1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta General Season 7 Speculation [Spoilers May Be Included]

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Gooey Goobert, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :doc::doc::doc::allthethings:

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  2. Appetence

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Has anyone considered the possibility of Maggie losing it (if) Glenn dies AND she loses the baby going out "Holly" style?

It's been discussed that Sasha could take this death to avenge Abe, but really? They JUST got together. To me that would be a little over the top for her to go in guns blazing over Abe and dying this early in their relationship.

But Maggie on the other hand, I would not for a second question her acting in such a way if she loses Glenn and the baby.

hmmmmm......

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  3. WoodEroc76

WoodEroc76 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I hope to see Sasha at Hilltop with Maggie...I think Season 7 will be the rise of TWD Queens?
    [​IMG]

#123 WoodEroc76, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Yes, doesn't Negan have Tara and Heath? Isn't that how he got all the Intel on Rick and Team Family? I think that's what happened, huh? He captured them, tortured them or threatened one to make the other tell about the ASZ and the people there. He has so much intelligence on Team Fam, he probably has them.

5. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    He probably got the information on Rick and the group from Gregory.

zombie_ronin and Katbird like this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wonder if the flashbacks of each of the characters hints at what their arcs will be in season 7.

Glenn:
    Kissing Maggie. Maggie saying, "Yes" to his proposal. Glenn saying, "I'm a glass half-full kind of guy," to Rick (but without the sound). Glenn yelling while driving the Dodge Challenger from "Guts".

What it could hint at: His flashes I'm not really sure. Given I believe Glenn is a dead man, this could be just a glimmer of happy moments of his that don't hint at any one thing in particular. I do think it's ominous you can hear him screaming in his memory from "Guts" -- while it's happy yelling there, it still strikes me as "not good."​

Carl:
    Rick hugging Carl when he reunites with him in "Tell it to the Frogs". Rick gives Carl the deputy hat and says, "Since you're in the club now, you get to wear the hat," and Carl saying, "I love you, dad," and Rick saying, "I love you."

What it could hint at: Carl's main conflict in the season will be that with his father. He will wrestle with his love for his father ("I love you, dad"), but also his newfound strength and will to be a leader where his father fails ("you get to wear the hat"). ​

Daryl:
    Carrying Carol after she'd been thought dead. Daryl giving Carol the Cherokee rose and saying, "I believe this one bloomed for your little girl." Daryl feeding Judith a bottle when he named her "Lil Asskicker."

What it could hint at: All of Daryl's visions were about "hope": Carol being alive when she'd been thought dead; the Cherokee rose; and then Judith. I think Daryl's struggle in season 7 will be recapturing hope that he has lost. ​

Maggie:
    Reuniting with Glenn at the end of season 4. Her telling him, "You don't need a picture of me. You never will again," and burning the photograph. A scene of them kissing back on Hershel's farm. Hershel giving Glenn the pocket watch.

What it could hint at: I took it quite literal in a morbid sense. Glenn will never need a picture of Maggie -- because he will be dead. ​

Sasha:
    Abraham asking her, "You doing this because you want to die?" and Sasha replying, "No." Abe and Sasha walking along the ASZ wall together.

What it could hint at: I think this could be hinting (potentially) either at Sasha losing her will to live again (after suffering the loss of yet another lover) or perhaps an indicator of Sasha retaining her will to fight for life. ​

Michonne:
    When she tells Rick, "We can find a way. I'm still with you," in "Conquer." Walking on the train tracks in "Us" with Carl.

What it could hint at: I hate to say this since it seems all the flashes seem indicative of perhaps something they're about to lose, but I think this could mean just like it says: Michonne will ensure that her and Rick see a way through this. She will stick by his side. However, this could also indicate there will be trouble in paradise; perhaps Michonne won't like Rick's approach to the Negan problem. ​

Abraham:
    In the RV saying, "We can make it." Kissing Rosita in bed after they had sex. Abraham saying, "Dolphin Smooth." Abe and Sasha driving together (after he'd gone out of the car to kill walkers).

