1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Go West! Rick sent the mega herd to Negan!

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Rick: We force them west here.
    Deanna: How?
    Rick: We block it off so they can only go one way, west, away from the community.

Rick: We're not gonna bury killers inside these walls. I understand how you feel. I do.
    Tobin: But it's not your decision.
    Deanna: Tobin. Rick's right. Take it away.
    Go west.
    Down Branton Road a few miles. Just past the bridge. We don't go out that way.

George: Still going. Looks like the end of them, though.
    All damn night. At least Negan's smart enough not to let that mess anywhere near us (Another Rick/Negan parallel). Fat Joey's good for something, at least. What, eating cake? He rigged the herdway. Just trips. Nothing fancy. Guerilla kind of stuff. What kind of stuff? As in warfare, idiot. Those demo sticks from that run last month, the RPGs from the new guys. [Sighs] Maybe it takes it down. Takes them out. All right, it's a trickle. Let's go. Finally. Thank Christ.

Okay my new speculation:

Rick sent the mega herd from season 6 towards the sanctuary!!!

This truck had to wait out the entire night for the herd to pass... that sounds like Rick's quarry herd!!!

2. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Rick: Tire tracks pointed east... we go east.
    Morgan: Saviors' compound that you and the group-- that you went to, that was west.
    Rick: Seems like she went east.

richonnelove likes this.
  3. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Purple calms the nerves
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This has been discussed in other threads.

Negan and the Saviours would've found them eventually, but this could explain why ASZ has been able to stay untouched by Negan for so long. Also explaining and adding more reasons to why he has such an interest in Rick and TF.

traditonal mindblown.gif

4. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I noticed that scene too. I remember that being a big concern of mine from season 6a that seemed ridiculously glossed over. They moved that herd and acting like no one else lived in the area. Daryl, Sasha and Abe were shot at by the Saviors in the process of moving them, that's how Daryl came across Dwight and Sherry the first time.

5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    My point was that Rick push this huge herd that had been contained towards Negan in the west.

Now I am wondering if it was Negan in the first place who trapped the herd them in this quarry. That is a lot of work and the only people we know that could have the capability and heavy equipment is Negan.

Also, Negan's people have been very adept at handling Walkers, we saw it with the women in Same Boat, then on the road in Last Day on Earth and now at the Sanctuary. Negan uses the walkers as security dogs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Sigh all these plots that we can pull together for a compelling story. Wish Gimps and Co could do the same lol

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  7. Atributetoorange

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought it was the military, because at the bottom of the quarry it was a military and citizen base camp. In that episode someone named it the "camp that ate itself" or something like that.

Katbird and ReeciePiecey like this.
  8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    You are right.

Heath: My team... we saw it early on, back when we were on one of those first scouts, finding out what was around here. There was a camp at the bottom. The people, they must have blocked the exits with one of those trucks back when everything started to go bad. They didn't make it. They were all roamers. Maybe a dozen of them.
    Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22973

9. Atributetoorange

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I firmly believe that the herd coming from the East is one of the main reasons that piqued Negan's interests.

Negan and the Saviours were hitting communities within a smaller radius around the Sanctuary. ASZ was right outside that radius.

10. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Ooo, this is so interesting. But, it's spatial, logistical, and geographical...I don't do/understand either of those. Won't embarrass myself by trying to fake it, lol. So, the quarry herd was sent toward the Saviors' territory? Negan had not come across the ASZ before, because they didn't have to go out that far look for groups or hadn't gone out that far, yet? (Good grief, I'm confusing myself asking questions! Lol). The herd went towards The Sanctuary, this caused The Saviors to wonder why walker encounters increased from a certain range to an altogether different/higher range, frequency/size wise...does Negan think the ASZ is responsible for that or was he scouting to figure out why? I think he has intel, so maybe he was eventually told about them executing the quarry plan? (Am I missing the point?). This would definitely help explain why Negan has zeroed in on Rick and company. He is already waaayy impressed with Team Family. Negan be talkin' sh*t, but, homeboy wants to convert Rick/Team Family to his way of thinking, his world view. I think that there must be some major unknown point for Negan that is crucial. Keeping the Sanctuary virtually walker free is kinda like his only/biggest "selling point.". Keeps saying they "provide security". Not good to be spouting that line, and they be runnin' from walkers all day, everyday. Somebody will start asking questions. Like: "Why we letting' dude run things, again?". Like I said, I don't understand the directions/East/West aspect, but, I think I know why it may have brought Negan to them, I think. Y'all are too smart for me!
    P.S. Does that have anything to do with the title of the episode before the Season 6 finale--*East*?