1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Scene(s)/Moment(s) in "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"

Discussion in '7x01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Another one i like is Rick telling negan he was going to kill him

2. Buttons&Applesauce

Buttons&Applesauce Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Watching TF come together at the end.

The acting, especially Andy, Lauren and Chandler.

Abe's last words. I like to imagine he got to the pearly gates and shouted, "Who's St. Peter?"

3. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    I know, right? Andy went alllll the way to a soul searching DEEP and very dark place for those scenes to have them come off as realistic and well done as they did. I mean, Rick was literally B-R-O-K-E-N. I think this is what made some people very uncomfortable seeing Rick this anguished. I know it was KILLING me every step of way. AL keep that sh*t REAL son! Men are tradionally not shown to be this broken on screen, and keep some semblance of their "manhood" so to speak. I have yet to know of a male acting performance at least on TV where the man is THIS broken down and in despair. Rick was completely emasculated here and AL showed that very painful aspect so beautifully. Kudos to you Andy!

I would love to find out what was going through his mind during these scenes. Obviously he was thinking of some crazy dark things.

4. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought that, too, but I wasn't gonna say anything because, well, I'll be honest, I was looking to see where Rick and Michonne were, lol! But after I saw where they were, I looked at the rest of the table and thought, "Hmm, why aren't Carol and Daryl sitting together?" Not that I ship Caryl or anything, but I still thought it was kind of odd.

Danaisbestie and Richonne4Lyfe like this.
  5. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I feel like Carol and Daryl (and their arcs) will drift further and further apart this season. Let's face it, they had a total of 3 conversations in season 6? If that many. And now they've both been "exiled" to two completely different communities. It's a shame because even though i'm not a Caryl shipper either, nor a fan of either character, their relationship was one of the best developed on the show, and it seems to have been tossed to the side.

As for favourite moments from 7x01? You guys have named them all for me so to summarise: the dream dinner scene; Mama Michonne; AL's incredibly acting during the Rick and Carl scene; Carl being so brave; Sasha and Maggie; Maggie and Carl's hug; and Sasha and Rosita.

6. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    1. The small little Sasha/Rosita moment where they come together in their grief

2. Carl comforting Maggie

3. Maggie wanting to fight, almost immediately

4. The end credits

7. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Hanged Man

If life is not going the way you planned or want, no matter how much you do, then much is to be gained by letting go of your constant struggle and look at things from another perspective. Take time to stand outside the situation and view the bigger picture. It is a time to surrender and trust that life will support you and deliver you to a better place than where you currently are. You must look within for fulfillment in life. It would be a useful time to meditate on the underlying currents in your life and see what part you play, or have played, in your predicament. A time to take responsibility for where you are now, and less blaming of others and feeling victimized. This is no time to struggle, for what ever you attempt under the influence of The Hanged Man is bound to come back at you and deplete your energies.

Enjoy this period of suspension and take the time to go within. It is only on the outside that things have ground to a halt. On the spiritual plane things have already started to shift, and time spent in reflection now will put you in a better place for when life activates again. It will allow you to apply your new insight and knowledge gained to what is truly useful and of worth. It can signify a quiet peaceful time after a difficult period.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

REVERSED HANGED MAN TAROT CARD MEANINGS

The Hanged Man reversed represents a period when you feel you are sacrificing a lot and getting nothing in return. You may have felt things were at an absolute standstill, with no movement or resolution. It is as though you are suspended in time and unable to make a move forward, backward or even sideways to get out of your current situation. Your own goals and dreams are put on hold because of external realities or internal issues. This is an energy that is passing out of your life and you can now expect things to start happening once again and major changes to occur. This period of suspension is like a catalyst for what is to come.

You may be putting off making a decision, in the hope that it will all sort itself out eventually. However, this is often just wishful thinking. What is happening is that you are simply stalling the inevitable and you will at some point be pushed to make a final decision and to make a sacrifice in the process. In a reading where a relationship has been put on hold, the Hanged Man reversed suggests that you are happy to wait around, to a point. You realise that this relationship will evolve over time and that, due to its complexities, it cannot be rushed. However, you also do not want to be ‘on hold’ forever and you acknowledge that there will come a time when you must make a decision about your current relationship.

