1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Has the group gone too far?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 7, 2016.

?

Has the group gone too far?

1. No. They are just doing what they need to do to survive.

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Yes. They were killing people in their sleep for a cow and some food. It's wrong.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. They're close to crossing the line, but haven't crossed it yet.

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. I don't care. Just pass me some popcorn and let me watch the bloodbath.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think you're right. On the moral scale, the show decided to take it easy on the group -- and the audience. We've seen lunatics aren't against enlisting children as soldiers.

[​IMG]

It could've been another situation like this.

[​IMG]

Or this.

But I agree with @Clutterbuck. I find it hard to believe the group would gun down children unless the children were trying to shoot them first. If there had been children soldiers, I imagine the group would've walked away with more of their soul in shatters than before.

CordeliaMathews and Clutterbuck like this.
  2. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You're right, it usually isn't that clean. And I assume if part of the Saviors story line was meant to include a huge moral quandary for the group they wouldn't have been given the "easy" route in just killing men or those who were firing on them. But I don't think the objective of this particular plot point was to have the audience question the moral status of the group as we were shown that they did in fact have trouble doing what they did. Though that would certainly make for a very interesting storyline, but I don't imagine something like that will ever come to pass as it's likely way too dark.

I don't even think I recall any kids at the Sanctuary in the comics........

CordeliaMathews likes this.