1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta General Season 7 Speculation [Spoilers May Be Included]

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Gooey Goobert, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Very interesting points. I wondered about that, too. I was thinking they made a point of making a point b/c Maggie and Tara have not sren each other since the attack on the outpost, likewise with Daryl...Glenn is dead and so is Denise. Reinforcing some connections...maybe? Maybe a disagreement about Oceanside between she and Rick

2. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Tara's placement between Rick and Michonne was weird, but I hadn't noticed her placement between Rick and Maggie until @Barbarossa-TWD posted the picture. And then someone in a different thread (or was it this one) made a comment about Maggie and Tara not speaking during the Hilltop reunion scene even though Maggie had said Tara meant so much to her in a previous episode.

So maybe Tara's placement is just to remind us that she's important to Maggie because they didn't have time to add dialogue or a hug between them? It seems a bit obvious, but I also didn't think they'd zoom into Michonne's walkie talkie just to remind us Rick gave her one, so we wouldn't be confused about why he was holding his longingly. (I know; I have to move on.)

I know some have felt Tara may get the Holly death, but I'd question why she was the one to find Oceanside, befriend Cyndie, and keep their secret, if she's just going to die. Even though @Appetence makes a good case for why she could go that way - I hadn't thought about the parallel of Denise taking Abe's death and Tara taking Holly's.

Marcie69 likes this.
  3. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think because Tara was away when Denise, Glenn and Abraham were killed, her placement was meant to remind us that she hasn't seen most of the group, but particularly Maggie, Daryl and Sasha for a really long time. I'm leaning toward Sasha being given Holly's comic death because it feels like giving Tara a bottle episode leaves her with too much unfinished business with Oceanside and I think Sasha is a better fit for someone willing to sacrifice themself to help the group fight Negan.