1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta General Season 7 Speculation [Spoilers May Be Included]

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Gooey Goobert, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Very interesting points. I wondered about that, too. I was thinking they made a point of making a point b/c Maggie and Tara have not sren each other since the attack on the outpost, likewise with Daryl...Glenn is dead and so is Denise. Reinforcing some connections...maybe? Maybe a disagreement about Oceanside between she and Rick

2. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Tara's placement between Rick and Michonne was weird, but I hadn't noticed her placement between Rick and Maggie until @Barbarossa-TWD posted the picture. And then someone in a different thread (or was it this one) made a comment about Maggie and Tara not speaking during the Hilltop reunion scene even though Maggie had said Tara meant so much to her in a previous episode.

So maybe Tara's placement is just to remind us that she's important to Maggie because they didn't have time to add dialogue or a hug between them? It seems a bit obvious, but I also didn't think they'd zoom into Michonne's walkie talkie just to remind us Rick gave her one, so we wouldn't be confused about why he was holding his longingly. (I know; I have to move on.)

I know some have felt Tara may get the Holly death, but I'd question why she was the one to find Oceanside, befriend Cyndie, and keep their secret, if she's just going to die. Even though @Appetence makes a good case for why she could go that way - I hadn't thought about the parallel of Denise taking Abe's death and Tara taking Holly's.

Marcie69 likes this.
  3. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think because Tara was away when Denise, Glenn and Abraham were killed, her placement was meant to remind us that she hasn't seen most of the group, but particularly Maggie, Daryl and Sasha for a really long time. I'm leaning toward Sasha being given Holly's comic death because it feels like giving Tara a bottle episode leaves her with too much unfinished business with Oceanside and I think Sasha is a better fit for someone willing to sacrifice themself to help the group fight Negan.

4. Marcie69

Marcie69 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I was just wondering what you all think of both Michonne and Sasha being good snipers now. Before Richonne became canon - even before the Messie crap - I had heard rumblings of Sasha taking over the Andrea arc completely. Do you think the writers had been thinking of Rick & Sasha originally and then decided that was a stupid idea when Richonne was right there in front of them?

Also, Abraham saving Francine at the construction site was identical to Abe saving his soon-to-be-new-love Holly in the comics. Were they going to go with Abe & Francine and Rick & Sasha but then decided to switch it up only when they started writing Season 6!

5. Mischonne

Mischonne Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I think they were always going with Michonne and Rick since Season 3. The writer/producer starting planting seeds of Richonne since she came up to the fence with a basket of baby food.

Rhona, Katbird, MrsG and 8 others like this.
  6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree with @Mischonne. Richonne was in the works for a long time.

Knowing that Andrea and Rick weren't going to be a couple like in the GN, we've speculated here that Andrea's GN character traits were split amongst various other TV characters. TV Andrea became a good shot and she has the blonde hair. Beth got the facial scar and Sasha got the sniper role. Michonne, of course, got the love of Rick's life role.

Many of us assume the reason they made Michonne gain sniper skills is to have some kind of version of the iconic tower fight scene in the GN for the finale. GN Andrea is in the tower with her sniper rifle getting ready to take out some Saviors when Negan's right hand man, Connor, attacks her and they have a brutal fight. Andrea is able to get the jump on Connor and he falls out of the tower. From a distance, Rick assumes it's Andrea falling to her death and he gives up and doesn't want to live anymore. There's no way Gimple is letting that scene go and it will definitely be in the finale in some iteration. Instead of a tower, Michonne might be on some other type of structure and speculation is she fights with a woman, not a man.

I believe Holly's character has been split up as well. Francine got the rescue, Sasha got the new love interest role and there was an actual Holly who was killed during the Wolves arc.

7. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oooh, I forgot this might happen. It'll be even more interesting to watch after Rick's speech to her about losing one another in 7.12. You really can't prepare yourself to lose a loved one.

Katbird, MrsG, DavieVC and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    Awesome! Thank you for the response. That definitely makes sense to me now :)

the
    !

DavieVC and MamaGrimes like this.
  9. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    Good! I'm glad of that. It just became a question in my mind as of late and I wanted to talk it over with someone. Thanks!! :)

!

DavieVC likes this.
  10. RoomWithAMoose

RoomWithAMoose Watchtower Sniper
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Agreed. Gimple has been planning Richonne since S3, so I don't think there was any point in time that they entertained Rick ending up with anyone else.

Knowing how much Gimple and co. are determined to play out certain iconic scenes from the GN, the tower scene was definitely in the planning and since Gimple is Richonne :trash:(thankfully), I think that scene was always going to go to her. They had to make it so that made sense. Her getting good with a sniper rifle was the way to do that. As someone (I can't remember who at the moment) in another thread pointed out, in 7x12 there is suddenly a water tower just outside of Alexandria, so that would make sense as a sniping vantage point, and might be the most likely place for the tower remix to happen. It's high enough and would be far enough away that in the dark, and from the ground, Rick could easily mistake a falling body with Michonne.

11. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Survivor of Many Disasters
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I agree.

I do believe that Michonne will fight Arat and it will be Arat who will take that fall.

We got to get her back for shooting Olivia

12. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I don't think it will be Arat. Rosita will eventually kill Arat IMO

Marcie69 and DavieVC like this.
  13. DavieVC

DavieVC Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It does not matter who kills Arat. The important thing is that she gets killed. The fewer Saviors there are, the better it will be for Grimes Family 2.0 and Team Family.

Rhona, Katbird and Marcie69 like this.
  14. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I kinda like Arat, so I want her to be one of the Saviors that turns against Negan since she only killed Olivia, and I thought Michonne was going to fight someone from the GPK

15. DavieVC

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am honestly not fond of any Saviors, so I do not mind if they all get killed. However, I understand and respect that other viewers enjoy their presence to some extent.

Ms.J.Richonne and Marcie69 like this.
  16. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think it will be Arat cause that would be an economic use of characters. There is a reason she was introduced and given a name and lines. Why have her show up and be a named character to have her fade into the background later. This would add gravitas to the the tower remix scene...or up the stakes a bit. It could also be one of those Saviors that beat up Aaron. Or the one that inappropriately touched Enid if it needs to be a male. The scene becomes way more important that way.

That being said, I don't see Arat turning against Negan cause they haven't really laid anything down in that regard. No hints at it. She is very clearly one of his henchmen and she is not at all conflicted about what she is doing. Middle management and brutal. Whereas, from the previous episode Bury Me Here, I could see the guy that was in charge of picking up supplies from the Kingdom maybe turning on the Saviors. He was very upset that Benjamin was killed. He collects things because that is his job, his 9 to 5, but I don't think he gets joy out subjugating others. Middle management and unhappy. Dwight = Middle management and unhappy.

17. DavieVC

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @AbsoluteTrash, this is a wonderful post. I truly share your insight.

Marcie69 likes this.
  18. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    I am so excited for the tower scene! A few friends have watched Say Yes and are convinced that it is the foreshadowing to the death of either Rick or Michonne. I sat there by myself trying not to smile, thinking, it is a buildup and foreshadowing to a FAKEOUT death, suckers! You won't know what hit you!

19. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    That's true, and since in the GN there is a female Savior
    turncoat
    named Laura, and there is now an actual Laura in the show, I think that Arat's time may be up.

Katbird, DavieVC and AbsoluteTrash like this.
  20. Marcie69

Walker Pets:
    I actually liked Negan's brunette wife with bangs because she seems smart, a bit into Eugene, and she was the only one that straight up walked out of the room disgusted when Negan murdered Dr. Carson.

Katbird and DavieVC like this.