What it could hint at: One thing I noticed is in the scene where Abraham is in the car with Sasha, he does have blood on his head. I also think it's safe to say they don't all "make it". ​

Rosita:
    Lying in the rain with Tara from "Them". Then Glenn asking her, "Wherever we all wind up, you in?" and Rosita saying, "I'm in," from "Crossed".

What it could hint at: Either Rosita is going to betray them (she's not "in" any longer), which could happen if she's hanging out in Spencer's circle, or she will stay steadfast to the group. The Rosita/Tara shipper in me hopes the scene of her and Tara in the rain could be indicative of ~something, but I could be reading into a bit much. ​

Eugene:
    A montage of Eugene's bravery moments. "I've changed, adapted, I'm a survivor." Ending with Abe and Eugene hugging in 616.

What it could hint at: Eugene will continue to grow braver and stronger -- or perhaps he will lose what strength he's gotten in the wake of what happens in the premiere. ​

Aaron:
    The scene in "Conquer" when he was trapped in the car with Daryl. "We fight. But we do it together." The scene of him kissing Eric from "The Distance".

What it could hint at: My hope is this means Aaron will be one of the few who resists Negan's rule, and he'll be one of the primary people to try and unite the splintered group (because guaranteed it will be splintered). It's a very "united we stand, divided we fall" perspective. However, as I've said before, the flashes are indicative of things they're about to lose, so it's very possible it could also mean Aaron will lose his fighting spirit. ​

Rick:
    Rick telling Maggie, "Cause as long as it's all of us, we can do anything." Rick taking Judith out of the car in "The Distance" before they went into Alexandria. His eyes in "The Distance" when he heard the sound of children laughing. Rick reuniting with Judith in "No Sanctuary". Rick kissing Michonne on the couch.

What it could hint at: I am struck with how much of the imagery involves Judith. Not just one scene, but three. It makes me suspect Rick's relationship with his daughter will become much more important in season 7. His words to Maggie are also telling that the group will be weaker because they will no longer be "all of us". ​

Marcie69, slade3, Hailekim and 5 others like this.
  7. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really hope it's not the former as that would be retreading old grounds. Somehow I feel it will be the latter much like how Andrea lost Dale but instead of it sending her into another suicidal spiral, she's able to be more at peace with it and move on. It won't be easy, but I think she'll come out the other side.
    Don't scare me like this. :gabe:

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree it will feel like a retread if Sasha becomes suicidal again, but it does make me wonder if she will end up taking that Holly arc after all and just charge at Negan in a suicide run. I could see it happening down the road.

I don't think the Judith connection is necessarily an omen; but it is very curious. There was a lot of emphasis on Judy in the trailer given she's usually such a non-entity. It makes me wonder if she's going to be a catalyst for something.

9. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Judy has always functioned as the hope of the group that things could get better. I think that is what is going on here too. And last season the symbolism of the baby or babies was pretty hardcore so I wouldn't be surprised if it the case here too.

10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I do think the theme of babies will carry on next season -- especially with Maggie's pregnancy being up in the air. It is rather peculiar Judy is getting so much focus though.

It sounds like Negan will be hanging out with Judy in 707-708 at some point, so I wonder if this incites Rick to anger?

11. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I took the images in the flashes to stand for everything these people have to lose at that moment. Some of them will lose it (Glenn, Abe, Maggie, Sasha), some won't (Rick, Michonne, Aaron, possibly Eugene), others make it past the Lucille event but the future might not be so bright for them (Daryl, possibly Rosita). That's why crucial pieces of the past are missing: Lori, Mike & Andre, Hershel, Beth, Bob, Tyreese, etc. The focus is on what's at stake in the moment. But not everyone will lose the people and things they love.

12. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I was checking my DVR scheduled recordings and a 1 hour TWD "Season 7 Preview Special" is now on my schedule for August 14th at 10PM. I haven't heard anything about this, and I suspect, like all the articles @walkinggirl26 has come across this week, it is airing to get people excited about season 7 and the DVD/BluRay release.

