomg:

So all of the moments when Rick dug down deep and kept fighting and trying to find a way to kill Negan was my favorite part. Even the part when he did what Negan said and spoke when he was spoken to...Negan: "Should I give you another chance?" Rick: "Yeah. Yes."...Even though it was hard to put himself at someone's mercy like that, Rick always does what he has to do. He's a survivor, and we really got to see that this episode. That was one of the things I really liked.

Nicole, Katbird, CDCsuzy and 12 others like this.
  10. Rickscolt

Rickscolt Eating your protein bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The end. When Sasha reached out to Rosita, Maggie being the first one to get up. Carl comforting Maggie... TF was everything.

The entire cast brought their A-game and even though there's nobody as amazing as AL I gotta give it up for Lauren who was absolutely fantastic in her performance.

11. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace Guts.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So there were so many bleak moments this episode, but a few little bits I did cherish....

-The look between Richonne once Negan brings Rick back to the clearing. While it broke my heart to see both Rick and Michonne broken, I did appreciate that they exchanged a glance during such a traumatizing moment.

-The dream sequence. I cried. It is just so gut wrenching to think such a happy future will never happen. To see TF all smiling during a family type dinner with Gleggie baby and preggo Sasha. But it was strangely nice to imagine a happier time that could have been.

-Rick, though eventually broken, demonstrating ONCE AGAIN how strong he is. I don't care what anyone says, this episode showed the extent it takes to break Rick. Even after the LV, he was still going down fighting with Negan, fighting weapon less again a herd of walkers, doing whatever he needed to do to survive and for TF. This episode just made me love Rick even more (if possible).

-Basically the end where TF come together in grief. The whole thing was just heartwarming. The fact that TF STILL pull together despite the extreme trauma and torture they just went through really just shows their strength. It shows how much they love each other. Really touching.

12. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick/AL was truly wonderful in this episode and I understand completely why AL had to go home to the UK and sleep for a week afterward. I thought his scenes were great.

I loved when Abe held up his two fingers for Sasha once he was chosen, and I loved Sasha's reaction when she saw them. It was a devastating moment, and played out well by both actors.

I loved Rick and Michonne sharing a look after Rick returned from the RV ride. I'll have to rewatch, but I think Negan caught that. He seemed to look between them and nod as if he figured it out.

I thought Glenn's death was brutal. I can't choose it as a favorite moment, but SY and LC did an excellent job. I didn't see all of it because I left the room but I did see up to when Glenn said "Maggie..."

I'm also pleased no one blamed Rick, or anyone, in the group. So pleased Sasha acknowledged Rosita before taking Abe's body. So, not a fave moment, but a moment I really appreciated.

I'm thankful Gimple and Nicotero showed us the family Aaron saw in season 5 instead of showing us a family divided.

Nicole, Katbird, CDCsuzy and 15 others like this.
  13. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Pretty much Negan the whole episode: [​IMG]

14. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    HEAR!!! HEAR!!!

THE WOMENFOLK THO !!!
    • Michonne tries to save Carl (and Rick) with a gun to her head.
    • Maggie gets up, gets her dead husband and wants everyone to get ready to fight back.
    • Sasha and Rosita put aside their differences (bury the hatchet) for the sake of the family and the memory of Abe.
    Negan thinks he took out Rick's right handmen not realising that he left four of the most formidable warriors on his team... angry and pissed off.

#14 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 24, 2016
  15. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know how I forgot this, but I think every moment of Carl was a favorite for me. I really like Carl and CR, and I hope he has some more moments to shine this season.

16. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    As others have said, it's very hard to think of 'favorite' scenes in an episode like this one so I'm going to instead think of the most memorable, compelling ones.

Negan forcing Rick to chop Carl's arm and finally breaking Rick down. Andy and Chandler were phenomenal and my heart raced even as it broke.

Michonne reassuring (as only a panicked mother could) that they understood and he didn't have to hurt Carl. That small moment was so packed full of Grimes 2.0 love, my broken heart allowed some hope to come in.

The ending when TF did what TF always does. Support and love each other unconditionally. THEY are the reason I still watch this show every week and THEY will be why I stick with the show till the end.

17. Cherish

Cherish Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Negan threatening to cut Daryl up.
    Momma Bear Michonne trying to protect Carl
    TF coming together at the end despite their devastating loses
    Carl hugging Maggie

18. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Carl was the star of this episode for me. The scene where Negan called him over and he was so completely willing to do what had to be done so his family could be safe. Ugh I love Carl.

19. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think the overall strength of TF, even in his weakest moments you still see strength in Rick. Goes for everyone - Maggie, Carl, Glenn, Michonne, Sasha...you know they have fallen but these people will get back up again
    Theyre survivors to their cores, for some of them this isnt even the worst thing rhat has happened to them.

20. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My favorite scenes were:
    Abe's peace sign to Sasha and her gasp/gulp cry in response T_T
    Rick's flashback of moments with Michonne
    Michonne looking at Rick with love and pain in her eyes
    Michonne pleading with Negan
    Carl telling Rick to just do it
    All of the daylight scenes with a broken TF. Maggie's lines in particular
    Sasha and Rosita
    Carl and Maggie hugging. He's a bad ass with a heart of gold like his father
    The family dinner scene
    Baby Gleggie
    Pregnant Sasha with her beautiful hair out and a happy, relaxed Abe by her side
    Michonne by Rick's side

I thought it was interesting Rick had Gabe on his left at the table. It gave me joy that it wasn't Daryl next to him:mal:

Rick's eyes at the end of the episode were Oscar worthy.