The Hanged Man reversed suggests a loss of faith in your ability to surmount life’s obstacles. You may be refusing to go within for spiritual nourishment. It is very important at this time to look within through meditation and restore your faith in your ability to get over life’s challenges. Know that this difficult time will soon pass. Accept your circumstances and be at peace with yourself.

Alternatively, you may be preoccupied with yourself and unwilling to make a necessary sacrifice or compromise for the greater good. You may be acting in a selfish or even arrogant manner, and significantly disengaging others who are trying to work cooperatively with you.

#47 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  8. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I wonder what Mama Clutterbuck thought of his acting here ????

9. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    I think this is why she was so concerned about him when he went home to England. Here is one of the articles about it..

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7: Andrew Lincoln’s Mom Has Strong Feelings About The Premiere

Andrew Lincoln’s mother is the epitome of all The Walking Dead fans that have ever existed. She was on team Richonne before anyone else, she worries about Daryl, but most important of all, she’s worried about Rick going all Shane again like the rest of us.

Lincoln chatted with Entertainment Weekly about The Walking Dead Season 7, where he revealed his mother’s reaction to the Season 6 cliffhanger. Lincoln’s mom was concerned Rick wouldn’t be able to get out of the funk, but also whether her son could go to the dark place to get through filming the first episodes of Season 7.

“I remember my mother said to me, ‘That’s going to be quite a challenge to get back into that state that you were straight after a break,’” Lincoln told EW . “And I just said, ‘Thanks, mom. That’s kind of my job, thank you.’”

That said, Negan’s introduction opens up The Walking Dead world in ways fans haven’t seen before. Rick’s group have encountered small communities, and it’s usually one at a time. For example, The Governor’s community was similar to Alexandria. They had weapons and a system in place to keep its people in place. However, they didn’t have Rick as a leader, so it was long before the Governor lost control of himself and his people.

Negan loves power and doesn’t have the Governor’s insecurities. In fact, Negan has a god complex only another narcissist could understand. If Shane were still around, he’d probably be more like Negan and less like Rick.

CDCsuzy likes this.
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Bitter Bunker Husband
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This more or less is my favorite moment.
    [​IMG]
    These two saviors reaction to Glenn's death :lol:

#50 Jimmy, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  11. Susannah Dean

Susannah Dean Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    All of the Negan + Rick scenes are my favorites & the subtly flirty exchanges been Negan and Simon.

12. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Thank-you, for that @ALDGRichonneLover. I love his mama!

13. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    One of my favorite scenes as well as all of the ones already stated was the one when Rick looks at Maggie(when they were preparing to take Glenn's body to the RV) and says "He was our family too" and then Maggie looks at him, before allowing Carl to help her up.

lovingdead likes this.
  14. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    The ending scene with TF showing love to each other. There is no dissention, no blame casting, just love and comfort and understanding and tenderness. Showing that truly they are a close knit family.

Another scene is the scene where Rick is on top of the RV. The imagery with the hanging walker is awesome. The walker is hanging at the end of a rope, while Rick is figuratively at the end of his rope. What brings him back is the thought of Michonne
    and Carl.

15. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    My favorite hands down is how they all picked themselves up afterwards. There was no blame just them coming together. Honestly I teared up multiple times during the episode but that was the one time they almost spilled over. I've been wanting them to look like a family again for so long. You forget sometimes how much they've been through together.

Also Michonne's face when she sees Rick has made it back. And when she pleaded when Carl was on the chopping block ( humor helps the pain)

That Maggie was the first to get up. She seemed so strong in that moment that I forgot about the fate of baby Rhee for a second.

That Maggie and Sasha had a moment for the first time since I think before Aaron found them

"Lucille is a vampire Bat" it made me laugh for a quick second

The way AL was able to convey how constantly close Rick was to breaking but then being able to pull himself back until they made it back to the clearing. The moment he begged Negan not to make him harm Carl gave me chills. Someone mentioned they'd want to know what was in his head at the time but honestly I'm too scared to

lovingdead and Barbarossa-TWD like this.