ETA: I will also put this in the Filming Discussion Thread just in case.

Appetence likes this.
  13. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Here's some speculation (or more like stray observations) I've been sitting on for awhile now. It first popped into my head around season 4, and certain things since then have seemed to support it. Filming spoiling for season 7 don't seem to support it, but I figured I'd share it with someone other than my best friend.

Rick and Michonne Get Kicked Out of Paradise

...by Maggie

Or, Maggie kicks Richonne out of the ASZ, and Richonne end up at the Hilltop.

Potential Foreshadowing of Maggie vs. Richonne/Rick

1. "Don't want to piss off a pregnant lady / Yeah, not THAT pregnant lady."

2. Adam and Eve symbolism; getting kicked out of paradise

3. Maggie's leadership arc, from being Deanna's protege (and Deanna was the previous leader of Alexandria) to negotiating with Gregory, combined with the fact that Maggie was taking charge of preparing for a fight while Rick was talking bout some "this world is ours" could lead to Maggie taking over Alexandria.

4. In season 4, Rick tells Maggie that he banished Carol. She agrees it was the right decision but is unsure she could do that. Rick assures her that she has done harder things.​

Set Up For a Reversal (Team Family United, Defending Rick > Team Family Broken, Turning on Rick)

1. In the season 5 finale, many Team Family members (including Maggie) defend Rick from potentially being banished from Alexandria. (Notably, Michonne also states that no matter what happens, she's with Rick. Since "nothing happens" in this instance and Rick is NOT banished, I believe circumstances must occur which will directly test this declaration from Michonne - and she likely WILL keep this promise)

2. The scene with Maggie and Rick in the S6 Finale where Rick emphasizes the power of togetherness and Maggie states, "I believe in Rick Grimes."​

Richonne and the Hilltop

1. Maggie & Jesus Relationship Underplayed: In the comics, Maggie takes over the Hilltop with Jesus as her right-hand guy, but "Knots Untie" did little to set up a future friendship or working relationship between the two: Maggie held Jesus at gunpoint, and Jesus told Maggie something she already knew - that Gregory was a dick.

2. Richonne & Jesus Relationship Emphasized: Rick was one of the first members of TF to meet and interact with Jesus. Jesus woke up Richonne ending "The Next World" on a shot of him in between the "two warrior lovers," and spent much of "Knots Untie" observing their relationship, making friends with Michonne, and using his observations of their relationship to try and plea his case on several instances (ie ask his new buddy Michonne to check her man).

3. Michonne and Rick were the first to interfere when Gregory got stabbed, and Michonne knocked that chick that punched Rick on her ass, which according to Danai was sending a clear message to the people of the Hilltop: Don't mess with Rick while Michonne's around. A message which may likely come to play in the future.

4. That one shot of Rick and Michonne overlooking the Hilltop while out on the manor balcony - like the leaders surveying their territory.

5. Michonne mentioned Jesus while she and Rick were spooning, and their Adam & Eve apple might've been meant to be a reminder of the Hilltop - or maybe it was an apple from the orchards Aaron mentioned, the same ones that produced the apple sauce he hated so much.​

Other Possibly Relevant Observations

1. In Knots Untie, Maggie says attacking the Saviors will "cost them something." She doesn't specifically say people will die, so she isn't necessarily referring to death, or death exclusively. While she likely did not foresee it, she might be referring to the bond that ties Team Family together.

2. Rick learned how to farm from Hershel, which would be a useful knowledge/skill set to have in an agricultural community like the Hilltop. He's been frequently pictured near or compared to war leaders who retired to "agriculture-based" lives (such as George Washington). Rick hasn't put his farming skills to work yet, but Maggie tried her hand and laid down roots in the ASZ.

3. Maggie and Glenn have interacted with a lot of the B and C members of Team Family, and made some strong connections with them. If asked to choose between Rick and Maggie, the few who would most likely pick Rick include Daryl, Michonne, Morgan, and possibly Carol, Father Gabriel, and Abraham. Everyone else is either a toss-up or close to someone who is close to Maggie (ie Rosita is close to Tara). Daryl, Morgan, and Carol will all be away from TF for much of season 7; Abraham's dead, leaving only Michonne as steadfastly loyal to Rick, and Father Gabriel as a hard "maybe."

4. TF was given two houses when they first came to the ASZ - different from the comics, in which they were given three. They all stayed in one house for the first night, and Deanna remarked on how incredible it was to see so many different people bonded in such a way. But soon enough, the house is split into two - and notably, Richonne and Gleggie take separate houses. By season 7, all the people who lived in the first house besides Grimes 2.0 either moved out, are gone from the ASZ indefinitely, or dead.​

tuswig, Rhona, Doctor Grimes and 5 others like this.
  14. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I read a good point (I think it was by someone at TSDF) that the beginning of "East" could've been a hint at the fact some of the characters will never come back to the ASZ.

"It's All Over" plays over scenes of Carol, Daryl, Sasha, Abraham, Glenn, and Maggie. It ends when it gets to Rick and Michonne.

As it stands, all of the characters who are featured during the song are currently gone from the ASZ -- and haven't been back since 615-616. Abraham and Glenn are dead. Carol is at the Kingdom. Daryl was at Sanctuary and is now at the Kingdom. Sasha and Maggie are at Hilltop.

It probably stands to reason Carol, Daryl, Maggie, and Sasha will never come back. It's kind of sad.

15. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What the hell. Could care less about :itt:, but that's sad as shit for the rest of the bunch. D:

[​IMG]

It's too early for this. I'll see myself out.

16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I kinda don't want Carol and Daryl to go back to ASZ. They need a start fresh somewhere else. They were not happy there so why go back.

17. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also noticed something individual and personal happens to some of the characters in the line up in addition to losing someone by Lucille. Maybe this will extend to the rest of the line up. That's not much of a surprise given that most of them are our main characters and naturally shit will be directed their way.

Glenn & Abe - Killed by Negan.
    Rick - Tortured by Negan.
    Carl - One on one session with Negan.
    Daryl - Taken hostage by none other than Negan.
    Aaron - Beaten by the Saviors (or Negan?) when they come by ASZ.
    Eugene - Taken prisoner later on to the Sanctuary.

Things get a little iffy with the women.

Maggie & Sasha - They haven't been filming much and lot's of it is under wraps, so I don't know if anything additional happens to them when they lose their S.O. There could be a chance of Sasha taking Holly's arc.
    Rosita - Not much is known. Potential to take Holly's arc if there is one. We also know Spencer is gutted, so maybe that will have a personal affect on her since they were involved in S6.
    Michonne - I was thinking of all this to raise my hopes that maybe she will get a remixed scene of Andrea's tower fight in the GN. We also know she has an encounter with a Savior women, but I don't know if anything big happens to Michonne since she seems to have the upper hand.

18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I noticed that as well.

Everyone close to Rick appears to get victimized by the Saviors in some way, which is part of what lends Rick to going against Negan.

This is what makes me think some of them haven't had their "moment" yet. Aaron, Eugene, Olivia, Spencer, Daryl, Abe, Glenn, and Carl get touched by Negan in some horrible way already. All this leads Rick to finally planning against Negan.

It makes me think the rest is yet to come. Maybe Maggie, Sasha, and Michonne get victimized next half? Or maybe it'll just be Michonne (as Maggie and Sasha could be seen as having been hurt by Glenn and Abe's death).

19. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Wow. This makes me sad. I remember when "East" aired, the speculation was the song
    hinted at the LV victim, but also at Carol leaving since one of the lines is "Let her go." It never hit me that everyone shown during that song is not at ASZ in season 7.
    Excellent point. Once I have a chance to rewatch season 6, I'll now watch with this in mind.

Marcie69 and Doctor Grimes like this.
  20. Appetence

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    If Negan hurts Michonne
    .....So help me...